Dressing Better Vol 2.0

good stuff its always interesting hearing educator's perspectives on the issue.

i cringe whenever i see someone one in out in public in pajamas, like you couldnt take the time to at least throw on sweats? :x   ...and if people are wearing that to work,  id question whether they want to be there as well.

Yeap, it's down right ridiculous and pathetic.

If people are stressing you for over dressing then they must have no life.    Wear what feels comfortable to you.  Who cares what the next person thinks.  

You're right, and honestly it took some getting used to that, at first it's irritating though. I'm over that, been over it thankfully, but when anyone makes a transformation like that people have things to say unfortunately.

Thanks Adrian and 1stwitit!

What Air Force 1? :lol: I've posted a few outfits but they're all me, I didn't play dress up or pretend to wear them either... I wore them out haha. Some are up on the group blog as well!

Rain on my birthday :smh: Hopefully it stops, no plans until later tonight atleast. Going to see Gatsby then going out :pimp:

Last edited:
Adrian I actually laughed out loud at your post on my wall. Dudes are going to be looking at it like, whats UNKNWN? What does : hat mean? :lol:

edit: On our Facebook group... no offense to anyone but there's a few people introducing themselves as lurkers... isn't that kinda against the point of the whole thing? :\

Last edited:
Adrian I actually laughed out loud at your post on my wall. Dudes are going to be looking at it like, whats UNKNWN? What does : hat mean? :lol:

edit: On our Facebook group... no offense to anyone but there's a few people introducing themselves as lurkers... isn't that kinda against the point of the whole thing? :\
Yes, but we are not an exclusive group that refuses to let anyone in. I wouldn't mind if he feels more comfortable in a smaller setting. I am monitoring the group though.

late to the party.....
Yeah, you do not have to wear a suit. But as a fresh individual I feel like that is just the next step. Suits, Sports coats, and other menswear staples are the next step. I mean why not, Its not about overdressing or underdressing its about dressing accurately. I might be confued but is this not niketalk, we all used to be/ are "sneakerheads". The whole point of the sneaker thing for me was to be fly. As i got older and the sneaker game got wierd/boring and i started going parties and events that called for a more strict dress code, I adapted. My ideas about what was fly changed. First suit I copped as an adult was last year at the age of 24, only cause we had to bury my grandfather. Before that I managed with dress shirts and chinos and what not, but i look back and i realize most of those looks would have been complete with a jacket. That feel you have wearing your tailored suit >or = undeadstocking the jordans you skipped first period to cop and rock to school periods 2-7 that very same day. :pimp:

Anyway, yesterday for drinking adventures in the city

Last edited:
Happy bday man. I was initially thinking the other Rob :lol:

Too many Robs! :lol:

Thanks a lot Wis. :smile:

I don't want to clog up the thread with thank you's, but thank you so much in advance to anyone who wishes me a happy bday. I really appreciate all of you. :pimp:

Your there for show then.
I hit the club in comfy gear to dance with chicks. I expect to sweat like crazy, I expect to my shoes potentially stepped on, a drink slightly waste on me.
I'm not on no vegas elite life. Normally the dudes in the club on with the suits don't do much and just stand around behaving as they are cool, not understanding folks looking at them like why you rocking a 2 piece to the club B?
Whatever works for you though. Guess dat means "dressing better"
one can not dance with women while wearing a suit? i dont always wear i suit to the club but when i do it is usually homecoming and everybody is in dresses and suits getting ratchet AF. it gets very real

Thanks to my companies new bonus policy I was able to finally get my DB wardrobe off the ground my suit and shirts are at the tailor's, but the end of my shoes came in today

dem RLs, i am very jelly :smh:

Rob got a bday. have a good one bro

Last edited:
So all adults HAVE to own a suit ?:lol:

Thats why it's hard to take you guys seriously in this thread.

Most of you were just like me last week, as soon as this thread was created everyone ran out and started "dressing better"

I'll enjoy my comfortable ADULT life without owning a suit till I need one which is for my wedding.

Bro, you just started being all metrosexual last year. How you gonna judge someone else for not having a suit? 

Every formal event I've been to I've been a part of and rented tux's or suits to be properly dressed.

I wear chinos and a cardigan to graduations.

It's not that serious.

Yall can miss me with the elitist bs.

cut it out.....how you gonna say a RENTED suit or tux is being properly dressed!?...lmfao

anyways, choose to have a suit or not its on you, no one really gives a **** at the end of the day.

i dance in my suit, dont know what ya talking bout.

Back
Top Bottom