Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Wisith, I think I fell in love with that girl you posted on your Tumblr :lol:

:wow:

I absolutely love this picture. It can be a low key BMW ad :lol:
tumblr_mdzfqmS0iU1rsrango1_500.jpg
IDK how you guys do it, but isn't it annoying carrying a bag?

other than it looking mad feminine, isn't it annoying? and most guys don't even carry much stuff to warrant a bag

I don't think it is feminine to carry a bag (though it depends, some does carry a purse but that is their choice) but sometimes I do want to bring a duffle with me because I want to bring my DSLR around with a few other accessories like my iPad, gum, house keys etc.... but in the end, it does get annoying. I prefer my arms/hands be free so I just stuff what I can in my pockets, mostly just wallet, phone, chapstick, car keys and housekeys (which I usually just leave in the car).

I just got an iPhone 5 so hopefully that will solve the "I want to carry a good camera w/o a big bulge in my pocket" dilemma.

I don't think it is feminine to carry a bag (though it depends, some does carry a purse but that is their choice) but sometimes I do want to bring a duffle with me because I want to bring my DSLR around with a few other accessories like my iPad, gum, house keys etc.... but in the end, it does get annoying. I prefer my arms/hands be free so I just stuff what I can in my pockets, mostly just wallet, phone, chapstick, car keys and housekeys (which I usually just leave in the car).
I just got an iPhone 5 so hopefully that will solve the "I want to carry a good camera w/o a big bulge in my pocket" dilemma.
It's not femme to carry a bag. It just has to be big enough, fitting your proportions, in order for you to pull it off. I carry one, and due to my business it's necessary. There are several from Cole Haan that are very masculine and sharp. Also, my favorite company for things such as this is called Il Bisonte, and they have some really hip stuff. They are a little pricey, but well worth it.

Speaking of bags... I usually carry my backpack... (see cowboy below)

I guess it only works when I don't have a dress shirt, blazer, suit jackets, etc. Dressy items. Do they make a backpack that is also a duffel bag? Or is that a cool invention I need to hop on?

Whats a good duffel bag for a good price out there? 8)

Last edited:
other than it looking mad feminine, isn't it annoying? and most guys don't even carry much stuff to warrant a bag
i usually got actual **** to carry and i use a portfolio style bag (bit bigger then the one pictured). i also throw my lunch in there as well as work documents. 

...but honestly, i hate carrying bags even my backpack. if i buy lunch, i dont carry anything and its quite liberating. 

i want the duluth pack safari portfolio. i hate messengers (too bulky) and like canvas more. 

I carry a bag everyday to work with me. I took off the strap and carry it by the handles as I feel that bags looks a lot better without the strap. I personally need it to carrry whatever I may have to take home from work. I used to do a backpack and many guys at work do so as well but I personally don't like carrying a backpack. There's something about wearing trousers, a shirt, a tie, blazer or sweater and then throwing on a back pack that doesn't make sense or look right to me. I have a dark brown leather bag but have been looking into getting a black leather one as well. My wife got me the Coach Transatlantic Leather Commuter about 2 years ago. Thanks to a friend she got it for half of the retail price. Their return policy is pretty great too, my lining tore in a place where it couldn't be repaired so they replaced the bag, and this over a year after.

Feminine? I don't think so. I don't see anything feminine about carrying a proper bag/briefcase. But like LONGSTROKE said, is the bag feminine itself, then that's different.

Speaking of bags... I usually carry my backpack... (see cowboy below)

I guess it only works when I don't have a dress shirt, blazer, suit jackets, etc. Dressy items. Do they make a backpack that is also a duffel bag? Or is that a cool invention I need to hop on?
Whats a good duffel bag for a good price out there? 8)

http://www.herschelsupply.com/

And reasonably priced.

It's not femme to carry a bag. It just has to be big enough, fitting your proportions, in order for you to pull it off. I carry one, and due to my business it's necessary. There are several from Cole Haan that are very masculine and sharp. Also, my favorite company for things such as this is called Il Bisonte, and they have some really hip stuff. They are a little pricey, but well worth it.

Oh yeah when I said by some carry a purse, some do carry bags like this:

And believe me, I went to Barneys this weekend to check out the sale in person and I'd say 1 out of every 4 of the guys were carrying a bag like that. Again nothing wrong with that, it's their choice but it's not for me.

If I really do carry something, it'll be one of my slingbacks backpack, a simple duffle or a little travel bag but I have done that once mainly because I just use my camera slingback bag, I just start to look like a tourist.

Last edited:

Even if someone doesn't have "stuff" to carry a lot of people have hard copies of papers and documents they need to take with them. I could see someone not wanting to deal with the bulk and weight of a briefcase and opting for a messenger bad instead.

idk, i guess what i was really trying to get at was that i think its over accessorizing, i have stuff to carry too, but it all fits in a zip-up leather binder

as a whole, i think most of the posts are losing focus, clothes are supposed to flatter you, YOU'RE wearing the clothes/accessories

a lot of you guys are just posting a bunch of cool pieces that look awesome, but your clothes look better than YOU

dressing better is all about looking natural and your pieces working, which is why many times the little GQ pieces or articles you guys try to pull off don't really work

a lot of you guys are just posting a bunch of cool pieces that look awesome, but your clothes look better than YOU

I'm not sure what that means? Does that mean if you are ugly then you do not deserve good looking clothes/accessories?
I am not sure what "YOU" means in that statement.

idk, i guess what i was really trying to get at was that i think its over accessorizing, i have stuff to carry too, but it all fits in a zip-up leather binder
as a whole, i think most of the posts are losing focus, clothes are supposed to flatter you, YOU'RE wearing the clothes/accessories
dressing better is all about looking natural and your pieces working, which is why many times the little GQ pieces or articles you guys try to pull off don't really work

I kind of feel you but I know you know that statements like this have the potential to open a can of worms.

Looking fresh out of a GQ shoot or something a long the lines of some of the fits posted here will never be my style, but we all know this stuff is subjective and it's tough to make a call like the bold above when talking about others.

In most cases I don't see see how a simple bag would be over accessorizing. Hell IMO a bag is the most practical accessory there is.

Last edited:
technically that is briefcase not really a bag. i dont know how that could be feminine at all

Back
Top Bottom