Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Part of me wants to just got a solid, cheap pair for now and then get Lunargrands when I graduate and get a real job. But part of me wants to get a pair of Lunargrands now since Nike sold them and is going to stop making them

I wouldn't consider Lunargrands as your 'real job' shoes after graduation. That is when I would step it up to a higher quality leather soled shoe. I view Lunargrands in a more casual sense, worn with jeans and a blazer, etc. To each his own, however. I think the Bass shoes offered in Taupe suede are your best bet. I have the Brocktons and they are a great shoe for their price. I assume the wingtip style I posted is very similar.

Last edited:
I wouldn't consider Lunargrands as your 'real job' shoes after graduation. That is when I would step it up to a higher quality leather soled shoe. I view Lunargrands in a more casual sense, worn with jeans and a blazer, etc. To each his own, however. I think the Bass shoes offered in Taupe suede are your best bet. I have the Brocktons and they are a great shoe for their price. I assume the wingtip style I posted is very similar.
I plan on getting a pair of AE Macneils once I graduate as well. Lunargrands were going to be thrown into there every once in a while once the outfit called for it. I'm def. going to take a look at the Bass ones you posted. I'm headed to the outlets tomorrow where they have both a Cole Haan store and a Bass store. I know this is a long shot, but anybody know what the Lunargrands have been popping up at outlets for? Or if they have even been discounted that much at CH outlet stores? If they got them for ~$150, I'm copping on the spot

I plan on getting a pair of AE Macneils once I graduate as well. Lunargrands were going to be thrown into there every once in a while once the outfit called for it. I'm def. going to take a look at the Bass ones you posted. I'm headed to the outlets tomorrow where they have both a Cole Haan store and a Bass store. I know this is a long shot, but anybody know what the Lunargrands have been popping up at outlets for? Or if they have even been discounted that much at CH outlet stores? If they got them for ~$150, I'm copping on the spot

My Cole Haan outlet has had the grey/volt and black/pink lunargrand wingtips for $100 in the past (over a month ago last time I checked). Just wait for them to go on sale, you should be able to find them for that price (ballpark at least).

Last edited:
for all you Target shoppers, Merona has a pair of Bucks in a few colors for like 34.99 and a few at 39.99...shape looks good, idk about quality or whatnot...

[quote name="BigTRG inSD" url="/t/500141/dressing-better-vol-2-0/22050#post_17832666"]I wouldn't consider Lunargrands as your 'real job' shoes after graduation. That is when I would step it up to a higher quality leather soled shoe. I view Lunargrands in a more casual sense, worn with jeans and a blazer, etc. To each his own, however. I think the Bass shoes offered in Taupe suede are your best bet. I have the Brocktons and they are a great shoe for their price. I assume the wingtip style I posted is very similar.[/quote]

Definitely, man.

Call me crazy but those Skechers dont look half bad. :lol:
Cole Haan outlets have the grey/volt Lunargrands though.

I wonder when the Skechers will reach outlets?

Last edited:
Just pulled the trigger on my first DSLR. Been wanting one for years now, with school coming to an end, a week in NY, party in Austin for Memorial Day Weekend and a summer in Cali with my daughter. I figured it would be a great time to get it.

Hopefully I can contribute some good stuff.

Here is a pic of my father, brother and I took for the family business. I was a historic moment for the company. This is the first time I have ever appeared in any company pictures. Most peps dont know I exist. My pops was very excited. There is enormous amount of people on the other side to witness the occasion. I told my pops that I would only do it if the photographer was only one to take the picture and no one else.

Here is a pic of my father, brother and I took for the family business. I was a historic moment for the company. This is the first time I have ever appeared in any company pictures. Most peps dont know I exist. My pops was very excited. There is enormous amount of people on the other side to witness the occasion. I told my pops that I would only do it if the photographer was only one to take the picture and no one else.

Very nice. Which one are you? Nice house :smile: If you don't mind me asking, what kind of firm does your dad own? I always thought you were working at a corp, not a family owned business.

Also, out of my own curiosity...why do you always say peps instead of peeps? :lol:

ive seen the sketchers at the Rack before for around $60 in good colorways. Browns, blues, tans, etc..not wacky ones like pink and black ... And I could barely tell a diff in quality/shape/design. The lunar sole is the only diff. Aesthetically it looks the same but the Cole Haan version has a softer midsole IMO. if it is was a choice of copping a good Cole Haan colorway at $270 or a similar colorway from sketchers at $60 , I'd really have to consider copping the sketchers....just being honest.

I'd check your local NR, when I was in chicago for spring break I ran across every color of those and if I remember right they were ~$70. But they definitely had them there, granted it was about a month or two ago.

Very nice. Which one are you? Nice house :smile: If you don't mind me asking, what kind of firm does your dad own? I always thought you were working at a corp, not a family owned business.

Also, out of my own curiosity...why do you always say peps instead of peeps? :lol:

I am the one blocked out. I haven't worked for the family business since I was in high school. My pops has various types of businesses. He starts them then sells them once successful. His cash cow for years now is real estate. peps is my abbreviation for peeps. Laziness:smh: :smh:

Last edited:
Yohiji yamamoto in a recent interview

On the difference between taste and fashion:

“I hate fashion. Or the word fashion, which sounds colorful, extravagant, expensive and gorgeous.…I never wanted to walk the main street of fashion. I have been walking the sidewalks of fashion from the beginning, so I’m a bit dark.”

8)

I'd check your local NR, when I was in chicago for spring break I ran across every color of those and if I remember right they were ~$70. But they definitely had them there, granted it was about a month or two ago.

I might need to check that once I get back home...those Sketchers are nice for the price :lol: Could even use them as a nice looking beater shoe for crummy weather , better than some torn up square toed Joe Madden joints I usually see people wearing....actually even for our graduation :smh:

Can anyone lead me into the realm of dress socks? I haave graduation coming up and want a nice pair of socks that will look well under black pants/black shoes. trying to do black and gold (school spirit, sue me) but these are the socks I think I know of, or I remember of at the moment:

*richer and poorer

*happy socks

*corgi socks

I need to get the sleeves of a suit jackets shortened, maybe an inch, but the sleeves have buttons. Is there any way around this?

I don't want the buttons uncomfortably close to the end of the sleeves.

Last edited:
I need to get the sleeves of a suit jackets shortened, maybe an inch, but the sleeves have buttons. Is there any way around this?

I don't want the buttons uncomfortably close to the end of the sleeves.

if the buttons are not functional, a competent tailor would be able to move the buttons up.

Back
Top Bottom