Dressing Better Vol 2.0

nerd.gif
ask my girl. I've been saying it everyday for awhile now..."I swear Carlin must have an accent.."
laugh.gif
well damn
roll.gif

I guess because I grew up pretty cultured, listening to different music and stuff, I was able to avoid the southern drawl.  My dad's family though
sick.gif

I've been told I sound like I'm from NYC. I guess thats true since I've been here since I was 10 years old.

Last edited:
Weird thoughts for yall :lol:

I am from the south, but dont think I have much of an accent

From Toronto with family in Birmingham, AL.

Best example when I was growing up... orange versus are-ange.

Love Chick-Fil-A though lol.

Last edited:
What are you guys thoughts on "funky" socks? These are some I picked up over the weekend. Been getting compliments, laughs, and inquiries as to where I got em all day. :lol:

I always wear colorful socks. It's a great way to make an outfit pop. I remember the first few times I wore colorful patterned socks to work people made jokes and were surprised. Then a few days later one of our assistants that a co-worker was trying to procure yambs from complimented on my socks and the guy who was making fun of me before asked where I got my socks from :stoneface: >D :lol:

I've been entertaining this question in my head for quite some time and figured it's about time I ask. Being that the only communication we have amongst our tight knit group spread throughout the nation (and a few internationals I believe) is purely typed, any of you guys wonder what each other sounds like? What I'm curious about is does anyone here have any regional accents? Although it is not regional, first time I heard John (knightlovesqueen aka kanye west) speak, I definitely did not expect his tone I guess. Figured when I saw that ross beard from NSN, I expected a ross voice :lol:
So yeah, does anyone have any definitive vocal features?

Man I was born and raised in the Northeast and people ALWAYS ask me where I'm from. I think it's because of how I dress and my annunciation game being proper but I always get asked if I'm from London or somewhere in the UK. London blokes FTW, I guess :lol: :pimp:

I've been entertaining this question in my head for quite some time and figured it's about time I ask. Being that the only communication we have amongst our tight knit group spread throughout the nation (and a few internationals I believe) is purely typed, any of you guys wonder what each other sounds like? What I'm curious about is does anyone here have any regional accents? Although it is not regional, first time I heard John (knightlovesqueen aka kanye west) speak, I definitely did not expect his tone I guess. Figured when I saw that ross beard from NSN, I expected a ross voice :lol:
Before he started talking on the phone with me I heard the
*lady voice* Maybach Music *lady voice*

I've been entertaining this question in my head for quite some time and figured it's about time I ask. Being that the only communication we have amongst our tight knit group spread throughout the nation (and a few internationals I believe) is purely typed, any of you guys wonder what each other sounds like? What I'm curious about is does anyone here have any regional accents? Although it is not regional, first time I heard John (knightlovesqueen aka kanye west) speak, I definitely did not expect his tone I guess. Figured when I saw that ross beard from NSN, I expected a ross voice
laugh.gif

I am always asked if I am from New York, until I start talking...They be like wow at the accent.

My voice does not match my appearance.

Wis what's your story? Are you from Thailand? Is it safe to assume you have a thai accent or have you become Americanized? (that is if you even from there lol)

im from MD, on campus people always assume im from chicago though idk way. i talk like who ever i am around at the time though, habit. :rolleyes

Man I wish these were in an olive or navy color.

these are lovely, brand?

I love them. I've got a collection of different colors/patterns/textures and wear them all the time!

Looking back I would have switched out the jeans for chinos in the outfit but I was trying to keep it causal.

great fit. i see what you mean with the chinos though.

Last edited:
Wis what's your story? Are you from Thailand? Is it safe to assume you have a thai accent or have you become Americanized? (that is if you even from there lol)
:lol: it depends on who you ask. I came here as a kid in the 4th grade. Most say I have an American accent, basically no accent when talking to those from here. A few say I have a slight accent. I'd kill for a British accent though.

I flipped out when a former classmate of mine spoke. He's Flip, but born in France and came here for school. He has a super thick French accent.

It all depends on your physique, my definition of big/fit is Ryan Reynolds type of body, I wouldn't never like to be bigger than that, so in that case I'll still be good with the slim stuff...not that I'll probably ever reach that body anyhow...lol if your definition of big is Arnold in his prime, then yeah...I don't think you'd be considered "slim" by any chance...
That's kind of a problem for me as my quads are 25 inches and i can't buy any type of pant that fits me in the waist to fit me in the quads also. What i try to do is buy clothes that fit me and are maybe a little elastic, and never go for slim (i couldn't even if i'd want though), which is pretty stupid imo, as I enjoy a fitted look, but that ultraslim gq doesn't look manly at all to me.
Another reason for me would be that when the whole slim trend will pass, well fitted comfortable clothes will still be stylish.

Also, why did everybody suddenly jump on the cargos bandwagon? I mean, a few years ago people would laugh at them and now everybody wears them. They don't look particularly good and the side pockets are pretty useless on these new slim pairs. So, what's up with that?

:lol: it depends on who you ask. I came here as a kid in the 4th grade. Most say I have an American accent, basically no accent when talking to those from here. A few say I have a slight accent. I'd kill for a British accent though.

I flipped out when a former classmate of mine spoke. He's Flip, but born in France and came here for school. He has a super thick French accent.

I am always asked if I am from New York, until I start talking...They be like wow at the accent.

My voice does not match my appearance.
I'm from Florida and live in Atlanta now. My accent is all messed up.

Weird thoughts for yall :lol:

I am from the south, but dont think I have much of an accent

Its weird, all my friends from Houston or Atl at school have ZERO accent had me like :wow: I expected them to sound like TI or Slim Thug :lol: when I first spoke to em

I guess I have a slight Philly accent....I do say wuter (water) but thats pretty much it I'm just glad I haven't picked up the Pittsburgh accent these last 4 yrs

Last edited:
For the LE cargo pants, do I go true to size? or do i size up 1 or 2 because of the slim fit? Thanks!
TTS however dont really like the fit of them. I prefer the unilqo perfect fit cargos.

I bought the olive LE cargos because of this thread....literally like 6 months ago.....got them for $20 free shipping. Love the fit....posted this pic earlier in the thread but now that they have resurfaced...the pants are great for the price

link to the pants bro?

So...I've been wanting some new jeans forever and after constantly hear steezy recommend the JCrew 484's and liking the way they look in his pictures I ordered 2 pairs one in 32x32 and one in 33x32. They are almost perfect but they are a tad to tight for me on my left thigh/calf and are too tight behind my knee when I'm sitting. I really liked the "light wash" as well. If only the left side of my body wasn't larger than my right haha.

Is my next move to move to their slim-straights? Or is there another comparable brand I should be looking for. I have some other JCrew Slim-Straights from their factory but it doesn't look like they're carrying it in any of lighter washes?

Seems everyday no matter what jeans I'm putting on I find something that bothers me about them and really just want to solve the problem.

I don't own the JCrew 484 fit in jeans. But judging by pictures, I think my lightwash levi 513 may be similar and slightly less slim like you're looking for. I got them on sale for $20 at urban outfitters a little while back.

For the LE cargo pants, do I go true to size? or do i size up 1 or 2 because of the slim fit? Thanks!
TTS however dont really like the fit of them. I prefer the unilqo perfect fit cargos.

I bought the olive LE cargos because of this thread....literally like 6 months ago.....got them for $20 free shipping. Love the fit....posted this pic earlier in the thread but now that they have resurfaced...the pants are great for the price

link to the pants bro?

http://www.landsend.com/pp/canvas-mens-slim-fit-cargo-pants~244552_-1.html

APC NS work well for me
new standard? are they cut pretty big in the thigh and calf? i play bball and run track so kind of a stocky build...

i find myself having to buy pants/jeans with stretch but eventually they get too big, so it's an odd dilemma.....

so hoping to find a nice ft in selvedge....any less pricey brands?

*Prices as marked. Discount valid on the purchase of men's shirts at J.Crew Factory stores or jcrewfactory.com from March 6, 2013, 12:01am ET through March 12, 2013, 11:59pm ET only. Discount not valid in J.Crew stores, at jcrew.com or on phone orders. Discount cannot be applied to previous purchases or the purchase of gift cards and cannot be redeemed for cash. Valid in the U.S. and Canada only. Terms of offer are subject to change.

*Prices as marked. Discount valid on the purchase of men's shirts at J.Crew Factory stores or jcrewfactory.com from March 6, 2013, 12:01am ET through March 12, 2013, 11:59pm ET only. Discount not valid in J.Crew stores, at jcrew.com or on phone orders. Discount cannot be applied to previous purchases or the purchase of gift cards and cannot be redeemed for cash. Valid in the U.S. and Canada only. Terms of offer are subject to change.

Uh oh... :lol:

So I got my shirt in from moderntailor. And I'm still not satisfied, what would you guys suggest changing in terms of measurements?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom