Feb 6 - School apologizes for black history lunch menu vol. Annual Black History Month Faux Pas

They getting too comfortable again, that's all I'm gonna say...
Right 
mean.gif

Dat purple drink put it over da top tho
wha?! i didnt see purple drink mentioned. maybe that was in the video, aint peep.

if thats the case then yeah thats a bit much. but fried chicken, cornbread, and watermelon sounds like a good lunch.

and am i mistaken, or is that not soul food? which is commonly considered african american cuisine?

maybe they couldve gone with something less basic, but budgets is budgets brehs.

Prolly cause nobody would eat that ish and parents would take it as an opportunity to complain that, "this isn't african history month, it's black history month, why not just serve some fried chicken, cornbread, greens, etc."

I second the notion that we are way too sensitive these days when it comes to any and everything race/culture related. Pretty soon referring to soul food as soul food will be racist.  

Well, you make a good point lol

:smh:

Do people really think that black people eat watermelon with fried chicken?

As a black man I have never eaten watermelon and fried chicken at the same time.

when i think of black history month in school i remember only celebrating african americans.

shouldnt it be African American History Month?

"black history month" doesnt make sense considering how it is observed.

or black american history month.

Last edited:
outside of racial insults and racist jokes online, i dont think i have ever seen a black dude eating a watermelon on tv/movies or in real life

watermelon is always good though 
smokin.gif

Oh look, America is reminding us that they don't like black people. Again.

Who the **** eats watermelon as a side with a meal?!? All they were missing was the grape kool-aid :smh:

Last edited:
A 30 minute drive from richmond and you are now in territory with one of the remaining active KKK chapters in California :lol:
I'm not surprised that this happened in the concord/walnut creek area

u know as a black person that menu seems legit
except for watermelon i dont really like watermelon
i see what hey were trying to do though
was kool aid or grape soda on the menu :nerd:

What's next an outrage during cinco de mayo for chalupas and tacos smh

I'm more mad at the fact they would serve that unhealthy mess to our kids

Back
Top Bottom