Eating habits/rituals, weird?

Doesnt this defeat the whole purpose?

Midas whale not have even showed up

Also seems kinda disrespectful.

Unless I really know you, I'm not eating your food. Simple as that. I'll accept the invite to be polite, and I'll have a good time, but I'm eating what I brought.

I have a ritual of skipping ketchup and only using mustard on hot dogs.

Probably the only NTer who does that

Weird I know

I think Ketchup by itself is wack....

BBQ sauce + shredded cheddar cheese ALWAYS on hot dogs.

Shoot....BBQ sauce >

Put it on burgers, rice, anything really

Unless I really know you, I'm not eating your food. Simple as that. I'll accept the invite to be polite, and I'll have a good time, but I'm eating what I brought.

If youre doing it to be polite youd be better off declining the invitation with some BS excuse. I dunno in your culture but in mine if youre invited over for a meal and you decline the food, its akin to a slap in the face. You basically saying this food isnt good enough for you or doesnt meet your standards. I know its like that in a lot of other cultures too.

Midas whale stay home.

If youre doing it to be polite youd be better off declining the invitation with some BS excuse. I dunno in your culture but in mine if youre invited over for a meal and you decline the food, its akin to a slap in the face. You basically saying this food isnt good enough for you or doesnt meet your standards. I know its like that in a lot of other cultures too.

Midas whale stay home.
Potluck

Usually doesn't take place at someone's house.

Job events. Usually

Midas whale stay home.

I'll be declining food like Mutombo contesting shots in the paint, bruh.

I'll be declining food like Mutombo contesting shots in the paint, bruh.

:smh:

Reminds me of the one white kid i brought over for dinner one time in elementary school. Moms was heated told me dont ever bring that lil bastard around again.

Same concept tho

Its a gathering where people share food.

Seems kinda disrespectful

But like you say Jemele

#cultural
It isn't the same thing because your premis was, "If I invite you to my house, it is rude to turn down my food."

Well if it takes place at the OFFICE, that logic is out of the window

It isn't the same thing because your premis was, "If I invite you to my house, it is rude to turn down my food."

Well if it takes place at the OFFICE, that logic is out of the window

Potluck can still take place at a home, YOU mentioned office. Plus man said invited, which made me assume at someones home

#cultural doe

We are too loose with the word disrespectful.

Not eating someone's food that you don't feel is clean is disrespectful?

How so?

We are too loose with the word disrespectful.

Not eating someone's food that you don't feel is clean is disrespectful?

How so?

What would make you feel like their food isnt clean tho?

Back to the example i gave about going to someones house, which dude said hed still decline. If you believe them to be unclean why even attend? Politeness? Come on...

If you cant see how someone sharing/offering food with you at a dinner/potluck and you declining is disrespectful then i dunno what to tell you.

What would make you feel like their food isnt clean tho?

Back to the example i gave about going to someones house, which dude said hed still decline. If you believe them to be unclean why even attend? Politeness? Come on...

If you cant see how someone sharing/offering food with you at a dinner/potluck and you declining is disrespectful then i dunno what to tell you.
Going to someone's house, I can see that.

But if we are talking about a PotLuck at a job, picking and chosing which food items you eat based on who is clean or not, nah. WOuldn't call it disrespectful.

To call it disrespectful means you OWE them the "respect enough" to think they are clean and/or eat their food.

If you don't feel that way, you don't feel that way. Why does it have to be anything more than that?

Going to someone's house, I can see that.

But if we are talking about a PotLuck at a job, picking and chosing which food items you eat based on who is clean or not, nah. WOuldn't call it disrespectful.

To call it disrespectful means you OWE them the "respect enough" to think they are clean and/or eat their food.

If you don't feel that way, you don't feel that way. Why does it have to be anything more than that?

Picking and choosing, i can agree with you there. Could be a number of reasons: allergies, diet, religious, cleanliness, or straight up dont like a certain dish. No arguments if thats the case but the original post was he doesnt eat anyones dishes except his. I mean thats a bit disrespectful dont you think? If thats the case why even partake?

I had a job a long time ago and this lady brought this same dish every time we brought food in for whatever reasons. Some kind of bean casserole or something....and at the end of the day you would see all the empty silver trays and pyrex dishes of food that other people brought in, and then hers ..always hers that was barely touched. Could have been that people tried it in the past and didn't like it...or perhaps she didn't look as "clean" as the rest of us. That made me feel some type of way because you could tell she took alot of pride in what she made.

So I ate it. I always are it.

Everytime she brought it in she would see me and say "I've got casserole :smile:" And I ate it. Was it good...it wasn't terrible. Was she "dirty"? Who am I to judge. To be honest I don't even remember how it tasted or what she dressed like.

What I do remember however, is that some One was generally happy because another person had enjoyed something they had worked honestly and hard to make. And that's a good thing.

I saw her years after still working at the same place. She gave me a hug and we talked. When we were about to part ways she hugged me again and whispered to me

"I know you didn't like my casserole lol"

But that didn't really matter

Sometimes it's bigger than food.

So which excuses are "allowed" when declining someone offering you food without it being disrespectful?

Allergies, sure. That works.

What if the food doesn't look good to me. Should I take it anyway? Out of Respect?

What if I am not THAT hungry and the space that I have in my stomach will go to other dishes. Is that allowed?

I had a job a long time ago and this lady brought this same dish every time we brought food in for whatever reasons. Some kind of bean casserole or something....and at the end of the day you would see all the empty silver trays and pyrex dishes of food that other people brought in, and then hers ..always hers that was barely touched. Could have been that people tried it in the past and didn't like it...or perhaps she didn't look as "clean" as the rest of us. That made me feel some type of way because you could tell she took alot of pride in what she made.

So I ate it. I always are it.

Everytime she brought it in she would see me and say "I've got casserole :smile:" And I ate it. Was it good...it wasn't terrible. Was she "dirty"? Who am I to judge. To be honest I don't even remember how it tasted or what she dresses like.

What I do remember however, is that some One was generally happy because another person had enjoyed something they had worked honestly and hard to make.

I saw her years after still working at the same place. She gave me a hug and we talked. When we were about to part ways she hugged me again and whispered to me

"I know you didn't like my casserole lol"

But that didn't really matter

Sometimes it's bigger than food.
THat is fine. Salute to you for doing that.

But the question was, "Is it disrespectful..........."

So would you consider everyone else that didn't humor her food DISRESPECTFUL?

I was expecting a

"did it matter? Who knows cuz that never really happened"

So which excuses are "allowed" when declining someone offering you food without it being disrespectful?

Allergies, sure. That works.

What if the food doesn't look good to me. Should I take it anyway? Out of Respect?

What if I am not THAT hungry and the space that I have in my stomach will go to other dishes. Is that allowed?

You a big girl Jemele you can figure this out on your own.

You a big girl Jemele you can figure this out on your own.
We are having a legit discussion. Why resort to that if I am asking you a question about your OPINION?

I know how EYE feel about it that is why I am asking you

Back
Top Bottom