E3 2013 (June 11-13) Let the Next Gen Wars BEGIN

Which Next-Gen console is going to deliver at E3?

• Xbox One (Microsoft)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Playstation 4 (Sony)

• Wii-U (Nintendo)

• Total voters
can anyone tell me the latest on these consoles? did xbox one really remove drm?

what else did they do?

did they remove that kinect and charge 399 yet?

also what was the difference between the day one ps4 and the standard version that was up for pre order on amazon?

No more always online requirement
The console no longer has to check in every 24 hours
All game discs will work on Xbox One as they do on Xbox 360
An Internet connection is only required when initially setting up the console
All downloaded games will function the same when online or offline
No additional restrictions on trading games or loaning discs
Region locks have been dropped
they removed the family sharing plan with ten people,no sharing downloaded disks or DLC

The DRM features that were removed might return later in a update

No, kinect is still bundled

Day one you receive your console on launch. standard you are not promised a console on launch day.

Now the choice becomes difficult again
You ain't lying 
mean.gif

I'm posting this here too cause I'm upset with the Internet.

What pisses me off the most is they tried to innovate and everyone threw it back in their faces. Digital is the future folks. The Internet is now and the future. They tried to innovate with both and everyone cried cause they like the way it is. Sounding like grandparents. Ironically everyone on the Internet is complaining about always having to be connected to the Internet. sure there might be a few bumps on the way but that's what happens when your looking into the future and not settling with the boring now. I was initially siding with th PS4 until I realized this. They're settling for the now to please the people now. And everyone looks stupid for being suckered. The PS4 is just a revamped PS3. Th Xbox one was actually something new for a new generation. I was really looking forward to seeing where the Xbox would end up going. I was hoping they would keep the foot down and say told ya so down the road.

And why is everyone complaining about the kinect being required? Do you guys even know why they did that? Again.....to innovate. No one bought the last kinect. I sure as hell didn't. Something like less than 30% of 360 owners had one. As a result developers didn't wanna take the risk of wasting their money by trying to utilize its power. Now this kinect is apparently supposed to be much more powerful. Now that 100% of Xbox owners will have one developers are guaranteed everyone will have one and can now run wild with their imagination and try out new things. I'm sure something cool will come of it. How the hell will we know otherwise. If not o well, I'll happily invest in a company who's making an effort take technology as far as it can go. Cause you know technology is pretty cool.
This so called innovation wasn't anything new or original solely to the X1. And people weren't pissed about sharing or clouds, it was other things they were pissed about. Other things that had nothing to do with either. But they used pulling out of DRM and used it as an excuse to pull out on family sharing.

If they wanted to do family sharing, they still could. They pissed people off with DRM, so they decided to pull family sharing at same time as DRM to do exactly what it did to you. Which is piss you off and have you blame others for them removing family sharing, when not one consumer wanted them to do it. So now you are hear preaching about it was a mistake for people not to want DRM and blahblahblah. Look at what they did, pulling family sharing just gets people that knew about it upset and now are saying DRM and used game restrictions are fine, and now your supporting it. Microsoft has you wrapped around their fingers.

Also the kinect being in console is not a problem, its the fact that it always has to be on for console to work. You can't even default it to pause, you have to manual pause it everytime you turn on console. Once again another thing that isn't necessarily for the functionality of people playing games or even doing other things on console. I understand you would lose voice commands and kinect features if it was off, but some people don't want to use that and they may want to turn it off by default. Developers would still be able to develop for it since every console still would have it, but microsoft needs to make people WANT to use kinect, not forcibly keep it on permanently.

I'm posting this here too cause I'm upset with the Internet.

What pisses me off the most is they tried to innovate and everyone threw it back in their faces. Digital is the future folks. The Internet is now and the future. They tried to innovate with both and everyone cried cause they like the way it is. Sounding like grandparents. Ironically everyone on the Internet is complaining about always having to be connected to the Internet. sure there might be a few bumps on the way but that's what happens when your looking into the future and not settling with the boring now. I was initially siding with th PS4 until I realized this. They're settling for the now to please the people now. And everyone looks stupid for being suckered. The PS4 is just a revamped PS3. Th Xbox one was actually something new for a new generation. I was really looking forward to seeing where the Xbox would end up going. I was hoping they would keep the foot down and say told ya so down the road.

And why is everyone complaining about the kinect being required? Do you guys even know why they did that? Again.....to innovate. No one bought the last kinect. I sure as hell didn't. Something like less than 30% of 360 owners had one. As a result developers didn't wanna take the risk of wasting their money by trying to utilize its power. Now this kinect is apparently supposed to be much more powerful. Now that 100% of Xbox owners will have one developers are guaranteed everyone will have one and can now run wild with their imagination and try out new things. I'm sure something cool will come of it. How the hell will we know otherwise. If not o well, I'll happily invest in a company who's making an effort take technology as far as it can go. Cause you know technology is pretty cool.
This so called innovation wasn't anything new or original solely to the X1. And people weren't pissed about sharing or clouds, it was other things they were pissed about. Other things that had nothing to do with either. But they used pulling out of DRM and used it as an excuse to pull out on family sharing.

If they wanted to do family sharing, they still could. They pissed people off with DRM, so they decided to pull family sharing at same time as DRM to do exactly what it did to you. Which is piss you off and have you blame others for them removing family sharing, when not one consumer wanted them to do it. So now you are hear preaching about it was a mistake for people not to want DRM and blahblahblah. Look at what they did, pulling family sharing just gets people that knew about it upset and now are saying DRM and used game restrictions are fine, and now your supporting it. Microsoft has you wrapped around their fingers.

Also the kinect being in console is not a problem, its the fact that it always has to be on for console to work. You can't even default it to pause, you have to manual pause it everytime you turn on console. Once again another thing that isn't necessarily for the functionality of people playing games or even doing other things on console. I understand you would lose voice commands and kinect features if it was off, but some people don't want to use that and they may want to turn it off by default. Developers would still be able to develop for it since every console still would have it, but microsoft needs to make people WANT to use kinect, not forcibly keep it on permanently.

WHAT ABOUT FOR THE PEOPLE THAT HAD NO PROBLEM WITH DRM, ALWAYS ONLINE OR 24HR CHECK-IN IN THE 1ST PLACE?

WHAT ABOUT FOR THE PEOPLE THAT HAD NO PROBLEM WITH DRM, ALWAYS ONLINE OR 24HR CHECK-IN IN THE 1ST PLACE?
They have nothing to do with what I was talking about.

Removing family sharing has nothing to do with them. I didn't even mention 24HR check-in.

Xbox One engineers blog post.
Going back to Xbox One’s feature set, one of the features I was most proud of was Family Sharing. I’ve browsed many gaming forums and saw that many people were excited about it as well! That made my day the first time I saw gamers start to think of amazing experiences that could come from game sharing. It showed that my work resonated with the group for which I helped create it for. I will admit that I was not happy with how some of my fellow colleagues handled explaining the systems and many times pulled my hair out as I felt I could have done a better job explaining and selling the ideas to the press and public at large. I’m writing this for that reason, to explain to gamers how many of the features would have worked and how many of them will still work.

First is family sharing, this feature is near and dear to me and I truly felt it would have helped the industry grow and make both gamers and developers happy. The premise is simple and elegant, when you buy your games for Xbox One, you can set any of them to be part of your shared library. Anyone who you deem to be family had access to these games regardless of where they are in the world. There was never any catch to that, they didn’t have to share the same billing address or physical address it could be anyone. When your family member accesses any of your games, they’re placed into a special demo mode. This demo mode in most cases would be the full game with a 15-45 minute timer and in some cases an hour. This allowed the person to play the game, get familiar with it then make a purchase if they wanted to. When the time limit was up they would automatically be prompted to the Marketplace so that they may order it if liked the game. We were toying around with a limit on the number of times members could access the shared game (as to discourage gamers from simply beating the game by doing multiple playthroughs). but we had not settled on an appropriate way of handling it. One thing we knew is that we wanted the experience to be seamless for both the person sharing and the family member benefiting. There weren’t many models of this system already in the wild other than Sony’s horrendous game sharing implementation, but it was clear their approach (if one could call it that) was not the way to go. Developers complained about the lost sales and gamers complained about overbearing DRM that punished those who didn’t share that implemented by publishers to quell gamers from taking advantage of a poorly thought out system. We wanted our family sharing plan to be something that was talked about and genuinely enjoyed by the masses as a way of inciting gamers to try new games.

The motto around the offices for the family plan was “It’s the console gaming equivalent to spotify and pandora” it was a social network within itself! The difference between the family sharing and the typical store demo is that your progress is saved as if it was the full game, and the data that was installed for that shared game doesn’t need to be erased when they purchase the full game! It gave incentive to share your games among your peers, it gave games exposure, it allowed old games to still generate revenue for publishers. At the present time we’re no longer going forward with it, but it is not completely off the table. It is still possible to implement this with the digital downloaded versions of games, and in fact that’s the plan still as far as I’m aware.
http://www.heyuguysgaming.com/news/12507/heartbroken-xbox-one-employee-lets-rip-must-read

There's the catch. They were going to let you only play for 15 minutes to an hour then kick you to the marketplace so you could buy it. PS Plus has had that for years.
roll.gif

Last edited:
Wow 14-45 minutes though? thats bull-****. I really thought you would be able to play the full game any time you wantedt. That **** would have been completely useless then and that was one of the main features i thought was interesting :lol: No wonder they were vague with the details

Still copping an xb1 though, i just personally like it better

Even with it only being 15 minutes its still cool. Use it all the time on Ps Plus. But MS and the Xbox peeps were acting like it was some revolutionary type ish.

And with Playstation doing it already it shows how full of crap MS is. No reason they can't still do it,they just wanted to push drm on people.

Even with all that stuff removed on the new xbox im still easily going to pass on the xbox one and go with the ps4. ps4 is cheaper, and xbox really tried to get away with some bull thinking people would go for it. and i cant mess with that kinect watching me at all times illuminati steeze

Xbox One engineers blog post.

http://www.heyuguysgaming.com/news/12507/heartbroken-xbox-one-employee-lets-rip-must-read
There's the catch. They were going to let you only play for 15 minutes to an hour then kick you to the marketplace so you could buy it. PS Plus has had that for years.
roll.gif
Oh, well Im not upset about losing family sharing then lol. Basically a glorified DEMO....im good.
So we taking pastebin posts as truth now ? good to know

Even with all that stuff removed on the new xbox im still easily going to pass on the xbox one and go with the ps4. ps4 is cheaper, and xbox really tried to get away with some bull thinking people would go for it. and i cant mess with that kinect watching me at all times illuminati steeze

Right so now they are basically even as far as DRM is concered.

So playstation is slightly more powerful and it is $100 cheaper.....So basically now your decision is does Xbox1 have good enough exclusive games to warrant a $100 premium? (putting aside arbitrary things like controller feel, and i already have an xbox live membership)

Still looking like a ps4 for me

So playstation is slightly more powerful and it is $100 cheaper.....So basically now your decision is does Xbox1 have good enough exclusive games to warrant a $100 premium? (putting aside arbitrary things like controller feel, and i already have an xbox live membership)

To me the controller is not arbitrary...I've been rocking with this feel since 2002...I play on my homies ps3 every now and then and its just blah.... Kinect is pretty cool right now so I know this new one is gonna be fantastic.

To me the controller is not arbitrary...I've been rocking with this feel since 2002...I play on my homies ps3 every now and then and its just blah.... Kinect is pretty cool right now so I know this new one is gonna be fantastic.

Understand...but in the grand scheme of things id rather have good games to play with a "new feeling" controller then bad games to play with a controller i love. The controller to me doesn't change the gaming experience to a point where i can't learn on the other ie: The PS4 touch screen on the controller isn't a make or break for me or 6axis motion in the controller. But yeah if you like kinect i would say that is better then PSEye or whatever they are calling their camera. Then your decision is a $40 decsions since the PSEye is $60 bucks

:lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

15-45 minute demo? I hope that isn't true. Y'all were about to go in on game prices, splitting the cost in tenths. Only one person was getting that game. :lol:

You get hour trials with a PS+ subscription. Free full games. The closest thing to Steam discounts you'll get on a console. Sometimes they hit us with the 75% off. Online cloud game saving. (You can continue your save on any PS3 with it. Just log in and use your online stored save data.) Automatic updating and early access to game betas. And none of it requires DRM.

PS3 online is lacking the party system and cross game communication, but the PS4's going to have it. It still doesn't make Xbox Live better than what PS+ offers. For a cheaper price too. Even though there's still no cross game communication, a lot of PS3 games have a party system built into the multiplayer anyway.

Back
Top Bottom