Dressing Better Vol 2.0

^
The guy in the middle is dressed warm except for him wearing those small loafers with no socks. Looks odd.
I agree, but some folks rock the look. My man Matt of Epaulet doesn't wear socks even in the cold NYC winter.
I don't know how he does it. I live in NY too and my feet get cold wearing heavy shoes and socks.

Camel peacoats look really nice but would get dirty real quick.

I don't know how he does it. I live in NY too and my feet get cold wearing heavy shoes and socks.
Why would camel peacoats get dirty really quick? How is this different than khaki colored suits and/or tweed jackets/pants?

My camel peacoat still look spotless.

To the guy looking at Aldens...try to buy from sites like Shoemart or Epaulet. No sales tax and shipping should be free. :smile:

The guy in question:

Last edited:
Why would camel peacoats get dirty really quick? How is this different than khaki colored suits and/or tweed jackets/pants?

My camel peacoat still look spotless.
When I go barhopping in the winter and am drunk traveling on public transportation, some of the dirt of the city will definitely get on my coat.

That's why I don't wear khakis when I go out. You never know what you'll sit on or if you'll spill something on it.

^
The guy in the middle is dressed warm except for him wearing those small loafers with no socks. Looks odd.
I agree, but some folks rock the look. My man Matt of Epaulet doesn't wear socks even in the cold NYC winter.

You gotta be mudding in a Camel Peacoat to get it dirty :lol:

Won't get any dirtier than anything is doing normal daily stuff

I just want to add my 2 cents, I don't think I can see myself paying for shoes from brands like Gucci, Prada, etc. at full price. I have no problem paying for fine shoemaker brands like C&J, Alden, etc. at full price though. The quality is very noticeable.

This is why the older folks really stray from the popular luxury brands. The train of thought is that if you have $10 million in the firm to spend, brands like Gucci, LV, etc. will spend a good portion on their brand awareness AKA marketing. So if you spend 40% on marketing, that leaves 60% for everything else so quality will suffer. Brands like C&J, Alden, Lobb, etc. rarely spend much on advertising thus allowing more money to focus on quality. Not trying to say one approach is better than the other, just want to throw it up here.

Need some advice.

I have a charcoal navy suit with light white pinstripes similar to this

what are some good tie, shirt, and sock options as far as color goes?  I'm wearing brown shoes and brown belt with it.

Had an itching for shiny sneakers this afternoon. Browsed some sites and saw my size in this so I took it was a sign :lol:

Last edited:
same as the pic.  Its just not Blue blue. Its darker, less bright navy
So it is like midnight blue. What is the occasion for? When in doubt, go with white shirt, it goes with everything. But a lot of other schemes will work too, just make sure the patterns don't clash.

I can see a gingham shirt with solid or striped tie working nicely if you want to play with patterns. I would avoid striped shirt though because it may clash with the pinstripes themselves.

Got a question that i hope someone can answer or relate to. I usually always have my hair cut low/buzzed cut. I want to change it up and grow my hair out a bit. Only thing stopping me is the fact i have a lot of grey hairs. I'm talking about straight salt and pepper. I like to think I'm still "young" being only 21, so having all this grey is weird but seems to run in the family. So what are some good hair styles for my situation? Im thinking short on the sides and a bit longer on the top. Any input?

Looks okay, but the blazer looks alittle big
I know that the sleeves can be taken in at least 1/2 inch but other than that idk what to tell y'all. The sizing is a medium. Sucks I know. I tried a small but it was under armor tight. Suggestions?

I know that the sleeves can be taken in at least 1/2 inch but other than that idk what to tell y'all. The sizing is a medium. Sucks I know. I tried a small but it was under armor tight. Suggestions?
This means the pattern is not a good fit for your physique. Try another brand and/or model.

Last edited:
For my dudes on the big and tall side, what sites or stores do you shop at, especially for pants

Good year welted wingtips, oxfords, cap toes for under $100 a good deal? 
Any Goodyear welted shoes for under $100 is a good deal to me. I've never seen any that cheap, the lowest I've seen would be the Chippewa/Red Wing at $200-300 level.

That's what I was thinking.. Galleries Lafayette had their in house Paris collection on sale different styles ranging from $70-$125usd for some great quality shoes. I passed 
mad.gif
, but i'm sure the sale will hit again.. I hope.

Back
Top Bottom