Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Anybody else here not tuck their shirts in unless its with a suit?

Cant get with the whole tucking in my shirt casually thing.

That was the whole purpose of getting this shirt. I don't really like wearing them tucked in either, unless I'm going to a place that calls for it.
But just around campus I never tuck them in, and I want one that will look good untucked. The straight bottom seems perfect for untucked shirts

Your shirt should be more fitted if you going to wear it outside the pants. That's the only problem that I see.

So I got my shirt in from moderntailor. And I'm still not satisfied, what would you guys suggest changing in terms of measurements?

To me, in the first pic it appears as if the chest-to-weight ratio is off because it appears to be a bit boxy. But in the second and third it looks better. Is this a shirt that you plan wearing only untucked? I think a tucked in picture may help because I'm curious to see if there is severe billowing.

Edit: Michael beat me to it :lol:

Last edited:
I've been entertaining this question in my head for quite some time and figured it's about time I ask. Being that the only communication we have amongst our tight knit group spread throughout the nation (and a few internationals I believe) is purely typed, any of you guys wonder what each other sounds like? What I'm curious about is does anyone here have any regional accents? Although it is not regional, first time I heard John (knightlovesqueen aka kanye west) speak, I definitely did not expect his tone I guess. Figured when I saw that ross beard from NSN, I expected a ross voice
laugh.gif

So yeah, does anyone have any definitive vocal features?
I wonder this about the entire NT. I remember the first time I hear Ninjahood on those YouTube videos. Definitely didn't sound the way I thought he would.
laugh.gif

I don't really have a definitive accent, but my tone is low, but not Issac Hayes low. Accent's a mix between a New Yorker and a Southerner.
You've never been to da heightz. ninjahood sounded EXACTLY how i expected him to.

To me, in the first pic it appears as if the chest-to-weight ratio is off because it appears to be a bit boxy. But in the second and third it looks better. Is this a shirt that you plan wearing only untucked? I think a tucked in picture may help because I'm curious to see if there is severe billowing.

Yeah I ordered it with the intention on mainly wearing it as untucked. I'm going to a play Friday so I'll wear it then and take pictures of it tucked in so I can I see how it looks that way.

To get a slimmer look, what measurement should I change?

What are you guys thoughts on "funky" socks? These are some I picked up over the weekend. Been getting compliments, laughs, and inquiries as to where I got em all day. :lol:

Love "funky" socks!

That's kind of a problem for me as my quads are 25 inches and i can't buy any type of pant that fits me in the waist to fit me in the quads also. What i try to do is buy clothes that fit me and are maybe a little elastic, and never go for slim (i couldn't even if i'd want though), which is pretty stupid imo, as I enjoy a fitted look, but that ultraslim gq doesn't look manly at all to me.

Another reason for me would be that when the whole slim trend will pass, well fitted comfortable clothes will still be stylish.

Also, why did everybody suddenly jump on the cargos bandwagon? I mean, a few years ago people would laugh at them and now everybody wears them. They don't look particularly good and the side pockets are pretty useless on these new slim pairs. So, what's up with that?

It's the fact that they are slim fit and the look is good, but I agree the pockets become pretty useless.

Anybody else here not tuck their shirts in unless its with a suit?

Cant get with the whole tucking in my shirt casually thing.

This was me before, but there are certain shirts that can be untucked but not all.

For the LE cargo pants, do I go true to size? or do i size up 1 or 2 because of the slim fit? Thanks!
TTS however dont really like the fit of them. I prefer the unilqo perfect fit cargos.

I bought the olive LE cargos because of this thread....literally like 6 months ago.....got them for $20 free shipping. Love the fit....posted this pic earlier in the thread but now that they have resurfaced...the pants are great for the price
link to the pants bro?
http://www.landsend.com/pp/canvas-mens-slim-fit-cargo-pants~244552_-1.html
i wear a size 32 in the dockers alpha khakis.  do i go with a 32 in the LE?

Yeah I ordered it with the intention on mainly wearing it as untucked. I'm going to a play Friday so I'll wear it then and take pictures of it tucked in so I can I see how it looks that way.

To get a slimmer look, what measurement should I change?

Is your true waist really 38.5"? The 3rd pic looks the worst to me, you can see the extra fabric from the chest down just draping. Looks like it needs to be taken in from the sides and have darts in the back.

I probably put too much room in the waist then. I did the same thing with my tux from Indochino and just took it to a tailor and got it altered.

APC Petite Standard

Last edited:
any can help me out im looking to buy some brown wingtip shoes what color shirts would match best..im prob get something from express but i dont know what color would look best

any can help me out im looking to buy some brown wingtip shoes what color shirts would match best..im prob get something from express but i dont know what color would look best
What's your budget? Cole Haan is a great entry level shoe. They can be found at DSW and other online retailers. Browse GQ and this thread for shirt ideas.

What's your budget? Cole Haan is a great entry level shoe. They can be found at DSW and other online retailers. Browse GQ and this thread for shirt ideas.
no more then 100 on the shoes ill prob get like a light brown color for the wing-tips... i just need advice on a shirt to match. im going to wear some levis taper denim with it going out for my b-day

For the LE cargo pants, do I go true to size? or do i size up 1 or 2 because of the slim fit? Thanks!
TTS however dont really like the fit of them. I prefer the unilqo perfect fit cargos.

I bought the olive LE cargos because of this thread....literally like 6 months ago.....got them for $20 free shipping. Love the fit....posted this pic earlier in the thread but now that they have resurfaced...the pants are great for the price

link to the pants bro?

http://www.landsend.com/pp/canvas-mens-slim-fit-cargo-pants~244552_-1.html

i wear a size 32 in the dockers alpha khakis.  do i go with a 32 in the LE?

Great question. Can anyone answer this? I might still have a chance to get a pair.

APC NS work well for me
new standard? are they cut pretty big in the thigh and calf? i play bball and run track so kind of a stocky build...
i find myself having to buy pants/jeans with stretch but eventually they get too big, so it's an odd dilemma.....
so hoping to find a nice ft in selvedge....any less pricey brands?

NS are a slim straight, so they have a decent amount of space in the thigh and calf. I have a large "Seat" or butt and they work for me. I play bball aswell. The best selvedge at a decent price is Unbranded but they're denim is very tight around the waist in thigh. I sized up one and they still were way too tight on me :smh:

I'd just go with APC man.

*Prices as marked. Discount valid on the purchase of men's shirts at J.Crew Factory stores or jcrewfactory.com from March 6, 2013, 12:01am ET through March 12, 2013, 11:59pm ET only. Discount not valid in J.Crew stores, at jcrew.com or on phone orders. Discount cannot be applied to previous purchases or the purchase of gift cards and cannot be redeemed for cash. Valid in the U.S. and Canada only. Terms of offer are subject to change.

Going off of Adrian's earlier post...I also was wondering about this:

Since the thread is mostly tight knit as mentioned, I wanted to see if there's interest in networking beyond NT and dressing better. A lot of you guys (myself included) are relatively early on in the career stage. I thought it'd be cool to see where we all are at in 5 or 10 years, even though if we are no longer on NT. As I found out in life, in my little years of real world experience, networking is pretty darn important..be it for career or just life advice. I thought about making a new thread about this since it's not really DB related, but I fear the trolls may take over since this is NT afterall.

I think there is already a networking thread, unfortunately it's buried somewhere. Didn't see much trolling in it.

Back
Top Bottom