Dressing Better Vol 2.0

thanks man. First suit I picked up which got the ball rolling on this DB thing. What's funny is that the start of school last September, I had no suits and only 3-4 ties (all of which were insanely wide and therefore given away). Crazy how time flies.

Indeed it does fly by. I had one suit prior to te start of January. I never wore it and was certain that I looked great in it :lol:
I used to peruse this thread, but never quite got what all the fuss was about. Then I got my first altered suit back and I just couldn't look back. This time last year I was RL shirts and jeans thinking I was the ****. Now I look back and laugh.

Anybody seen the lowtop wallabees :smokin
I hope they have the same color options as the regular ones.

Im gonna mess wit these this summer. Travel shoes. Gotta give the dbs a rest.

They look so comfy 8)

Realizing I need to make a couple pick ups soon...those Lands End Cargos and I really like the way that pindot shirt from JCPennys looks in those pics....Spring Break is coming up this weekend though so I'm gonna try and see if I can hit the mall up

Anybody seen the lowtop wallabees :smokin
I hope they have the same color options as the regular ones.

Im gonna mess wit these this summer. Travel shoes. Gotta give the dbs a rest.

They look so comfy 8)

Last edited:
New picture of the ToJ helmet bag.

Basically a bad *** carry on/briefcase/bad boy type shiiii

can anyone recommend me a canvas messenger bag (not too pricy $75ish) that can fit a 15' laptop and a couple of notebooks?

two things: first, those shirts look a little loose for smalls. also can you get slightly closer shots so we can really see how they pop?

second, you got that suit for $100 total? :x

to burlington i go

I'm jelly Pinoy. Nice picks ups for $100 total.

I'm surprised that's a size small. I'd pay for a bit of tailoring as both styles deserve to be worn casually without a suit tucked or un-tucked.

:smokin

So what do you guys do if you want to work out and get bigger . Do you all get rid of the clothes and start all over ? I ask this because idk if I should start copping slim fit stuff when im heavy in the gym.

So what do you guys do if you want to work out and get bigger . Do you all get rid of the clothes and start all over ? I ask this because idk if I should start copping slim fit stuff when im heavy in the gym.

It all depends on your physique, my definition of big/fit is Ryan Reynolds type of body, I wouldn't never like to be bigger than that, so in that case I'll still be good with the slim stuff...not that I'll probably ever reach that body anyhow...lol if your definition of big is Arnold in his prime, then yeah...I don't think you'd be considered "slim" by any chance...

I've kinda been going through that, I try and do P90x like 4-5 times a week between all my classes at my apartment...I've noticed that the back of my JCrew Factory Thompson suit has a slight hump around the neck when I button it up, and the lapels bow a bit. Some of my slim fit button downs are also pretty tight since I got em a year ago....I think the best would be to maybe not buy any expensive items like a new suit that is tailored to fit your body now if you're gonna bulk up. You can still buy slim things such as pants but maybe give yourself a little room?

For me I think I got my first suit tapered TOO much if that makes sense :lol: It still fits me but its almost too snug in the upper back/chest. Guess one good thing is I've always had larger thighs from hockey all my life so pants haven been too much of a concern but I'd recommend sticking with pieces you wouldn't mind having to get rid of if the transformation is gonna be that large, I only have put on about 6-8lbs but its realllly hard for me to add weight I can notice the fit of some shirts is too snug though

Im training for like snc im not trying to cut down im bulking and training bjj IDk if i should buy slim fit or tapered anything because chances is are is not gonna fit to well after 3 months.

If you expect a body transformation, stay away from fitted clothing then bro, it'll be a waste of your money since it obviously won't fit you later....same with people losing weight, I'm sure Lucky can relate with his dramatic drop in weight

I'd also recommend gettin acquainted with a good tailor, clothes probably won't fit off the rack, specially shirts.

two things: first, those shirts look a little loose for smalls. also can you get slightly closer shots so we can really see how they pop?

second, you got that suit for $100 total? :x

to burlington i go

I'm jelly Pinoy. Nice picks ups for $100 total.

I'm surprised that's a size small. I'd pay for a bit of tailoring as both styles deserve to be worn casually without a suit tucked or un-tucked.

:smokin
I'm thinking my plan is to wear it tucked for the most part but yes, I think eventually I might pay to get them taken in a tad.

It all depends on your physique, my definition of big/fit is Ryan Reynolds type of body, I wouldn't never like to be bigger than that, so in that case I'll still be good with the slim stuff...not that I'll probably ever reach that body anyhow...lol if your definition of big is Arnold in his prime, then yeah...I don't think you'd be considered "slim" by any chance...

That's funny because that's actually where I drew the line too. I'm aiming for around either Ryan(Reynolds or Gosling) and then I'll stop.

If your shirt was slimmer that would look better. I think you should venture into other colors for suits. Maybe navy, browns, and patterns.

Guys, are there any rules to mind when pairing a different colored jacket and pants?
Bump
There was a picture someone posted before that was perfect. What colors are you working with? IMO blues/greys are awesome together. Browns/blues as well. I would just stay away from grey with different shades of grey. Grey and tan. And I would not mix black jackets/trousers with other colors.

It's actually a grey suit :lol:

Poor lighting I guess.

What are some good brands for fitted shirts? Preferably white shirts, as I find I'm more prone to jut throwing on a white shirt and match it with a nice tie as opposed to patterned/color shirts and having to worry about the best coordination. Maybe I'm just lazy, maybe I just don't feel as confident in my new look as I should. I dunno.

Guys, are there any rules to mind when pairing a different colored jacket and pants?
Bump
There was a picture someone posted before that was perfect. What colors are you working with? IMO blues/greys are awesome together. Browns/blues as well. I would just stay away from grey with different shades of grey. Grey and tan. And I would not mix black jackets/trousers with other colors.
I was thinking of going with a grey blazer and navy pants. Does mismatching only work with blazers/sportcoats? I think I read somewhere you shouldn't mix and match with jackets that are part of a suit

Clean fit Blinkin

[QUOTE name="melofan15" url="[URL]http://niketalk.com/t/500141/dressing-better-vol-2-0/16200#post_17381128[/URL]"]
[QUOTE name="melofan15" url="[URL]http://niketalk.com/t/500141/dressing-better-vol-2-0/16170#post_17378555[/URL]"]
Bump[/QUOTE]

Here is a guide that is somewhat useful for starting out

[/quote] thanks man :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom