Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Not dressy and not black.
When someone needs a black pair of shoes thatc an be both work casually and somewhat dressier, I always suggest a derby/blucher, something simple with a nice last/silhouette like these:

Can easily go with denim or navy or grey slack/chinos.
The last looks pretty nice, not too bulbous, but not pointy.

so im looking for a black shoe, that i can wear sort of casually but have it be a bit dressy...
sort of like an alternative for my clarks DB in beezwax, but black... i dont like the black DB's....
any suggestions...

I dont like the all black DB's either, but the matte black joints were money. My girl copped them for me 2 Christmas's ago. They used to be available at David Z, but they're sold out right now.

Don't forget the Desert Troopers too.

sorry to be picky, maybe something a bit more casual haha...but thanks for the response

Kind of had a feeling you were straddling the cau side a little bit more. I'd go with the Cole Haan Lunar wing tips.

RFX, those with jeans, "blah". Just my opinion. Yes it can be pulled off, no I don't like it.

any place to get them other than cole haan?

Nordstrom has the Lunargrands too. I'm not sure if they have the leather ones though...

how is a jacket/bubble vest suposed to fit? loose or tight?
i copped two... one that fits like extra perfect when closed and one that fits looser when closed
which one do i keep?
help
You should have some extra room but not a lot. Hope that helps.

Man. I wish I never sold my Padmore&Barnes x Supreme Wallys.

Stupid ex-girlfriend. stupid me being a simp and a fool.

/rant

sniffle sniffle tears

Last edited:
idk man. i see jose bank, mens warehouse and i often shudder

men's wearhouse carries modern/slim fits now from brands like Joseph Abboud, Calvin Kein, Tommy Hilfiger, Kenneth Cole, etc. They had this one brand, Tallia (sp?) that fit really nice compared to the other slim fit brands. they should have a section for slim fit suits, just ask for it when they ask if you need help.

i believe Jos A. Banks offer slim fit suits now but I have not stepped foot in that store for years.

they have to keep up with the times

For us budget dressing better folks....

Lands end canvas having a really good sale. Chambray shirt marked from $60 down to $30 then 30% off that. Just bought that and a poplin button down for $44 total shipped (shipping was free too)

Buy a lint brush at Jos A. Bank, get the lease to the building. :lol:

They have the most ludicrous sales. :lol:

For us budget dressing better folks....
Lands end canvas having a really good sale. Chambray shirt marked from $60 down to $30 then 30% off that. Just bought that and a poplin button down for $44 total shipped (shipping was free too)
Buy a lint brush at Jos A. Bank, get the lease to the building.
laugh.gif

They have the most ludicrous sales.
laugh.gif
That is the truth.  I did get several shoe trees for about $7 a piece a while back though.

Bama, i'ma a fan of LE's Canvas line. Got some slim navy chinos by them on right now. Super comfortable, super soft.

Couldnt hurt to try it for for yourself with that ongoing sale.

Tempted at getting a couple of shoe trees since they drop to $7.50 but the shipping cost doesn't make it worth it, I can go to NR and get them for $13. Any free shipping codes with no minimum out there?

I don't think I've ever posted in here but I've been lurking for quite some time, and I check up on Wisith's tumblr for some interesting fashion draw.

Thought I would drop by and point out that one of the pictures he reposted by womensweardaily is of a guy I went to high school with. He was just a regular guy that played football and was going to play in college. All of a sudden he dropped it, went to Cali to model and looks like he has blown up somewhat. I thought it was neat.

Anyway, good stuff from all of you guys, keep this thread going positive, it is a great read.

Neiman Marcus Last Call is having an additional 30% off sale online and store - Use code FRIEND

Are denim shirts and jackets included in the challenge?

My entry for the denim challenge.

Tempted at getting a couple of shoe trees since they drop to $7.50 but the shipping cost doesn't make it worth it, I can go to NR and get them for $13. Any free shipping codes with no minimum out there?

Wondering/asking the exact same thing.

Bama, i'ma a fan of LE's Canvas line. Got some slim navy chinos by them on right now. Super comfortable, super soft.
Couldnt hurt to try it for for yourself with that ongoing sale.

I have to agree. I shop frequently at LE's canvas. I haven't been disappointed yet.

^ Yes I believe so, slim fit chambray shirt from J Crew for my entry, grey chambray cotton PS from the tie bar:

Glad to see the mini Zuckerberg fro is gone. lol

Nice outfit. I'm not a fan of the folding and set up of the pocket square. That's just me tho. as you were 8)

Back
Top Bottom