Earth has a twin.

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

laugh.gif
@ Some of you. My problem with this article is that people have this weird, arrogant assumption that life HAS to be carbon-based and water-dependent. For all we know there could be a planet out there where the rocks are actually alive. The entire universe doesn't necessarily have to operate on human terms.
This right here.
Of course there are basics scientific properties that are essential for life but I feel the universe to vast to just have the EXACT same properties of life as Earth does. Hell, as the Milky Way does. 

Originally Posted by nom de guerre

rocathajordans23 wrote:

Rexanglorum wrote:

I regret being born in the Late 20th Century. We live in a time where we know enough to know how little we actually know. Assuming that we do not destroy ourselves, people living in the Early 31st Century, will look back on our primitive science and technology, They will wonder why someone like myself practiced macroeconomic by alternating between saying "I cannot know" and using crude mathematical estimates. These future humans will marvel at how we once had to face trade off between narcoeuphoria and abstinence from substances (things like cocaine and heroine will seem archaic in an age where you can have pinpoint control over your brain's internal chemistry).

Most importantly, future humans will marvel at the tragedy of our time, where we know that life most certainly exists but we cannot know for certain and worse yet, we cannot engage in super-luminous travel to find life that is surely littered through out the galaxy and the universe.

Humans have chafted under a period of crude living and ignorance for most of our hundred millenia of existence but only now are we so acutely aware of how little we know and how little we could actually do. 

I think about this all the time! I wish I could just get a quick glance of what will be going on in 30+ centuries. Especially with how fast technology has been advancing it would be absolutely mind blowing to see the knowledge and technology we've gained in the years to come.

Exactly dude life will continue to go on for millions of years but the fact we wont expierience it is sorta depressing.
tired.gif

demolition-man-yo.jpg

After this, I really wanted to be frozen to see what the future will hold.

Originally Posted by nom de guerre

rocathajordans23 wrote:

Rexanglorum wrote:

I regret being born in the Late 20th Century. We live in a time where we know enough to know how little we actually know. Assuming that we do not destroy ourselves, people living in the Early 31st Century, will look back on our primitive science and technology, They will wonder why someone like myself practiced macroeconomic by alternating between saying "I cannot know" and using crude mathematical estimates. These future humans will marvel at how we once had to face trade off between narcoeuphoria and abstinence from substances (things like cocaine and heroine will seem archaic in an age where you can have pinpoint control over your brain's internal chemistry).

Most importantly, future humans will marvel at the tragedy of our time, where we know that life most certainly exists but we cannot know for certain and worse yet, we cannot engage in super-luminous travel to find life that is surely littered through out the galaxy and the universe.

Humans have chafted under a period of crude living and ignorance for most of our hundred millenia of existence but only now are we so acutely aware of how little we know and how little we could actually do. 

I think about this all the time! I wish I could just get a quick glance of what will be going on in 30+ centuries. Especially with how fast technology has been advancing it would be absolutely mind blowing to see the knowledge and technology we've gained in the years to come.

Exactly dude life will continue to go on for millions of years but the fact we wont expierience it is sorta depressing.
tired.gif

demolition-man-yo.jpg

After this, I really wanted to be frozen to see what the future will hold.

What if they are life on the planet and their not as advanced as us? Like middle ages? or worse they have better technology and were in the 'middle' ages to them?

Were like the Flintstones compared to their Jetsons?

What if all the women there are genetically made up to have tig 'o biddies and Dat Masses?

Only God knows...

What if they are life on the planet and their not as advanced as us? Like middle ages? or worse they have better technology and were in the 'middle' ages to them?

Were like the Flintstones compared to their Jetsons?

What if all the women there are genetically made up to have tig 'o biddies and Dat Masses?

Only God knows...

Originally Posted by doyung9

We live in the age of Photoshop.

I don't believe this #*++.
brah you suggesting that we believe that artists impression on the 1st page is the actual thing??

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by doyung9

We live in the age of Photoshop.

I don't believe this #*++.
brah you suggesting that we believe that artists impression on the 1st page is the actual thing??

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

i'm starting to believe we are similar to a computer program ... we get run a bagillion times by "the creator" and each outcome is different depending on the input variables ...

right now on a planet like that one we are all just just living according to that particular set of circumstances ... in one computer program we are given Earth to inhabit, another we are given that planet to inhabit, a shortage of water here, a surplus of food there etc...

when you step back and pause for a moment and truly THINK about what goes on here, you cant but believe in a higher all encompassing "power" ... believe in the big bang all you want (I Do) but someone had to create the things that banged ...

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction ... The Butterfly Effect ... Free Will ... Most of what we learn is based on the fact that we have a choice and that choice creates an outcome ... In this computer program I am getting ready to reply to this thread, in another I may have a different haircut or not be at work or whatever, but my choices still resulted in me responding to this thread ... In another program I never went to the HS I went to my senior year and didnt learn about NT so I'm not reading any of this ...

Deja Vu ...

the_matrix_soundtrack_1999.jpg

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

i'm starting to believe we are similar to a computer program ... we get run a bagillion times by "the creator" and each outcome is different depending on the input variables ...

right now on a planet like that one we are all just just living according to that particular set of circumstances ... in one computer program we are given Earth to inhabit, another we are given that planet to inhabit, a shortage of water here, a surplus of food there etc...

when you step back and pause for a moment and truly THINK about what goes on here, you cant but believe in a higher all encompassing "power" ... believe in the big bang all you want (I Do) but someone had to create the things that banged ...

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction ... The Butterfly Effect ... Free Will ... Most of what we learn is based on the fact that we have a choice and that choice creates an outcome ... In this computer program I am getting ready to reply to this thread, in another I may have a different haircut or not be at work or whatever, but my choices still resulted in me responding to this thread ... In another program I never went to the HS I went to my senior year and didnt learn about NT so I'm not reading any of this ...

Deja Vu ...

the_matrix_soundtrack_1999.jpg

Originally Posted by Rexanglorum

this is what ever generation says
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Rexanglorum

this is what ever generation says
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom