Eating habits/rituals, weird?

THat is fine. Salute to you for doing that.

But the question was, "Is it disrespectful..........."

So would you consider everyone else that didn't humor her food DISRESPECTFUL?

No of course not.

But what does everyone else have to do with me.

Do what you do.

We are having a legit discussion. Why resort to that if I am asking you a question about your OPINION?

I know how EYE feel about it that is why I am asking you

You want my opinion?

Unless it has pork (or balut :lol:) im willing to try it. I always put a little bit, that way if i dont like it im not wasting a lot of food. If i do like it ill go back and get more

You want my opinion?

Unless it has pork (or balut :lol:) im willing to try it. I always put a little bit, that way if i dont like it im not wasting a lot of food. If i do like it ill go back and get more
Everyone isn't "willing to try" new things though. That doesn't make them not trying the food DISRESPECTFUL.

If they think something isn't visually appealing, they probably won't eat it.

Again, why can't THAT be it instead of the undeserving label?

Everyone isn't "willing to try" new things though. That doesn't make them not trying the food DISRESPECTFUL.

If they think something isn't visually appealing, they probably won't eat it.

Again, why can't THAT be it instead of the undeserving label?

We talking about a potluck right?

Sharing food from different places.

Why wouldnt you wanna try something different? Something you dont have every day

So which excuses are "allowed" when declining someone offering you food without it being disrespectful?

Allergies, sure. That works.

What if the food doesn't look good to me. Should I take it anyway? Out of Respect?

What if I am not THAT hungry and the space that I have in my stomach will go to other dishes. Is that allowed?

That's a real good question, DC. When it comes to food, and this may sound shallow, but I don't really consider the other person's feelings when they offer. I really only think about my stomach.

Accepted an invite to a neighbor's house a few years back for an early Thanksgiving dinner. Knew she was a bad cook, but still went. Made sure to eat well before I went over, and just stuck to the mac n' cheese and stuffing (which my girl made.) Turned down EVERYTHING else, and didn't really care. Turkey looked like Jay Cutler with no hair and had about as much seasoning as a communion wafer. Don't even get me started on the bean casserole, which the greens looked like they were doing the backstroke like phelps b/c it was so watery. Dessert was good...someone brought a whole godiva cheesecake from CF LOL.

Why wouldnt you wanna try something different? Something you dont have every day

If I know you or know you have a good reputation for being a good cook, I got zero issue eating or trying your food. If I don't know you, or if you seem like you're not the most hygienic/clean person, that's an ez pass....

Again, just because there is new stuff there doesn't mean I have to try it. I am not understanding this idea that I am OBLIGATED to eat the food simply because it is there and someone is "sharing" it with me (and others).

I really don't understand that logic.

I can decide not to eat anything for WHATEVER reason I chose. Again, why can't THAT be the end of it? Why does it need to be disrespectful?

That's a real good question, DC. When it comes to food, and this may sound shallow, but I don't really consider the other person's feelings when they offer. I really only think about my stomach.

Accepted an invite to a neighbor's house a few years back for an early Thanksgiving dinner. Knew she was a bad cook, but still went. Made sure to eat well before I went over, and just stuck to the mac n' cheese and stuffing (which my girl made.) Turned down EVERYTHING else, and didn't really care. Turkey looked like Jay Cutler with no hair and had about as much seasoning as a communion wafer. Don't even get me started on the bean casserole, which the greens looked like they were doing the backstroke like phelps b/c it was so watery. Dessert was good...someone brought a whole godiva cheesecake from CF LOL.
:rofl: Got damn. How long did yall stay. Sounds like a horrible experience. Sheesh.

Yea, as I have gotten older, the, "Make sure you eat well before you go" practice always takes place. Never know if I will be pleased with what I see/taste.

Again, just because there is new stuff there doesn't mean I have to try it. I am not understanding this idea that I am OBLIGATED to eat the food simply because it is there and someone is "sharing" it with me (and others).

I really don't understand that logic.

I can decide not to eat anything for WHATEVER reason I chose. Again, why can't THAT be the end of it? Why does it need to be disrespectful?

Bruh isnt fhat the whole concept of a potluck? :lol:

I cant understand why youd even partake in a potluck if you just gonna eat your own dish. Sounds like regular old lunch to me.

We can agree to disagree tho cuz i dunno what to tell you

Bruh isnt fhat the whole concept of a potluck? :lol:

I cant understand why youd even partake in a potluck if you just gonna eat your own dish. Sounds like regular old lunch to me.

We can agree to disagree tho cuz i dunno what to tell you
Eating only your food is EXTREME. I don't even suggest doing that.

I am speaking in terms of eating things that look desirable to you. If someone skips around and passes on things based on how they look, that is well within their right

I honestly think it looks worse if you accept someone's food to be polite and just leave it on your plate w/o really touching it. Whoever made it will notice...probably think about that more than of the person who declines. That's unless you can be slick and dump your plate in the trash before anyone notices. LOL

Looks can be deceiving if you've never tried something dcallamerican

What did you think of a medium rare steak 5 years ago.

If I invited you over for dinner and you had never seen any of the food and it didn't look appealing you wouldn't eat anything lol

Eating only your food is EXTREME. I don't even suggest doing that.

I am speaking in terms of eating things that look desirable to you. If someone skips around and passes on things based on how they look, that is well within their right

See that was what started this whole discussion, homie said he doesnt eat anyone elses dishes only his. Which is why i commented on it.

I can understand and respect not eating a dish or several dishes for whatever reason (allergies, diet, religion, not liking it) but the initial post was about not eating any other dishes

Looks can be deceiving if you've never tried something.

If I invited you over for dinner and you had never seen any of the food and it didn't look appealing you wouldn't eat anything lol

I honestly feel like id like balut if i can get over the look

For instance, Flan.

That **** looks terrible. I pass on it everytime we do a potluck at work.

Also, we sometimes have breakfast parties where there are doughnuts, muffins, bunch of sugary pastries.

I don't really eat that stuff and I damn sure don't eat it at 8 am. So there is always somebody telling me I need to loosen up since I usually just eat the fruit

Looks can be deceiving if you've never tried something dcallamerican

It depends on how it looks.

I am not saying I wouldn't try new things. I was speaking in generals.

But there are some things that I will say, I am good

I honestly think it looks worse if you accept someone's food to be polite and just leave it on your plate w/o really touching it. Whoever made it will notice...probably think about that more than of the person who declines. That's unless you can be slick and dump your plate in the trash before anyone notices. LOL
My approach

I feel you with the sugary stuff, im not huge on it either esp first thing in the morning. We say fruit in the morning is like Gold so id do the same.

You should try flan next time tho, its good. Better than it looks that's for sure

So yo lemme ask yall this...

When i lived down south i was at one point renting a basement from a family. They refused to eat leftovers, which i founs absolutely strange. I asked them why they said they have to have a fresh meal.

Mind boggling to me, but i didnt complain cuz i was getting free meals off these leftovers.

Now that i have encountered people that look down upon leftovers, whats yalls opinion on it?

I don't believe in wasting food.

If you don't do leftovers, you are just a wasteful human.

All these hungry folks out here?

I don't believe in wasting food.

If you don't do leftovers, you are just a wasteful human.

All these hungry folks out here?

For real. I was thinking these people really think they royalty or something bout fresh meal everyday.

Was good for me tho. Saved a ton on groceries.

It depends on how it looks.

I am not saying I wouldn't try new things. I was speaking in generals.

But there are some things that I will say, I am good

Again looks can be deceiving.

Oysters for example LOOK disgusting but many people enjoy them.

What if I came to your house for da potluck and your mom made 1 dish and I looked at it and said "no thank you I'm good" and proceeded to eat other dishes made by other people. You know got damb well id be getting the side eye the whole time.

But I dunno maybe I'm not the best person for this argument because I'm an adventurous eater.

I understand your view tho

Back
Top Bottom