Dressing Better Vol 2.0

There is a current Allen Edmonds 2nds sale.  My local sales associate emailed me that they are running 2 pair for $250 on discontinued styles.  May be worth it to email the shoe bank or call an outlet and see what they have in your size.

..I broke and called for the list. Asked for discontinued models and seconds list. I'm so weak.

Lol but yes carlin, dying for that sale!

I picked up the Jayhawker boot back when they were on sale for like $90 a few months ago. Great boot that I've received numerous compliments on. They run a little big, I usually wear a 12 and the 11.5 pair I got still have some room in them.

Recommended, especially if you can still find them for that price.
Thank you for the response. I was able to get them for 90 at the outlet. Thanks again.

Can someone please send me the number so I can look into the Allen Edmomds sale, I emailed last week and no response.

I know we usually talk about clothes related things but I saw an article on wet shaving with a double edge razor, any of you fellas w/ facial hair use these (I know my grandpa did back in the day haha) but its supposed to be much better for the skin....but I figured this would be a good place to ask
nerd.gif
I've been using a Merkur DE razor for the past 3 months and absolutely love it. I'm still working on my ATG passes. With Mach3 and Fusion I had razor burn every time. No matter how light the pressure.

With the Merkur I can still achieve a presentable shave...without the annoying razor burn. If you're wondering if you should try it out....DO IT. Don't think about it...DO IT. Order a sample razor pack if you do. Proraso, Taylor of Old Bond Street creams are great. Don't forget a badger brush and mixing bowl.

Can someone please send me the number so I can look into the Allen Edmomds sale, I emailed last week and no response.
posted it before on here I believe. Here it is again: 262-284-7158

Went through the list. Mind you the 2 for $250 is for discontinued models (i assume would make them firsts) not seconds. After perusing the the list, most are horrid except for a few imo. For my size, the Amok boots were $99 in a variety of colors, Kenwood loafers for $99, they had a few player's in various colors as well going for $179, and finally my favorite is Mcgraw for $259. These loafers have a very beautiful vamp and in my size are available in brown, black, and walnut. It would be an instant cop if it wasn't for the fact that I already have a very similar pair of cole haan loafers in walnut. Brown is a great color, but I think I'm going to pass on this sale.
Basically if you pick up something like the Mcgraw and Player's you are definitely getting your money's worth.

What do you guys think about wearing boots in seasons other than winter/fall?

Really thought I missed out on the ralph lauren radbourne sale, but the site still have them for $99. Going to pull the trigger on them.

Unless it's really cold, I think it would be kinda weird for you to wear them outside of winter or fall just because the radbourne is such a chunky boot. However, if it was a sleeker boot like desert boots or MMM side zips (hows that for a range?) then it would be more acceptable. All my opinion though of course, but you should still get them for the winters and autumns ahead!

Last edited:
Any recommendations for a good quality jean jacket but isn't $$$? Thinking less than $100.
I bought a Levi's x Brooks Bros one for $150 on sale. I had a regular Levi's one years ago for like $40 from Macy's and I liked it a lot too.

Check your local Macy's, Gap, etc. $100 will give you lots of choices.

Any recommendations for a good quality jean jacket but isn't $$$? Thinking less than $100.

GAP 1969 i had an AE one, but this one fits much better and is a better wash too.

Levis, AE, Gap

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Will look into it.

Really thought I missed out on the ralph lauren radbourne sale, but the site still have them for $99. Going to pull the trigger on them.
A simple google search brought up some for $69.99 may want to look else where first before you buy those for $99

A simple google search brought up some for $69.99 may want to look else where first before you buy those for $99
$69.99 brings up the kids version..
either way, I'd scrap those radbourne's. Too damn clunky for my taste. Also I see far too many hood boogers obsessed with them purely for the fact that they are polo. Better off looking at Eastland's or even the AE Yuma's which probably will only run $20-30 more.

What do you guys think about this suit's jacket? Too small? Worth getting it taken in? Suggestions welcomed.

Yes. The bunching of the arms and the pulling of the chest gives it away. Size one up and get it altered. That store looks like Burlington Coat Factory. If you find a suit for a good price getting it altered for around $100 is a good deal.

I am at Burlington :lol:

Suit alone costs $100 even. She said she'd bring the jacket in around the waist for about $12. What should I ask in reference to the chest?

Back
Top Bottom