E3 2013 (June 11-13) Let the Next Gen Wars BEGIN

Which Next-Gen console is going to deliver at E3?

• Xbox One (Microsoft)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Playstation 4 (Sony)

• Wii-U (Nintendo)

• Total voters
I don't know. I guess its great that Microsoft listened to the masses. But those articles saying that this was a bad move seem to be more focused on what it could be, not what it would be. I believe Microsoft could of easily just talked about what they were planning on doing or confirm that the points in that article was indeed the direction on going. Rather, theey reversed their stance which not only makes it seem like they lost their nerve, but at the same time that Microsoft was indeed thinking M$ and not really the future per se.

I'm really intrigued by this next gen battle as I believe this will be the generation where I only purchase one console.

I'm posting this here too cause I'm upset with the Internet.

What pisses me off the most is they tried to innovate and everyone threw it back in their faces. Digital is the future folks. The Internet is now and the future. They tried to innovate with both and everyone cried cause they like the way it is. Sounding like grandparents. Ironically everyone on the Internet is complaining about always having to be connected to the Internet. sure there might be a few bumps on the way but that's what happens when your looking into the future and not settling with the boring now. I was initially siding with th PS4 until I realized this. They're settling for the now to please the people now. And everyone looks stupid for being suckered. The PS4 is just a revamped PS3. Th Xbox one was actually something new for a new generation. I was really looking forward to seeing where the Xbox would end up going. I was hoping they would keep the foot down and say told ya so down the road.

And why is everyone complaining about the kinect being required? Do you guys even know why they did that? Again.....to innovate. No one bought the last kinect. I sure as hell didn't. Something like less than 30% of 360 owners had one. As a result developers didn't wanna take the risk of wasting their money by trying to utilize its power. Now this kinect is apparently supposed to be much more powerful. Now that 100% of Xbox owners will have one developers are guaranteed everyone will have one and can now run wild with their imagination and try out new things. I'm sure something cool will come of it. How the hell will we know otherwise. If not o well, I'll happily invest in a company who's making an effort take technology as far as it can go. Cause you know technology is pretty cool.

Amen. It looks like were going to be paying hundreds just to have a couple new exclusives and prettier graphics, and this is the case for both Xbox One and Ps4 now.

I feel like i will be upgrading from an iPhone 4 to an iPhone 5. A couple new features, shinier display, but essentially the same sh*t.

Quote:

What pisses me off the most is they tried to innovate and everyone threw it back in their faces. Digital is the future folks. The Internet is now and the future. They tried to innovate with both and everyone cried cause they like the way it is. Sounding like grandparents. Ironically everyone on the Internet is complaining about always having to be connected to the Internet. sure there might be a few bumps on the way but that's what happens when your looking into the future and not settling with the boring now. I was initially siding with th PS4 until I realized this. They're settling for the now to please the people now. And everyone looks stupid for being suckered. The PS4 is just a revamped PS3. Th Xbox one was actually something new for a new generation. I was really looking forward to seeing where the Xbox would end up going. I was hoping they would keep the foot down and say told ya so down the road.

And why is everyone complaining about the kinect being required? Do you guys even know why they did that? Again.....to innovate. No one bought the last kinect. I sure as hell didn't. Something like less than 30% of 360 owners had one. As a result developers didn't wanna take the risk of wasting their money by trying to utilize its power. Now this kinect is apparently supposed to be much more powerful. Now that 100% of Xbox owners will have one developers are guaranteed everyone will have one and can now run wild with their imagination and try out new things. I'm sure something cool will come of it. How the hell will we know otherwise. If not o well, I'll happily invest in a company who's making an effort take technology as far as it can go. Cause you know technology is pretty cool.
What exactly is this innovation that you claim xbox was going to bring?

ps3 supposedly already has game sharing.

It doesn't matter if digital or internet is the future.

m$ tried to ram online check ins and drm down ppl's throats.

Most people weren't having it, which is why m$ dropped it.

Kinect currently is an add-on. Making a console that "requires" kinect isn't innovation.

Kinect in it of itself is innovation, but making a console that requires kinect is not.

That's just a slick way of selling kinects because m$ knows that it won't sell as well if it's a stand alone product.

This generation's kinect has been a gimmick and I can only assume that the next gen kinect will also be a gimmick.

Kinect shouldn't be required because it still has yet to prove why it should be in everyone's living rooms.

Oh, I can turn on my xbox with my voice.

Don't I still need a controller to play the game(actual games not gimmick kinnect games)?

Gimmick galore.

Last edited:
Quote:

Kinect currently is an add-on. Making a console that "requires" kinect isn't innovation.
Kinect in it of itself is innovation, but making a console that requires kinect is not.
That's just a slick way of selling kinects because m$ knows that it won't sell as well if it's a stand alone product.
This generation's kinect has been a gimmick and I can only assume that the next gen kinect will also be a gimmick.
Kinect shouldn't be required because it still has yet to prove why it should be in everyone's living rooms.

Don't I still need a controller to play the game(actual games not gimmick kinnect games)?
Gimmick galore.

They were using the Internet to push the limits such as the cloud. It's way too early to know what's all possible or what would become possible with always being connected to the Internet. Obviously though if they trying to use the Internet to push the limits they're going to have to monitor those trying to finds loop holes and piracy...by performing Internet check ins. Making it an Internet box opens up possibilities...cause its the Internet. Something that's never been done before, something new in a new generation, something innovative. I would hope many would understand what is possible with the Internet. Instead no one even gave it a chance and that's sad. I wanted something new dammit. I wanted something that would open up possibilities as time went on. Something new the next year, and the next year, and the next. That's what intrigued me the most. What was gonna happen next. The Xbox one was giving us that possibility.

Everyone saw the kinect as a gimmick. I get it, it comes off us them trying to make more money. But why can't they make money and bring something cool to the table at the same time? I think they're trying to prove its not just a gimmick by forcing you to have it. To prove it has more capabilties than telling your xbox on. because so many people think thats all it is. Like I said now that its required its opened the box for developers to be creative and work with it. They didn't wanna waste time and take the risk of losing money cause no one has the kinect for the 360. For example, I read that on the new dead rising with the kinect on, if you make any loud noises while playing the game in your room the zombies in the game will hear it and be alerted. Whether or not you like that particular feature, its cool, its never been done before, it shows creativity, it makes for a more immersive gaming experience, but most importantly it leaves you wondering what could happen next.

Only problem I had with the xbone was the used games. I like buying digital games too. I went thru 3 360 hdd's. I still plan on buying both when Halo drops. When does Titanfall drop for PS4? Cause its sounding like a timed exclusive game.

Quote:

Gimmick galore.
when I personally say innovation, I mean allowing others to have a platform. Look at Watchdogs and Forza. both use the cloud and the internet to have seamless integration. Like in Forza, AI is taken to a whole nother level with Drivatars.And what if shooters adapt a system like drivatar. That would change how enemy AI works altogether if they could learn movements of players.

And Watchdogs has other players effortlessly coming into ones game and interacting with them, without breaking the experience. Like your on a mission and another player unbeknownst to you is tailing you for his mission. That in itself is changing how games are played, and part of the reason is having internet connection and the cloud working.

Now I get it, gamers dont want that, because they dont know any better. But its like saying, I wanna keep CD's and not even give mp3's a chance

Last edited:
Man our kids will be playing their Xbox Told Ya So with their 100 game digital library and our generation gonna be like what's up with you whipper snappers and your 100 games being built into thin air. It's all about the hard disc mannnnn. **** DISC WON'T READ GOD DAMMIT.

They would really alienate a large portion of console gamers that have capped internet, unstable internet or no internet. They flat out told troops overseas to buy a 360. You have to have offline playability. I'm a PC gamer myself and even PC games have offline playability. Requiring always online is ridiculous. That's a dumb policy

Man our kids will be playing their Xbox Told Ya So with their 100 game digital library and our generation gonna be like what's up with you whipper snappers and your 100 games being built into thin air. It's all about the hard disc mannnnn. **** DISC WON'T READ GOD DAMMIT.

Just wanted to point out if you a PC gamer, your library would be well over 100 games. I know mine is.

They would really alienate a large portion of console gamers that have capped internet, unstable internet or no internet. They flat out told troops overseas to buy a 360. You have to have offline playability. I'm a PC gamer myself and even PC games have offline playability. Requiring always online is ridiculous. That's a dumb policy

and thats okay. The main issue was how they presented it, not as much as the policies. They couldve presented it in a much better way that played up the upsides of always online. Also, you may not have reliable internet now, but its also 2013. How much longer will that really be an issue?

So Xbox one will be able to trade and buy used games just like 360?! **** makes me reconsider my ps4 pre order since I have a 360 already, ****

watchdogs harnesses "the cloud" ???

what exactly are these cloud features being spoken of that arent possible on ps3 and 360?

Last edited:
watchdogs harnesses "the cloud" ???

what exactly are these cloud features you speak of that arent possible on ps3 and 360?

your gonna have to go watch the rev3 interview they did with the game. Its mainly their multiplayer stuff I think.

It's not that they arent possible, its that they require you to be connected online. So games that are being developed with the always on in mind would have features that suffer. Sorta like Titanfall.

Last edited:
you mean like the way people can connect online every time they turn on their ps3s and 360s?

Im talking about always being online as opposed to having consoles that dont. By switching from their initial plans, and making the XB1 be able to be used offline, features will be hurt. And especially for the XB1 that isnt the strongest machine, it cant do alot of the things it could without cloud computing

iAnjSI4iSFtIy.gif

Im talking about always being online as opposed to having consoles that dont. By switching from their initial plans, and making the XB1 be able to be used offline, features will be hurt. And especially for the XB1 that isnt the strongest machine, it cant do alot of the things it could without cloud computing
x1 was only "always online" a LONG time ago... 24 hour checks in are not always online

i think youre over thinking these "cloud" features that microsoft wants you to think are somehow made better with x1

Once the original developers stop working on a franchise they solely created, it ends. It doesn't matter if they make a Halo 10, they will never be real Halo games, just imitations. Even if a another developer makes a extremely good Halo game it still won't cut it; it's just their vision of what they THINK Halo should be and where it should go.

Halo 1, 2, 3 and Reach are the only Halo games, everything after that is fan fiction.

Sorry brah but that makes no ******g sense, none. Teams change, leads change, Creative Directors change.

The team that made CE =/= Reach

I gotta disagree once the game leaves its original studio it is basically screwed/dead

Honestly halo 2 was the best but three was great and reach was aight, but once i played four i was like wtf starting to become like COD with rhose ordanence packs or whatver their called

thats not exactly true that a sequel is screwed... at least for single player

multiplayer is another story though... little intricate details which affect the balance and fun of competitive gaming that are difficult to just copy

They were using the Internet to push the limits such as the cloud. It's way too early to know what's all possible or what would become possible with always being connected to the Internet. Obviously though if they trying to use the Internet to push the limits they're going to have to monitor those trying to finds loop holes and piracy...by performing Internet check ins. Making it an Internet box opens up possibilities...cause its the Internet. Something that's never been done before, something new in a new generation, something innovative. I would hope many would understand what is possible with the Internet. Instead no one even gave it a chance and that's sad. I wanted something new dammit. I wanted something that would open up possibilities as time went on. Something new the next year, and the next year, and the next. That's what intrigued me the most. What was gonna happen next. The Xbox one was giving us that possibility.

Everyone saw the kinect as a gimmick. I get it, it comes off us them trying to make more money. But why can't they make money and bring something cool to the table at the same time? I think they're trying to prove its not just a gimmick by forcing you to have it. To prove it has more capabilties than telling your xbox on. because so many people think thats all it is. Like I said now that its required its opened the box for developers to be creative and work with it. They didn't wanna waste time and take the risk of losing money cause no one has the kinect for the 360. For example, I read that on the new dead rising with the kinect on, if you make any loud noises while playing the game in your room the zombies in the game will hear it and be alerted. Whether or not you like that particular feature, its cool, its never been done before, it shows creativity, it makes for a more immersive gaming experience, but most importantly it leaves you wondering what could happen next.
You didn't have to be always connected to the internet.

Devs can use the cloud on the ps4, but players don't have to check in.

Why isn't this also the same for the xb1? Besides piracy reasons?

How were they making it an internet box? Can you explain to me what you mean by internet box and why that's innovative?

They can make money and bring something cool to the table by having kinect as a stand alone product like it originally was.

People shouldn't be forced to buy a kinect. That's the bottom line.

Kinect has had almost 3 years to prove that it's not a gimmick. Kinect has failed to prove otherwise.

I highly doubt that having kinects in the xb1 bundle is to prove that it's not a gimmick.

The fact that no game that's of the same caliber as any 3rd party game has been released for kinect is telling of what the kinect is.

Which is that, it's a gimmick.

The kinect should ENHANCE gameplay, it should not be REQUIRED.

If devs want to use to kinect to enhance gameplay, more power to them.

If devs want to make their games require kinect in some way, less power to them.

I like the kinect for what it is, a gimmick.

I don't like the kinect for what it's trying to be, a controller.

Last edited:
when I personally say innovation, I mean allowing others to have a platform. Look at Watchdogs and Forza. both use the cloud and the internet to have seamless integration. Like in Forza, AI is taken to a whole nother level with Drivatars.And what if shooters adapt a system like drivatar. That would change how enemy AI works altogether if they could learn movements of players.

And Watchdogs has other players effortlessly coming into ones game and interacting with them, without breaking the experience. Like your on a mission and another player unbeknownst to you is tailing you for his mission. That in itself is changing how games are played, and part of the reason is having internet connection and the cloud working.

Now I get it, gamers dont want that, because they dont know any better. But its like saying, I wanna keep CD's and not even give mp3's a chance
I'm not against the cloud. All the things you illustrated are cool with me. I'm against online check ins that brick your console.

Only problem I had with the xbone was the used games. I like buying digital games too. I went thru 3 360 hdd's. I still plan on buying both when Halo drops. When does Titanfall drop for PS4? Cause its sounding like a timed exclusive game.
I'd guessestimate a year after it releases on the xb1.

Stop being ridiculous.

Features won't be hurt. If you go online you get the features, if you don't go online you don't get them. That's how it's been for years.

Watch Dogs multiplayer will be the same on all platforms (Don't know about Wii-U). You don't hear them talk about the XBOne having the definitive version because of "The Cloud".

Need for Speed Rivals has a similar as well in the way it integrates multiplayer with Single player and it's like that on all platforms.

can anyone tell me the latest on these consoles? did xbox one really remove drm?

what else did they do?

did they remove that kinect and charge 399 yet?

also what was the difference between the day one ps4 and the standard version that was up for pre order on amazon?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom