Egypt REVOLUTION! Military Coup = Succuessful. U.S. paid military now in power.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by OnTheNephs

Originally Posted by Screech

Once we start seeing these types of protest in Saudi Arabia consider it over for the United States and its influence in the Middle East. Iran will have an easy job picking up the pieces and influencing the rest of the region regardless of sect.
Wow. This is the problem with the American mentality, check how self centered you are. Its all good homie, people like you will live in fear their whole life.

Wait what?
Man there are people in Egypt that can't eat due to sever shortage of foods to the point that they get killed waiting in lines for bread from the bakery. The youth can not get married because the government has absolutely no jobs available for them. They are struggling to survive, the middle class has basically been erased from society. It goes higher up to the straight lower class. People are struggling to voice their opinion. For 30 years everytime i visit Egypt the people in the street are scared to bring up the governments name or regime in fear that they will get arrested. 30 Years the country has had one dam president no change no advancement no movement. The country has been at a stand still... Now this dude right here all he can see is that we are going to team up wit Iran? come on get over yourself and America. Not everything is out to get you guys.

its about time, I lived in egypt for 5 years before moving to u.s.
we know this day would come. More than 30 years in power for muhbarack wow.
Time for him to step down he really haven't done enough for the people as of late.
The corruption and bad econony was the final straw.

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

man i was just about to ask this.
rashi: do you think there is any connection to US intelligence �in this wave of uprisings?�

im asking b/c....

the U.S. supporting the protesters make no sense to me when the U.S. has a already has Mubarak in their pockets.

watch some real journalism here from al-jazeera
you're absolutely right that he was already a proxy of US interests and it didn't make sense to me initially as well. But the Tunisian president, you can say, was hobnobbing with the US for a long period of time simply due to the fact that he was in power for such a�drawn-out�period and that there was no indignation or�inquisitiveness�with regards to its democratic processes from the side of the US. This is why I am trying to mulling over the true motive. After all, from a financial point of view, instability�is far more profitable to some parties. And also....
Spoiler [+]
ordo-ab-chao-double-eagle.jpg

I think this is a result not only our intelligence, but our government as a whole losing their influence in the Middle East which is
pimp.gif

These kids want jobs and make money, the Welfare State in Egypt is one of the worst.

I agree with what someone pointed out earlier that our own financial vulnerability is playing a part in these uprisings. These Arab countries have like 70% of their populations under the age of 25, how could you possibly have 80 year old rulers? These kids are on the internet and see a whole different world. I'm hoping to see this in Iran, Gaza, Syria, Yemen, and I'm hoping the people in Israel wake up and throw out the Zionists.

People in these countries aren't stupid, they know their tyrannical government is being supported by our government. Then people wonder why Muslims are so militant and hostile towards the government in this country.

I pray for these people. They are protesting peacefully and are unarmed, but these thugs are firing and beating on these people.

Take a look America. This is how you do it.

[h1]
[h1]Police members remove suits and join protests[/h1][h2]Egypt police struggle to crush anti-regime protests

[/h2]
Thousands of protesters gathered across Cairo and other cities on Friday including the eastern Egyptian hotspot of Suez and the Nile Delta cities of Mansoura and Sharqiya, calling for an end to "corruption" and "dictatorship," Al Arabiya TV reported.

Protesters gathered near the presidential palace in Nasr City, outside of Cairo’s city center, according to Al Arabiya TV.

Police fired rubber bullets at thousands of protesters who had gathered outside the prominent al-Azhar mosque in central Cairo after Friday prayers, a Reuters witness said.

A number of police members removed their suits and joined protests against the regime, according to Al Arabiya.

The crowd threw stones at police lines and shouted slogans against President Hosni Mubarak, 82, and his son, Gamal, 47, who many Egyptian believe is being groomed for future office.

"The people want the regime to fall," they shouted, alongside "No to succession". They also cried "Down, Down, Hosni Mubarak."

Nobel Peace Laureate Mohamed ElBaradei, who has called for the Egyptian president to quit, joined a peaceful march in Cairo after demonstrators near him clashed with police earlier in the day, witnesses said.

An Arabic television channel earlier said ElBaradei had been penned in by police where he had taken part in Friday prayers at a mosque. The protesters around him had thrown stones at police after they were sprayed with water.

"It's peaceful, it's peaceful," some chanted in the later, calm protest. Some protesters shook hands with police.

[h4]"Down, Down Hosni Muabark"[/h4]

quote_start.gif
 The people want the end of the regime 
quote_end.gif

Protesters

Police were firing teargas in Mansoura, the witness from the the movement said.

Protesters shouted "Down, Down, Hosni Mubarak" and stamped on posters of the president after Friday prayers, witnesses said.

Vodafone group said all mobile operators in Egypt had been instructed to suspend services in selected areas, in what activists said was an effort to stop anti-Mubarak demonstrators from communicating and organising.

ElBaradei earlier had joined prayers involving about 2,000 people.

"The people want the end of the regime," they started shouting once prayers were complete.

"Leave, leave, Mubarak, Mubarak, the plane awaits you," they chanted in the protests, which were inspired by a revolt in Tunisia.

The Tunisian president of 23 years, Zine al-Abidine Ben Ali, was forced to flee to Saudi Arabia on Jan. 14 after a month of protests.

[h4]Nationwide protests[/h4]

quote_start.gif
 God knows what will happen today. After Tunisia anything is possible 
quote_end.gif

A taxi driver

Egyptians have staged mass protests since Tuesday and hundreds have been arrested.

Members of the Muslim Brotherhood, including at least eight senior officials of the opposition group and its main spokesmen, were rounded up overnight. A security source said authorities had ordered a crackdown on the group.

Young protesters want an end to Mubarak's authoritarian rule that has used heavy-handed security to crush dissenters who complain about unemployment, inflation and corruption which have created a huge gap between rich and poor.

The same complaints about corruption and poverty can be heard across the region and have prompted protests in countries like Algeria and Yemen.

"Inflation has exhausted people. Prices of food, fuel, electricity, sugar are rising ... The rich get richer and the poor poorer," said a taxi driver, declining to be named.

"God knows what will happen today. After Tunisia anything is possible."

The Internet via Egyptian servers was blocked across the country shortly after midnight, closing a key tool for activists relying on social media networks.

Mobile phone and text messaging services also appeared to be disabled or working sporadically.

Facebook has been the main vehicle for announcing Friday's protest and identifying locations for demonstrations.

The government has accused the Muslim Brotherhood of planning to exploit the youth protests for its "hidden agendas". The Brotherhood says it is being used as a scapegoat.

pimp.gif
[/h1]

Al Jazeera English has kept me up all night with their truly fantastic coverage of events over the last 5+ hours. It is downright deplorable that I can only get access to the channel via internet.

I hope the people of Egypt don't give up. The Muslim world could look at Egypt as an example.

I do not want to see what happened in Iran to happen in Egypt.

Joe Biden says Egypt's Mubarak no dictator, he shouldn't step down...

laugh.gif
He's only saying this because he knows that if Mubarak is gone, then there's no other alternative than the Muslim Brotherhood.
laugh.gif
@ the hypocrisy. When they did this in Iran against Ahmedinajad, then it was some noble revolution where people rose up.. Not now though. Constantly promoting "democracy" and %!%%, but when the people of Palestine democratically elected Hamas, what was their reward? Being shut off from the rest of the world and left to starve.

Once we start seeing these types of protest in Saudi Arabia consider it over for the United States and its influence in the Middle East. Iran will have an easy job picking up the pieces and influencing the rest of the region regardless of sect.
Wow. This is the problem with the American mentality, check how self centered you are. Its all good homie, people like you will live in fear their whole life.

Wait what?
Man there are people in Egypt that can't eat due to sever shortage of foods to the point that they get killed waiting in lines for bread from the bakery. The youth can not get married because the government has absolutely no jobs available for them. They are struggling to survive, the middle class has basically been erased from society. It goes higher up to the straight lower class. People are struggling to voice their opinion. For 30 years everytime i visit Egypt the people in the street are scared to bring up the governments name or regime in fear that they will get arrested. 30 Years the country has had one dam president no change no advancement no movement. The country has been at a stand still... Now this dude right here all he can see is that we are going to team up wit Iran? come on get over yourself and America. Not everything is out to get you guys.

I know so little about the situation over there. Thanks for breaking that down.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

but when the people of Palestine democratically elected Hamas, what was their reward? Being shut off from the rest of the world and left to starve.

i mean, we dont $%!! with Hamas, so if you do, even though democratic, not too many people are gonna $%!! with you....

i dont see the problem there.

What ?
indifferent.gif

Islam is a religion that tends to have more libertarian views towards government, at least toward secular rulers. Some Islamic scholars have said that killing or exiling an unjust ruler is not just a right but a duty. I prefer view that over the Western notion of "render unto Caesar."

I am sure that some of the protesters are Islamists but even among Islamists, terrorists and other anti Western zealots are not the norm. For many people in these oppressive Arab States, Islamist ideas are the only alternative to autocracy that they can voice in public, without significant fear of retaliation.

The US and other Western government should take what is happening to make a diplomatic policy that is better suited for the Islamic World. The West deals with Islamic Nation States in a state centric way but it would be more prudent to remember that the Nation State was foisted onto Arabs and other Muslims in the last hundred years and in Islamiya, many yearn for a Caliphate an in the meanwhile establish or hope to establish an emirate in their region. We should start to talk those forces and not just talk to the ruling King or President for Life in these countries.

Wait what?

Dude what are you babbling about
laugh.gif
..  All i said was that Iran will be the next influential power once Saudi Arabia completely collapses if these types of protest occur there. Also once Iran is established as the super power of the middle east we will see development and advancement and a possible compromise with Israel. A united arab world is a positive arab world in development.

Originally Posted by Rexanglorum

Islam is a religion that tends to have more libertarian views towards government, at least toward secular rulers. Some Islamic scholars have said that killing or exiling an unjust ruler is not just a right but a duty. I prefer view that over the Western notion of "render unto Caesar."

I am sure that some of the protesters are Islamists but even among Islamists, terrorists and other anti Western zealots are not the norm. For many people in these oppressive Arab States, Islamist ideas are the only alternative to autocracy that they can voice in public, without significant fear of retaliation.

The US and other Western government should take what is happening to make a diplomatic policy that is better suited for the Islamic World. The West deals with Islamic Nation States in a state centric way but it would be more prudent to remember that the Nation State was foisted onto Arabs and other Muslims in the last hundred years and in Islamiya, many yearn for a Caliphate an in the meanwhile establish or hope to establish an emirate in their region. We should start to talk those forces and not just talk to the ruling King or President for Life in these countries.
To late for that, The west has already exposed itself as a sheep in wolfs skin too not only Arab countries but also too other "developing" non arab, islamic countries.

Originally Posted by Dame Theory

Man the U.S. Intelligence is incredible how they manage to plant seeds in people's heads
eek.gif

It's the same way our government treats Blacks in this country. Keep them oppressed, towards the bottom, and then socially engineer them to acting the was they way they see fit. Why do you think they continue to imperialize and install puppet governments?

Man the U.S. Intelligence is incredible how they manage to plant seeds in people's heads
eek.gif
I don't believe there is U.S support in these protest, too much to lose "Israel"

Man... did ya'll peep how the RUSSIAN network had a COMPLETELY different perspective on the US backing the protests?

nerd.gif

Man... did ya'll peep how the RUSSIAN network had a COMPLETELY different perspective on the US backing the protests?

nerd.gif

That dudes confused
tired.gif

Not much, if anything, will change.

In a city like Cairo which has ~25million in it alone, a hell of a lot more than ~20k are gonna need to hit the streets. Egypt's problems run far too deep for them to be solved even by decapitating the top leadership. Isreali and US interests simply won't let it happen, unless we see a far more radical Hezbollah-esque Islamic takeover of government; which is for the time being, unlikely. Lacking a strong unified Sunni presence, I'd say biting the bullet and getting Iranian support for this would be better than nothing. 

Originally Posted by Rexanglorum

The Muslim Brotherhood (biggest opposition to Mubarak's government) are not leading this revolt, they are just jumping on the bandwagon. Mubarak's government is just using them as a scapegoat. This is way different than the Iranian Revolution of 1979 which was spearheaded by the Islamists.

I am reading some comments that some are worried that the Muslim Brotherhood will take over. Not sure. If Mubarak is ousted, I hope for a democratic fair and just elections.

[Updated 5:31 p.m. (0031 in Egypt)] Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak says he has asked the government to resign, and that he will appoint a new government Saturday. He gave no indication that he would step down or leave the country.
this guy 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom