Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Im in Alexandria, La so if you cant find it PM your size and i'll try to help out
:pimp: at the gesture.

what do you guys think about Florsheim Veblen?

is it a durable shoe? can usually be had for 100-150 on sale. Sometimes cheaper with coupons and whatnot..are they a good buy? or should I save for Allen Edmonds which are 3x's the price for a similar style?

Any experience with florsheims esp their Veblen model? durability? sizing? styling?

Never had experience with Florsheim, but I've always thought they were a good brand for the price when on sale. For AE, I wouldn't pay more than $300 for any AE though.

I got too much clothes, I got gear I havent worn since like Soph year of college, what sucks is nothing fits, and I feel like crap donating because I spent thousands on gear but I think all I can do is donate to goodwill, I cant send any of the gear back to Africa where my moms from because the gear just doesnt mash with the weather and dudes would be getting jacked left and right.

I just bought some sz 34 20 bucks HM jeans, they are probably really like a 32, my goal is to be able to fit/they be too big by september.

Really since I`m too the point where I dont go anywhere besides work and out with my chick, all the gear I buy now can be worn to work, If I`m lounging I been rocking my H&M sweats and a plain grey tee with an assortment of kicks lol.
if you're near a buffalo exchange. Take your clothes there. They will pick what they want and give you the rest back. They will give you money for whatever it is they want
that place is straight hipster. they wont take anything. that is if you went through a hip hop/streetwear ish phase . :lol:

I got too much clothes, I got gear I havent worn since like Soph year of college, what sucks is nothing fits, and I feel like crap donating because I spent thousands on gear but I think all I can do is donate to goodwill, I cant send any of the gear back to Africa where my moms from because the gear just doesnt mash with the weather and dudes would be getting jacked left and right.

I just bought some sz 34 20 bucks HM jeans, they are probably really like a 32, my goal is to be able to fit/they be too big by september.

Really since I`m too the point where I dont go anywhere besides work and out with my chick, all the gear I buy now can be worn to work, If I`m lounging I been rocking my H&M sweats and a plain grey tee with an assortment of kicks lol.
if you're near a buffalo exchange. Take your clothes there. They will pick what they want and give you the rest back. They will give you money for whatever it is they want
that place is straight hipster. they wont take anything. that is if you went through a hip hop/streetwear ish phase . :lol:

I actually have the Veblen and I'd definitely recommend it. I wear them with jeans mainly but could be worn with trousers as well.
Had them for over a year now so yes they are durable, went true to size and got the wine color, I believe that's what it's called

I pretty much only have essentials. I don't have anything that I don't wear at least once per wash cycle. I usually turn my clothing hangers around at the beginning of the year and by the end of the year, if any of my clothes are still hung reversed, I usually donate them because I haven't worn them that entire year.

All my clothes are also relatively cheap and last for a decent amount of time. I have close to no outerwear, however, outside of a handful of jackets and sweaters (I live in SoCal).

Sometimes, when I'm online shopping, I'll add a bunch of clothes to my shopping cart but close the window. If I still feel like purchasing them after a week, I'll pull the trigger, but that rarely happens nowadays, so I've been saving a lot of money.

If you have semi-expensive clothing, try selling them on forums or craigslist. Otherwise, just donate them.

Yes, it sucks if you spent a lot of money on it, but there's nothing better than a clean and "lean" closet. Your conscience will thank you for clearing the cob webs!

This is the advantage of being a teacher, everything I buy I can and do wear to work and outside of work, what is even more awesome is that I can use some of that expenditure as a tax deduction due to being a teacher.

I'm waiting to see where I get down to by June/July, especially in my chest, because I really want to get a 3-piece navy suit. Was considering SuitSupply but the $599 price tag plus alterations is keeping me away, I think I might go with Indochino and get the Navy Essential 3-piece for $449 and the with the $75 alterations credit.

is it a durable shoe? can usually be had for 100-150 on sale. Sometimes cheaper with coupons and whatnot..are they a good buy? or should I save for Allen Edmonds which are 3x's the price for a similar style?

Any experience with florsheims esp their Veblen model? durability? sizing? styling?
if its the rubber sole ones i would stay away. i have a pair of suede blue wingtips from florsheim, fit is good but its not that comfortable. also the rubber sole wears out quickly and looks disgusting when you see little rubber fibers (kind of like eraser shreds) sticking out of the side of the shoe

They are pretty good for the price. They are goodyear welted so can be resoled in the future. If you did want to go the AE route I'd suggest looking into the Shoe Bank and grabbing something around $200 or less. AE is running a Memorial Day sale and will probably have one for Father's Day next month. Id save up and cop those. They leather is probably better.

Last edited:
Being dumb earlier. Still gotta get those pants hemmed, been super lazy.

Btw, who do I PM for the FB group invite?

how do they compare to platos closet, and do I have to wash stuff or do they clean them and all that? Reason I ask is I have stuff I literally may have worn twice and just had it folded in storage.
I mean if you bring something dirty, It hurts your chances of getting money for it.

Where do you even find a 6 button suit? That thing has to be custom made, cause I can't think of any brand that would make one :x

Heres some pics of those Levi's I got from the sample sale.

1955 501 Customised

Joints are tight, gotta break em in (if its even possible). 
laugh.gif

I hate how photobucket makes the pictures look...

Quality is real nice.

Back
Top Bottom