Egypt REVOLUTION! Military Coup = Succuessful. U.S. paid military now in power.

Sounds like a horror movie; the cover ups and lies , best wishes to city of Cairo ; hopefully this could be resolved without anymore deaths

So the US want democracy over there? Convert everyone to one way of thinking makes it easier to control and manipulate.

Mubarak set to deliver a televised speech shortly. Word is he'll announce he's willing to negotiate reforms with opposition parties and that he'll be stepping down by September's elections. The idiot is doing everything he can to stay in power.

Good looks on the Baradei article Carlos. I gotta admit I didn't know who the guy was before the protests began.

I have a feeling they shut communications down in Egypt so people here in the United States and around the world wouldn't get any new ideas or learn how to over throw their government.

Hmmm.

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

I have a feeling they shut communications down in Egypt so people here in the United States and around the world wouldn't get any new ideas or learn how to over throw their government.

Hmmm.

LOL there's no conspiracy theory behind why they shut down communications. They shut down communications to try to stop people from getting together and planning protests, etc. This whole government revolt in Egypt actually spread word on Twitter haha Then the government closed down Twitter and everyone went to Facebook. LOL

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Who said El Baradei was some sort of revolutionary? The guy is merely just one opposition figure and nothing more. Within Egypt he still suffers from a lack of credibility. Citizens and politicians (including political parties that are now working with him) have questioned his allegiance to the country seeing as how he's lived outside of Egypt for the better part of the last 3 decades. He's also been viewed as someone who doesnt really understand Egyptians and he has not yet shown the ability to relate to the poorest segments of the Egyptian population. He is 68 years old and returned to his Vienna home last year after the Mubarak regime were able to execute a successful smear campaign against him. It seems to me like he is reluctantly trying to spearhead change in Egypt due to the absence of other Egyptian agents of change. It seems like he wont mind leading the transitional government and help develop a new constitution before bowing out of the Egyptian political scene not too long after.

Also, ElBaradei was the first to point out that this revolt was launched by the Egyptian people themselves and that he had nothing to do with it.

As for him being a puppet to the West, I think this is completely incorrect. Lets not forget this is the same man that was a thorn in the U.S. and Israel's side in his last term as IAEA head as he not only tried to prevent U.S. conflict with Iraq and has criticized the U.S. and Israel for having nuclear weapons while trying to prevent Iran from acquiring them. He also criticized the U.S.'s approach with Iran which led to some increased tension between the Bush administration and himself. Also, lets not forget that yesterday he announced a coalition agreement with the Muslim Brotherhood. How do you think white people feel about this?

Please use your head a bit. Don't mean any offense, really. 
He was at the IAEA for ~20 years. You don't stay there by being a thorn in the side of anyone who matters.

Criticizing the US and Israel for having weapons? My response is literally..."and...?". It literally is hot air. It means nothing. It's "safe" criticism that appeals to some people. 

While under his watch the Iranian program advanced to the point where Israel and US had to develop and release STUXNET to disable a large portion of the Iranian centrifuges and set Iran back some years. I'm not really blaming him just merely pointing out that he was nothing more than some flapping gums at the IAEA. 

As for teaming up with the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood ( which is quite moderate compared to similar orgs in other Arab countries), please see (don't shoot the messenger;I'm not a big fan of WND either). Also, from a comment on the article on Marketwatch reagrding the former US ambassador who had the metting:

Frank has long and strong ties to CIA. His father was infamous, and sadly had a breakdown and committed suicide in 1965. But he was a lobbyist at Patton Boggs and before that an executive at American International Group, a company with ties to the intelligence community and "international trade" most of it in the Middle East and Gulf States

Like I said, he's sucked off power brokers for the better part of 20 years and he plays it safe.  He does what is "suggested" to him. 

El Baradei is useless. He speaks English, is familiar to the west, and comes across as a progressive moderate guy; all reasons why the media keeps mentioning him. He's got that "acceptable" and "friendly" image. Unfortunately when it comes to anything more than speeches and possibly small domestic reform, he just lacks the teeth. Same goes for the MB and just about every other name I've seen mentioned thus far.

In reality Egypt needs guys with the vigor and iron will of Hassan Nasrallah or Ayatollah Khamenei. Obviously the support for an Islamic Caliphate is not there, and I'm not even talking about the religion side here. Just someone with balls, probably running on a nationalist or pro-poor Arab (a la Hugo Chavez in SA) who will first and foremost focus on DOMESTIC issues while building up Egypt as an independent superpower in the Middle East. Without these kinds of leaders Egypt is forever doomed to be a US/Israeli chess piece. Unfortunately no such candidate exists to my knowledge, and even so, the surrounding puppet states and their handlers would not let it happen. Pro-Isreali/US sentiment seems too ingrained in the military leadership.

I hope this overall message isn't lost on the protesters and they don't become pacified by some "democratic freedoms" being thrown at them for them to shut up and continue being pawns. They need to understand no one really gives a **%! about Egypt, so rather than trying to appease the West, they should start going their own route, even if it means defying the puppet masters. How much of a counter-balance in the Middle East would a galvanized Egypt be if it were led by an unapologetic government with Egypt's, and only Egypt's interests in mind. All that's left would be to acquire nuclear arms. 
sick.gif
pimp.gif

The stage is set with the US showing it is yielding to China economically, politically, even militarily. China is already in Sudan and very interested in Africa, there's no reason why it wouldn't bank roll the type of Egyptian government I'm talking about. Iran and to some extent Russia would be other obvious potential allies. Just imagining these kinds of prospects must cause Israeli leaders to have nightmares. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Who said El Baradei was some sort of revolutionary? The guy is merely just one opposition figure and nothing more. Within Egypt he still suffers from a lack of credibility. Citizens and politicians (including political parties that are now working with him) have questioned his allegiance to the country seeing as how he's lived outside of Egypt for the better part of the last 3 decades. He's also been viewed as someone who doesnt really understand Egyptians and he has not yet shown the ability to relate to the poorest segments of the Egyptian population. He is 68 years old and returned to his Vienna home last year after the Mubarak regime were able to execute a successful smear campaign against him. It seems to me like he is reluctantly trying to spearhead change in Egypt due to the absence of other Egyptian agents of change. It seems like he wont mind leading the transitional government and help develop a new constitution before bowing out of the Egyptian political scene not too long after.

Also, ElBaradei was the first to point out that this revolt was launched by the Egyptian people themselves and that he had nothing to do with it.

As for him being a puppet to the West, I think this is completely incorrect. Lets not forget this is the same man that was a thorn in the U.S. and Israel's side in his last term as IAEA head as he not only tried to prevent U.S. conflict with Iraq and has criticized the U.S. and Israel for having nuclear weapons while trying to prevent Iran from acquiring them. He also criticized the U.S.'s approach with Iran which led to some increased tension between the Bush administration and himself. Also, lets not forget that yesterday he announced a coalition agreement with the Muslim Brotherhood. How do you think white people feel about this?

He was at the IAEA for ~20 years. You don't stay there by being a thorn in the side of anyone who matters.

Criticizing the US and Israel for having weapons? My response is literally..."and...?". It literally is hot air. It means nothing. It's "safe" criticism that appeals to some people. 

While under his watch the Iranian program advanced to the point where Israel and US had to develop and release STUXNET to disable a large portion of the Iranian centrifuges and set Iran back some years. I'm not really blaming him just merely pointing out that he was nothing more than some flapping gums at the IAEA. 

As for teaming up with the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood ( which is quite moderate compared to similar orgs in other Arab countries), please see (don't shoot the messenger;I'm not a big fan of WND either). Also, from a comment on the article on Marketwatch reagrding the former US ambassador who had the metting:

Frank has long and strong ties to CIA. His father was infamous, and sadly had a breakdown and committed suicide in 1965. But he was a lobbyist at Patton Boggs and before that an executive at American International Group, a company with ties to the intelligence community and "international trade" most of it in the Middle East and Gulf States
Like I said, he's sucked off power brokers for the better part of 20 years and he plays it safe.  He does what is "suggested" to him. 

Yeah, he was flapping gums at the IAEA but if he was such a U.S. puppet then why did Condoleeza Rice criticize him and why did the U.S. oppose his bid for IAEA re-election?

I already know about the Egyptian MB and how they are a moderate non-violent organization. The thing is, the U.S. and Israel are extremely skeptical about the MB having a role in a democratic Egyptian political system for fear that they may turn into a more radical movement. Forget about these fears for a second...the U.S. and Israel do not want the MB to have much of a role in Egyptian politics because they may destabilize Egypt's relationship with Israel. Aligning himself with the MB is not a terrible political move for Baradei but it certainly wont win him brownie points with the West and with Israel.
Unfortunately when it comes to anything more than speeches and possibly small domestic reform, he just lacks the teeth.
If you've been following Baradei since he stepped down from the IAEA you'd realize he's much more than just a talker. The guy actually knows what he's talking about. Over a year ago he called for the need for political reform and he warned Egyptians that they could not rely on Western powers to initiate change within the country. He said the only way Egypt could become a democracy is through change within and he's been proven right so far. Further, he talked about the need to completely amend the Egyptian constitution. I think he'd know what to do if he assumed power (keep in mind he is a former law professor so what better guy than him to help come up with a new constitution?). I'm not saying he's Egypt's savior, and neither are the Egyptian people. Like I said earlier, he still lacks credibility on the Egyptian streets but at the same time he is more than qualified to be leader of the country. My personal opinion is that he is reluctantly trying to encourage change in Egypt because he does not see too many Egyptian social leaders out there at the moment.

And the real puppet masters with regards to Egypt is the Egyptian military. Since 1952.

Originally Posted by Dame Theory

NbbvA.jpg
nice 
and smh @ Israel's stance in this whole fiasco. They cry democracy only if it supports their interests but now they are sad to see their despotic friend go because it will "affect stability in the region," meaning a stable environment that will allow them to continue implementing oppressive tactics over the Palestinians. Not a word of sympathy to Egyptians, no support for meaningful change for the benefit of ordinary citizens. Strictly political, self-centered interest. I really hope that UFO stole something of value to them. 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Yeah, he was flapping gums at the IAEA but if he was such a U.S. puppet then why did Condoleeza Rice criticize him and why did the U.S. oppose his bid for IAEA re-election?

I already know about the Egyptian MB and how they are a moderate non-violent organization. The thing is, the U.S. and Israel are extremely skeptical about the MB having a role in a democratic Egyptian political system for fear that they may turn into a more radical movement. Forget about these fears for a second...the U.S. and Israel do not want the MB to have much of a role in Egyptian politics because they may destabilize Egypt's relationship with Israel. Aligning himself with the MB is not a terrible political move for Baradei but it certainly wont win him brownie points with the West and with Israel.
Unfortunately when it comes to anything more than speeches and possibly small domestic reform, he just lacks the teeth.
If you've been following Baradei since he stepped down from the IAEA you'd realize he's much more than just a talker. The guy actually knows what he's talking about. Over a year ago he called for the need for political reform and he warned Egyptians that they could not rely on Western powers to initiate change within the country. He said the only way Egypt could become a democracy is through change within and he's been proven right so far. Further, he talked about the need to completely amend the Egyptian constitution. I think he'd know what to do if he assumed power (keep in mind he is a former law professor so what better guy than him to help come up with a new constitution?). I'm not saying he's Egypt's savior, and neither are the Egyptian people. Like I said earlier, he still lacks credibility on the Egyptian streets but at the same time he is more than qualified to be leader of the country. My personal opinion is that he is reluctantly trying to encourage change in Egypt because he does not see too many Egyptian social leaders out there at the moment.

And th
e real puppet masters with regards to Egypt is the Egyptian military. Since 1952.

I'm sorry that just made me laugh. Like I said before, he might bring some domestic reform and make a few fancy speeches, but when it comes to real action to put Egypt on the proper path, this guy is a joke. No pro-western moderate willing to shake hands and smile at a war criminal terrorist is right to lead Egypt.
51034370.jpg
                                                                                                                         Also, who do you think controls Egypt's military ? Do you realize how close the collaboration between the military and the US govt. is ? 
roll.gif

Originally Posted by devildog1776

this is merely the first act in the first scene....

please quote this in 2 years
Whats your take on all this devildog1776 ? curious to know your insight, enlighten me
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by tkthafm

laugh.gif

Good analysis from all insights in here.

Looks like Hosni will not step down anytime soon and will ride through until September. I was SO sure he would not let his legacy turn out as him being exiled by his people which would be such humiliation for him. The U.S./Israel and other allied Western superpowers probably told him to ride it out until September so they can help him do an orderly transition to guarantee a pro-Western democratic puppet leader is put in place.

the past few hours have been absolute MADNESS. the regime has sent their thugs in to attack the defenseless protesters and they are doing just that with stones, knives, machetes, etc. at one point they charged against them on the backs of horses and camels. they are attacking foreigners and journalists as well with a vengeance - CNNs own Anderson Cooper and his crew caught a few blows too. an absolutely vile showing by Mubarak. the regime is willing to foment as much chaos as possible to keep itself afloat. 

in case anyone had any doubts about the "pro-govt protesters", 

"Protesters hold up Police Identity Cards that they confiscated from pro Mubarak thugs"

scaled.php

Mubarak now trying to send chaos through his thugs and punish the masses protesting peacefully, that #+$*!*% bastard! 1 dead so far and 600 injured. This man is ruthless.

Back
Top Bottom