Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I don't act catty in here any more or use government names unless I've met the person because I was reported for throwing shade. Was really just joking around though. Me and homie cool now.

Edit: And don't front diego diego you love the cattyness. I'm honestly not sure I'd see you post in here if not :lol:

Last edited:
This thread is so catty.

What's everyone thoughts on a well fitting double breasted suit? Fad or more of a solid staple peice that's here to stay?

Just got the email from Articles of Style about their bespoke clothing. I think I'm going to try it out and get fitted for either a suit and/or overcoat
:\ Dan actually contacted me about helping out with their lookbook but they decided to do all the shoots in LA

Was hoping to come up on some free ish :lol:

Last edited:
Fashion is cyclical
I think this is what I was trying to say. 
To the homie trying to front like varsitys are a fad, you need to find the nearest water fountain and wash your face.
I think this is in reference to me. If this is the case, please rephrase what you're trying to say because I don't know what washing my face in a water fountain means.
Up tick in popularity? sure.

Technically that's what a fad is, but fad has a negative connotation so you're going to get pushback on that.

On the part about you not seeing them 5 years ago, isn't that exactly the last time they were really popular? When ToJ was at it's peak and a bunch of brands were making them? I wore one from Esprit yesterday that j got around that time, which leads me to believe I'm right if esprit was making it.
In no way was I saying that it was a bad thing, I really like varsity's now. 5+ years ago, there's no way I would say it's a fashion piece. 

[thread="500141"]Quote:[/thread]
Fashion is cyclical

I think this is what I was trying to say. 
To the homie trying to front like varsitys are a fad, you need to find the nearest water fountain and wash your face.

I think this is in reference to me. If this is the case, please rephrase what you're trying to say because I don't know what washing my face in a water fountain means.

Up tick in popularity? sure.

Technically that's what a fad is, but fad has a negative connotation so you're going to get pushback on that.

On the part about you not seeing them 5 years ago, isn't that exactly the last time they were really popular? When ToJ was at it's peak and a bunch of brands were making them? I wore one from Esprit yesterday that j got around that time, which leads me to believe I'm right if esprit was making it.

In no way was I saying that it was a bad thing, I really like varsity's now. 5+ years ago, there's no way I would say it's a fashion piece. 
This is Pharell ~2004
14267979775848.jpg

This lv satin baseball jacket came out 2009
photo.jpg

Last edited:
Dude don't know what he talking about with his varsity jackets being a new trend nonsense.

He needs to find the nearest indoor pool and use that bleached water to wash his face.

What's everyone thoughts on a well fitting double breasted suit? Fad or more of a solid staple peice that's here to stay?
They are definitely gaining more popularity. If you find one in a more conservative cut I'm sure it will stay relevant for quite some time.
Dude don't know what he talking about with his varsity jackets being a new trend nonsense.

He needs to find the nearest indoor pool and use that bleached water to wash his face.
I said the increase of popularity of varsity jackets is a new thing. Example: pretty much all fast fashion stores having them. 

So you're using fad and fashion piece interchangeably? In that case I think I get what you're saying.

Ok let me clarify my thoughts on varsity jackets, since for some reason a majority of people took offense to what I said. 

Fads are not a negative thing. Recently varsity jackets have gained more popularity recently as a fashion item. They are being sold in fast fashion places that usually thrive on items that are fads - not staples. I do not refute the fact that people have worn them in the past (examples above of Kanye, Jay-Z, Pharell), but the mainstream popularity of the jacket has not been there as it is now.

I forsee a conversation in this thread in 6 months on MA-1's and if they're a fad or a staple item.

Polo been making varsity jackets since forever

iu

iu

A fad is something that goes away

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom