Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Everything yall like is a fad apparently lol.

Why don't yall just change the thread title to we don't like Adrian
How is saying that a varsity is a fad interpreted as "we (I) don't like Adrian"? There is nothing wrong with fads, it's just good to discern between a fad and a staple. Hell, right now I'm wearing black skinny jeans and chelsea boots. 

It's all personal preference I guess. What may be a fad to you may be a staple for me. Look at leather perfectos, and denim truckers. They've also gained in popularity recently but there have always been people who wore them religiously.

It's not a fad until Kanye wears it...

To the homie trying to front like varsitys are a fad, you need to find the nearest water fountain and wash your face.

Up tick in popularity? sure.

Technically that's what a fad is, but fad has a negative connotation so you're going to get pushback on that.

On the part about you not seeing them 5 years ago, isn't that exactly the last time they were really popular? When ToJ was at it's peak and a bunch of brands were making them? I wore one from Esprit yesterday that j got around that time, which leads me to believe I'm right if esprit was making it.

Even the SLP one been around since 2011-2012

It's part of their permanent collection

Last edited:
I think a big reason cats may think theyre fads is social media....tumblr...ig etc.

its easy to see and get inspirations or wateva from anywhere as opposed to wen u actually had 2 go sumwere to see what cats are wearing or wats new.

Buncha dudes wit varsitys on blogs...street styles....ig....may look faddish but it really is not.

Haven't heard that brand in a min

Last edited:

When did this become popular?

awwwww thats cute. make sure u hit the follow button and double tap!!!!!!!

edit: which reminds me since @marmourjr  hit me with the follow the other day (love your page bro), whats everyone's IG? mine is @internationalchestday

Last edited:
Just got the email from Articles of Style about their bespoke clothing. I think I'm going to try it out and get fitted for either a suit and/or overcoat

Varsity Jackets been around forever. From the baggy Mitchell and ness era, to the Supreme street wear era, to this era.

I do think the military green or black and orange bombers are a trend though. Big Flight jackets were hot back in the baggy era, then Ye started rocking them again with the visvims, and boom...here we are.

It's a clean look when done right though. Those trench length flight jackets that have been popping up lately are trash.

whats the pricing looking like?

first paragraph

Our first collection (launching October 1st) is inspired by the classics of American tailoring, but updated and unstructured for the modern gentleman. It includes bespoke suits ($995 and up), bespoke sport coats ($795 and up), bespoke trousers ($395 and up), bespoke waistcoats ($295 and up), bespoke shirts ($195 and up) and bespoke outerwear ($1,095 and up).

We don't do measurements. We do fittings. This allows our team of expert tailors and pattern-makers to personally review the unique shape and proportions of your body.

As a first-time client, in 2-3 weeks you will receive a basted fitting garment that is custom made just for you, based on your client profile information. The fitting process is as easy as taking photos in the fitting garment and answering questions about your fit preferences.

All fittings are personally reviewed by Dan Trepanier and our experienced tailoring team. We make full bespoke adjustments including corrections for your unique posture, shoulder slopes, weight distribution, head & arm position, etc. Your final bespoke garment will arrive in 4-6 weeks after your basted fitting.

The best part is, it's a one-time fitting process. We save your unique pattern for all future orders, giving you access to "one-click bespoke" on all Articles of Style garments.

Articles of Style garments are made by Southwick Clothing; a legendary manufacturer of fine American tailoring since 1929. It doesn't get much more "Classic American" than Southwick. They’ve clothed presidents, cultural icons, and now, you.

You can expect luxury fabrics, real chest canvass, unstructured shoulders, genuine horn buttons, working sleeve cuffs, and enough seam allowance to accommodate for future alterations - because AOS garments are designed to grow old with you.

For our initial launch we can only service clients in the United States & Canada. However, it shouldn't be long before we can offer our tailoring services worldwide.

If you’re interested in becoming one of our first clients when we launch on October 1st, you should reply to this email immediately with your name and country. Since each of our clients will receive personal fitting attention, we can only accommodate a limited number of Articles of Style readers.

The first 100 people to reply will receive invitations to become the first 100 clients of Articles of Style Tailoring. If your reply comes after the first 100, your email will be automatically added to our waitlist. As we gradually roll-out the collection to more clients, invites will be distributed in the same order as the replies.

Last edited:
Reactions: JPS
Varsity Jackets been around forever. From the baggy Mitchell and ness era, to the Supreme street wear era, to this era.

I do think the military green or black and orange bombers are a trend though. Big Flight jackets were hot back in the baggy era, then Ye started rocking them again with the visvims, and boom...here we are.

It's a clean look when done right though. Those trench length flight jackets that have been popping up lately are trash.
everything is elongated these days smh. i don't think every article of clothing should have a long version.

my inspiration comes from military clothing, rick owens, and basically grown up versions of what i grew up w streetwear.

everything is elongated these days smh. i don't think every article of clothing should have a long version.

my inspiration comes from military clothing, rick owens, and basically grown up versions of what i grew up w streetwear.

If this isn't the definition of irony, I don't know what is.

Last edited:
No it isn't. Just because I like elongated tees don't mean I would cop an elongated flight jacket.

Nice try though. U still pretending to be a photographer or whatever identity theft u tried to pull a few years ago?

I like the longline tee movement. Probably will be just another fad but for now, I like it.

F21 at $14.90. :lol: :pimp:

Last edited:
I'm still mad that you bamboozled us into thinking you were some obese dude when you talked about cutting weight lol.

Dope ink my brother!

Back
Top Bottom