Egypt REVOLUTION! Military Coup = Succuessful. U.S. paid military now in power.

oldie but goodie:
Mubarak warns U.S. officials against military attack on Iran
Compiled by Beirut Daily Star staff
Thursday, March 02, 2006

Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak said he had advised the United States against attacking Iran, predicting that Tehran would react through its influence over Shiite communities in Arab countries in the Gulf. In remarks to Egyptian newspaper editors published on Wednesday, Mubarak also said an Israeli attack on Iran was unlikely because Tehran would respond by launching ballistic missiles at the Jewish state. The U.S. has declined to rule out military force against Iran.

Mubarak, speaking on his way back from the Gulf, said he discussed the consequences of a U.S. attack on Iran with U.S. Vice President **** Cheney, who visited Egypt in January.

"I said to him word for word: 'Listen to my advice for once.,'" Mubarak said, speaking the phrase in English. "You have vital interests in the Gulf region, especially oil."

"If an air strike [against Iran] took place, Iraq will turn into terrorist groups more than it is already ... The Gulf area has Shiite majorities in many states and America is linked to vital interests in this area and has naval facilities," Mubarak said.

The remarks were published in the state-owned daily Al-Gomhuriyya on Wednesday.
"Iran spends generously on the Shia in every country and these people are prepared to do anything if Iran is hit."

Mubarak also met with Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi on a brief stop in Libya late Tuesday, Al-Gomhuriyya said.

The pair discussed the situation in sudan's Darfur region and "the importance of working to solve the problem within the framework of the African Union and away from foreign interventions," said Egyptian ambassador to Libya, Mohammad Tahtawi.

Gadhafi and Mubarak also discussed the pressure on the Palestinian Authority and "the necessity of supporting the Palestinian people in the coming period," Tahtawi added.

Mubarak and Gadhafi talked about the Iranian nuclear portfolio, agreeing that the Middle East should be free of weapons of mass destruction, the ambassador added.

Al-Gomhuriyya also quoted Mubarak as saying that Egypt had won over U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice to its views on democracy in the Arab world and quoted her as saying it would take a generation for democracy to take hold.
"She was convinced by the way that political reform and the implementation of democracy is being done in Egypt ... She said that democracy in the Arab countries needed a generation," the newspaper quoted him as saying.

I mean we can be complacent and call Mubarak a complete puppet but at the end of the day we really have no idea of the things going on behind the scenes. 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

Originally Posted by rashi

Someone please tell me what the U.S. has to gain from Mubarak gone? If they had anything to substantial to gain from this, I would maybe buy it. Did you not hear Biden claim that he does not see Mubarak as a dictator? Did you not hear how Obama did not demand for Mubarak to step down but told him to do reforms? Mubarak has been complacent in many of the U.S. and Israel iforeign policies, which is why he gets billions in U.S. aid.

How about speeding up elections and propping up a puppet?

How would those two stooges look calling Mubarak a dictator while sending him $1.3 Billion in aid? How do you think that would fly with the public?
laugh.gif

Mubarak was the puppet we propped up. Your argument makes no sense.

It clearly does.

Obviously, Mubarak wasn't following through on thing dictated by this government (whatever it was). Hence, the change in regime. Aren't you reading news reports that are claiming that this administration has been hounding them for nearly 2 years on "changing" the way business it run?

http://blogs.abcnews.com/...uman-rights-for-the.html

Mubarak's days were already numbered. The next puppet was going to be his son who already is aligned and would be Western backed ally too. So, what is the point of bringing in another puppet that would lead to uncertainties when they already have a stronghold of a puppet with a cemented agenda? What you are saying makes no sense.

His son taking over isn't cemented in stone. Why do you think he sent his son to Europe? Clearly, his son was threatened of his life and has no friends among these protesters. All these puppets lead to uncertainties, look what happened to the Shah, look at Iraq, and Afghanistan now. This a huge cycle, don't you guys understand that? They don't have use for certain people anymore. The elections in Iran and Afghanistan has backfired on the U.S., it's just a matter of time...

Someone please tell me what the U.S. has to gain from Mubarak gone? If they had anything to substantial to gain from this, I would maybe buy it. Did you not hear Biden claim that he does not see Mubarak as a dictator? Did you not hear how Obama did not demand for Mubarak to step down but told him to do reforms? Mubarak has been complacent in many of the U.S. and Israel iforeign policies, which is why he gets billions in U.S. aid.

How would those two stooges look calling Mubarak a dictator while sending him $1.3 Billion in aid? How do you think that would fly with the public?
laugh.gif

It clearly does.

Obviously, Mubarak wasn't following through on thing dictated by this government (whatever it was). Hence, the change in regime. Aren't you reading news reports that are claiming that this administration has been hounding them for nearly 2 years on "changing" the way business it run?

Yeah, the Egyptian people have been calling for human rights for years as well. With the events in Tunisia as well as the obviously rigged past elections, the flood gates were opened. 

I can't understand why someone who hates the American government so much is trying to attribute such a monumental change in a totalitarian country to them. It's mind boggling.

Another sad reality while all this is going on is the rampant looting that is starting to take place. I just spoke to some relatives that live in Cairo and they told me the situation is getting really crazy. The residents are camped outside their homes with whatever protection they have to stop thieves now that the police force is basically non-functioning and no where to be found in emergencies.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ca...qM5glZvLWjSnHsrCgejEZ2UFzfG0hkg?docId=5798042

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by Mo Matik

I wish the US would show support for the Egyptians revolution.

It would be a HUGE step in repairing Americas image with Muslims from all over.

Unfortunately it won't happen. The groundbreaking speech by Obama in Cairo a few years ago was really just lip service.
But if reports coming out are saying the US might be involved, wouldn't that show that Obama's speech may have been genuine? I've got a good feeling about this actually, this could be Obama's way of not being a one term worthless president.
I'm very doubtful of any US involvement.

Like others have already said, it just doesn't make sense.  America likes Hosni.  He is one of our biggest friends in the region.

His old school stance on rights to speech and most importantly the authority to legally throw anyone in jail for an extended amount of time without trial or charges kept the people quiet.

This is a popular revolution. 

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

I mean we can be complacent and call Mubarak a complete puppet but at the end of the day we really have no idea of the things going on behind the scenes. 
nerd.gif

rashi knows, he knows everything
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

I wish the US would show support for the Egyptians revolution.

It would be a HUGE step in repairing Americas image with Muslims from all over.

Unfortunately it won't happen. The groundbreaking speech by Obama in Cairo a few years ago was really just lip service.
But if reports coming out are saying the US might be involved, wouldn't that show that Obama's speech may have been genuine? I've got a good feeling about this actually, this could be Obama's way of not being a one term worthless president.
I'm very doubtful of any US involvement.

Like others have already said, it just doesn't make sense.  America likes Hosni.  He is one of our biggest friends in the region.

His old school stance on rights to speech and most importantly the authority to legally throw anyone in jail for an extended amount of time without trial or charges kept the people quiet.

This is a popular revolution. 
If Mubarak is on his way out anyway ( by all indications he was as he was setting up his son as his successor) then it'd be a losing proposition to take his side. The US made the mistake of being on the losing side in the Iranian revolution and look at all of the headaches since. I have no idea whether the feds have determined that Mubarak is a sinking ship. If they have then it's on to the next one . 
glasses.gif

Oh so the next leader aint gonna be corruptible huh? Exactly. $ talks, and aint nobody talking louder than America.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

nerd.gif

rashi knows, he knows everything
laugh.gif
roll.gif

"So You Think You Can Spot A Puppet?"
So which is it? Is this truth or are they writing fiction? 
nerd.gif

Suleiman's appointment as VP likely paves the way for him soon becoming the 5th Pres. of Egypt. Mubarak's days as Pres. are likely numbered. Suleiman has been discussed as a possible successor to Mubarak for several years now and his appointment marks very little change at all. I have little doubt that the U.S. and maybe even Israel worked behind the scenes to see Suleiman appointed - a man that has been an ally to both nations for years now. Suleiman is also heavily backed by the Egyptian military and was their preferred successor over Gamal Mubarak. Speaking of Gamal, his departure from the country along with his brother's is a strong indication that the Mubarak regime is close to collapsing.

The people will continue protesting because they not only Hosny is gone but also all of his cronies (such as Suleiman) taken out as well. The main questions now are whether or not the military will back the people's call for a complete reform to the current political system (one that is currently extremely beneficial for the Egyptian military) or whether or not the military will back Suleiman if he does become President. Then you have the question of what Suleiman is going to do. The man is 74 years old so he cant be more than a caretaker President. Will he introduce reform but at the same time maintain a power vacuum at the top or will he see the liberalization of the Egyptian political system? One thing is for sure though...he is a President that the U.S. and Israel can live with.

Anyone that thinks this revolution is U.S. backed is extremely ignorant and needs to educate himself on Middle Eastern geopolitics. Mubarak has long been supported by the U.S. and Israel for the stability he has brought to the region. For decades, Egypt were Israel's main threat but they've since maintained over 30-years of cordial relations with Israel. As a result, the U.S. have ignored the domestic instability caused by Mubarak and have propped him up with billions of dollars in aid annually. With Mubarak's impending demise, you now have the risk of other U.S. backed authoritarian governments falling in the Middle East which increases the risk of destabilization in the region. Mubarak has generally been very good to the U.S. and Israel and they did not want to see him go out this way. Just go read Israeli publications and how much they've gushed over Mubarak over recent years. When it came down to foreign policy, Mubarak was the ideal Arab leader for American and Israeli interests. Make no mistake about it, this revolt is by the Egyptian people for the Egyptian people. It has absolutely nothing at all to do with America and everything to do with the recent events in Tunisia combined with 30-years of stagnation under Mubarak. 

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Suleiman's appointment as VP likely paves the way for him soon becoming the 5th Pres. of Egypt. Mubarak's days as Pres. are likely numbered. Suleiman has been discussed as a possible successor to Mubarak for several years now and his appointment marks very little change at all. I have little doubt that the U.S. and maybe even Israel worked behind the scenes to see Suleiman appointed - a man that has been an ally to both nations for years now. Suleiman is also heavily backed by the Egyptian military and was their preferred successor over Gamal Mubarak. Speaking of Gamal, his departure from the country along with his brother's is a strong indication that the Mubarak regime is close to collapsing.

The people will continue protesting because they not only Hosny is gone but also all of his cronies (such as Suleiman) taken out as well. The main questions now are whether or not the military will back the people's call for a complete reform to the current political system (one that is currently extremely beneficial for the Egyptian military) or whether or not the military will back Suleiman if he does become President. Then you have the question of what Suleiman is going to do. The man is 74 years old so he cant be more than a caretaker President. Will he introduce reform but at the same time maintain a power vacuum at the top or will he see the liberalization of the Egyptian political system? One thing is for sure though...he is a President that the U.S. and Israel can live with.

Anyone that thinks this revolution is U.S. backed is extremely ignorant and needs to educate himself on Middle Eastern geopolitics. Mubarak has long been supported by the U.S. and Israel for the stability he has brought to the region. For decades, Egypt were Israel's main threat but they've since maintained over 30-years of cordial relations with Israel. As a result, the U.S. have ignored the domestic instability caused by Mubarak and have propped him up with billions of dollars in aid annually. With Mubarak's impending demise, you now have the risk of other U.S. backed authoritarian governments falling in the Middle East which increases the risk of destabilization in the region. Mubarak has generally been very good to the U.S. and Israel and they did not want to see him go out this way. Just go read Israeli publications and how much they've gushed over Mubarak over recent years. When it came down to foreign policy, Mubarak was the ideal Arab leader for American and Israeli interests. Make no mistake about it, this revolt is by the Egyptian people for the Egyptian people. It has absolutely nothing at all to do with America and everything to do with the recent events in Tunisia combined with 30-years of stagnation under Mubarak. 

So you say that the US played a part in the appointment of a groomed Sulieman yet did not directly or indirectly influence the uprising. 
grin.gif

Anyone that thinks this revolution is U.S. backed is extremely ignorant and needs to educate himself on Middle Eastern geopolitics. Mubarak has long been supported by the U.S. and Israel for the stability he has brought to the region.
No one has refuted this. It has been brought up over and over in this thread. Have none of you ever been screwed over by a friend? 
laugh.gif
Things change. Feelings get hurt. People move on and find someone new. It was time for a political change, word to the '08 incantation. Sadly, the people will still take the L since the socio-economic system will remain undisturbed. I only wish that maybe the people actually try to go through with this until the end like in Tunisia and refuse to give into any appeasement by the govt during this period and actually attempt to induce real change instead of just looting. 
ohwell.gif

So you say that the US played a part in the appointment of a groomed Sulieman yet did not directly or indirectly influence the uprising. 
grin.gif

Where is the correlation between the CAUSES of this revolt (inspiration from Tunisia, 30 years of rule, rapidly declining quality of living) and the APPOINTMENT of a new Egyptian VP?

What American/Israeli interests would it serve to overthrow Mubarak?

Mubarak has not done anything at all for the U.S. to turn on him and he's long been labeled as Israeli's best ally. Neither wanted to see him go but Suleiman's appointment means that very likely will change in terms of Egyptian foreign policy.

Good post, Tevez.

Obviously, the U.S. and Israel have an interest in this situation; they want someone who won't upset the status quo, whether it be Mubarak or someone else.  So I wouldn't doubt that U.S. and Israeli interests are trying to influence the outcome of this revolution. 

Yo seriously how can a leaderless revolt be planned? Do you guys really believe what you are saying. 
The reason I mention my Egyptian citizenship is to show you guys that this is not a overnight thing like you guys think. Just because you live outside of Egypt and you do not/ have not interacted with Egyptians daily you have no idea how long this has been coming. That wikileaks document shows some dude who went to the states to attend some convention in 2006 or 08. Do you know how long people have felt this way?

Mubarak had attempts on his life since 95. If it could have been done then, they would have done it. The difference is the generation who started this revolution, and the manner in which it was done. Yo we revolutionized the revolution homie, dont worry about what we do. The problem is all of you have your best interest of YOUR nation, that you belittle the efforts of the people in Egypt to simply say it was all staged over the past 3 years. 

The thing is the Egyptian population does not give a , about all ya'll. Straight up the people themselves don't care for all that aid from the States, we don't approve of friendly relations with the states or Israel any ways. Its the head figure who has been supporting and being a lil b to the States. As real as it sounds and I am not being offensive but the stance of the States on almost everything political do no reflect 10% of the Egyptian mentality. 

laugh.gif

It clearly does.

Yeah, the Egyptian people have been calling for human rights for years as well. With the events in Tunisia as well as the obviously rigged past elections, the flood gates were opened. 

I can't understand why someone who hates the American government so much is trying to attribute such a monumental change in a totalitarian country to them. It's mind boggling.

Have you ever heard of Woodrow Wilson's and his 14 Point speech? Don't you understand that Presidents of this country have an obsession with Imperialism and "spreading Democracy" in the image of our own? The goal of our heavily Imperial-Military Industrial Complex influenced foreign policy is to conquer from within and spreading our influence. This has been done in Iran, Iraq, and Afghanistan.

Originally Posted by H TOWN HUSTLER

Ya'll crazy, this might be the start of World War 3.

Been saying this.
Something could spark WWIII at any moment.....

...and it's GOING to happen in our life times. 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Originally Posted by H TOWN HUSTLER

Ya'll crazy, this might be the start of World War 3.

Been saying this.
Something could spark WWIII at any moment.....

...and it's GOING to happen in our life times. 
tired.gif
Naa not this.

oldie but goodie:
Mubarak warns U.S. officials against military attack on Iran
Compiled by Beirut Daily Star staff
Thursday, March 02, 2006

Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak said he had advised the United States against attacking Iran, predicting that Tehran would react through its influence over Shiite communities in Arab countries in the Gulf. In remarks to Egyptian newspaper editors published on Wednesday, Mubarak also said an Israeli attack on Iran was unlikely because Tehran would respond by launching ballistic missiles at the Jewish state. The U.S. has declined to rule out military force against Iran.

Mubarak, speaking on his way back from the Gulf, said he discussed the consequences of a U.S. attack on Iran with U.S. Vice President **** Cheney, who visited Egypt in January.

"I said to him word for word: 'Listen to my advice for once.,'" Mubarak said, speaking the phrase in English. "You have vital interests in the Gulf region, especially oil."

"If an air strike [against Iran] took place, Iraq will turn into terrorist groups more than it is already ... The Gulf area has Shiite majorities in many states and America is linked to vital interests in this area and has naval facilities," Mubarak said.

The remarks were published in the state-owned daily Al-Gomhuriyya on Wednesday.
"Iran spends generously on the Shia in every country and these people are prepared to do anything if Iran is hit."

Mubarak also met with Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi on a brief stop in Libya late Tuesday, Al-Gomhuriyya said.

The pair discussed the situation in sudan's Darfur region and "the importance of working to solve the problem within the framework of the African Union and away from foreign interventions," said Egyptian ambassador to Libya, Mohammad Tahtawi.

Gadhafi and Mubarak also discussed the pressure on the Palestinian Authority and "the necessity of supporting the Palestinian people in the coming period," Tahtawi added.

Mubarak and Gadhafi talked about the Iranian nuclear portfolio, agreeing that the Middle East should be free of weapons of mass destruction, the ambassador added.

Al-Gomhuriyya also quoted Mubarak as saying that Egypt had won over U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice to its views on democracy in the Arab world and quoted her as saying it would take a generation for democracy to take hold.
"She was convinced by the way that political reform and the implementation of democracy is being done in Egypt ... She said that democracy in the Arab countries needed a generation," the newspaper quoted him as saying.
nerd.gif

The article just states what Mubarak said was that attacking Iran will make people in the Middle East become even more pissed off at the U.S.  Mubarak knows that the U.S. needs oil from the Middle East, but invading Iran is not the best way to acquire said oil.  Did you even read the article?  

Back
Top Bottom