Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Polo been making varsity jackets since forever

iu

A fad is something that goes away
That is not necessarily true.

Plaid shirts have always been available - there's a pretty big hype about them recently especially with the SLP influence, and now you see similar variations at Uniqlo/F21/H&M. Not too long ago Balenciaga biker jeans were big, Zara copied them and sold them. The fad has no passed, they're still available, but you don't see them quite as often. White Chuck Taylor's have been available for years, but now you see every female ages 12-30 wearing them. Colored chino's were always around, in the past few years you saw a rise in popularity and now they even have them at JC Penny. I could go on and on......

Seems like you're using the word fad very loosely. A rise in popularity is not a fad.

Bruh chuck Taylors are a fad now?

You must be young

You clearly don't know what you're talking about

Next you gonna tell me white t-shirts and blue jeans are a fad

That is not necessarily true.

Plaid shirts have always been available - there's a pretty big hype about them recently especially with the SLP influence, and now you see similar variations at Uniqlo/F21/H&M. Not too long ago Balenciaga biker jeans were big, Zara copied them and sold them. The fad has no passed, they're still available, but you don't see them quite as often. White Chuck Taylor's have been available for years, but now you see every female ages 12-30 wearing them. Colored chino's were always around, in the past few years you saw a rise in popularity and now they even have them at JC Penny. I could go on and on......

Holy ****, you guys seriously can't be this obtuse.

I said these things have always been around, but there's a gain in popularity, also known a fad. Here in Dallas if you go to the mall you will see a bunch of girls wearing white Chuck Taylors. Two years ago there were a handful of people that wore them, but not as many as there are now, because it is a recent fad. Like someone said earlier, fashion is cyclical. Someone famous or a bunch of bloggers start wearing something, a lot of people start wearing it. Slowly the interest peaks and slowly fades away. There will still be people who wear it after the popularity dies down. 

I see his point, maybe "FAD" is the wrong word.

From my understanding, at least with the Chuck Taylor example.. that silhouette is a timeless staple (classic), but over the years its popularity "trends" or cycles in and out.

The right word is "trend" I believe.

Last edited:
Reactions: ASE
Wat in your opinion is popular now in fashion that is not a fad
I enjoy fashion, and conversations about fashion, so even if you disagree with my opinions, I appreciate the dialogue and your approach at disagreeing with me.

Isn't most fashion just a bunch of fads? An item is popular one season, and by the next year another item replaces it. Some pieces just stay popular longer than others. 

Then again there are staples in a man's wardrobe that can be considered timeless pieces.
but you truly wildin on that chucks comment b 
laugh.gif
Maybe it's a Dallas thing, but every girl wears white Chuck Taylors now. This is something I've noticed more recently.

Edit: I agree Chucks have been around for ages, and people will continue to wear them for ages to come. I used to have a couple pairs in different colors. The difference is when you see a large population of people wearing the same exact shoe, in the same exact color, it becomes a fad in my book.

Last edited:
At this point I'm ready to buy a dollar bottle of Poland spring and just throw that **** in your face.
Why don't you purify yourself in the waters of Lake Minnetonka
Exfoliate your face B.
I wish I understood this joke. 
I see his point, maybe "FAD" is the wrong word.

From my understanding, at least with the Chuck Taylor example.. that silhouette is a timeless staple (classic), but over the years its popularity "trends" or cycles in and out.

The right word is "trend" I believe.
'Trend' and 'Fad' are synonymous. 
Y'all bored today.
I'm not going to deny that. 
This rms cat sounds elitist
Quoted for posterity. 

Back
Top Bottom