Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Style forum vs NT wars
SF stands no chance against hood cats of NT.

A lot of these dudes are super introverts who go online to take out their anger :lol:

SF is the only place where a frail kid can bully a brolic dude for "not getting fashun".

Was curious so i checked out one of sfs wdywt sections

These stood out

I think i saw this guy order a bloody mary at the club

Probably going to an rem concert

Pretty sure i bought some vintage vinyl from this guy at the flea market

The manager at sears on the weekend 8)

If any of those guys are your buddies I was just playin.

Theres some nice fits on there.

Alot better than me

Nah, there's some good stuff on that forum. I go there a lot if I'm looking for guidance or want info on a brand I'm not accustomed to.

But man seeing a short sleeve patterned shirt and jeans posted on a style forum just was a surprise to me. I guess you can't dress like Adrian everyday.:lol:

Last edited:
We got time fellas.

Hi Adrian,

Very sorry for my late reply. I just finished shipping out the latest batch which has taken all my time this week.

Grey calf suede will be available in November / December.

All the best, Lian

That buster still hasn't hit me back

Last edited:
I adopted the engineer uniform. T shirt is tucked in.

Last edited:
Nah, there's some good stuff on that forum. I go there a lot if I'm looking for guidance or want info on a brand I'm not accustomed to.

But man seeing a short sleeve patterned shirt and jeans posted on a style forum just was a surprise to me. I guess you can't dress like Adrian everyday.:lol:
I spend most days in black denim :rofl:

The classic mw wdywt is clean 8)

Saw some nters on there.

Pretty sure i bought some vintage vinyl from this guy at the flea market
I'v been on SF for 6 years so take my word for it when I say this is the only fit that is a real representation of the SWD WAYRN. The first pic you posted (purple shirt) is a pic from 2012 or so and the guy (Eason) doesn't post any more. The 2nd guy in the floral shirt is a Classic Menswear guy who just started posting fits in SWD. The last guy is brand new has posted 3 horrible fits asking for advice.

The picture above is a solid poster/member. Wears mostly Engineered garments, but most of his fits are true to the aesthetic of the brands he wears.

--

And Adrian -------- worsted wool burgundy?????? Do you have any pics/inspo for that? I'm just picturing worsted wool burgundy and it isn't clicking in my mind. 

The classic mw wdywt is clean 8)

Saw some nters on there.
SF covers all ranges of fashion. It's just not GQ stuff which you may think. SF loathes GQ actually...the skin tight and tie for no reason look.

Those outfits posted are ok because they're casual outfits.

There's a lot of stuff that NT and the general public won't get like the whole loose suits appeal. You would think they're dressed like senior citizens playing checker at the local mall.

working in in-house accounting that just changed their dress policy to year round casual, I can legitimately do whatever I want.

manager already recognizes how strong and effective I am on my team only 3 months in. today I'm in a tee, waxed denim, and yeezys and a few days back I was full on suited. as long as my work gets done, him, along with upper management, couldn't give a **** what I wear :lol:

therefore, whenever I decide, next suit will be burgundy for sure lol. dat dere freedom :pimp:

Current job is full casual too. Still prepping for the next one. Def underpaid here

RMS, worsted wool is the composition on most suits. Your most regular kind of fabric lol.

Variants would be: flannel, hopsack, linen, mohair (serg's suggestion), etc along with blends. List is too vast for me to cover but yeah, worsted is your norm.

I know what worsted wool is, I'm just confused as to why you would want a worsted wool burgundy suit. It's a conservative/formal fabric. I would think if one were to get something in burgundy you would opt for a fabric with more texture to make it more casual. When I hear worsted wool burgundy suit I think of suits from the 70s/80s

I plan on wear the burgundy suit in a more formal fashion. More times than not, it will be paired with a black silk bowtie or grenadine tie.

And texture does not necessarily make it more casual. More than a handful of tuxedos are made from mohair (mine included).

As for thinking 70's/80's that makes no sense to me at all. As stated, the norm for suits is worsted wool. Unless you opt for something like a flannel or a tweed...its gonna be worsted man.

edit: ah you mean when you hear "burgundy worsted wool". Yeah, I still don't see where you are getting 70's/80's but hey, everyone perceives things differently.

Last edited:
SF covers all ranges of fashion. It's just not GQ stuff which you may think. SF loathes GQ actually...the skin tight and tie for no reason look.

Those outfits posted are ok because they're casual outfits.

There's a lot of stuff that NT and the general public won't get like the whole loose suits appeal. You would think they're dressed like senior citizens playing checker at the local mall.

Yea after looking thru all the wdyw posts its really the whole spectrum.

Not eem mad.

Nice forum.

Looked through the last couple pages.
Definitely not getting a black suit

I am looking to get a suit I can use for client meetings.
Im thinking dark Blue
But I don't know where to get a good quality suit. Definitely don't want a Macys one
Im willing to spend $500 on a great suit. or maybe 2 suits
What brands do you guys recommend?

You can learn a ton on SF if you care to actually read through some of the threads.
From fashion to eats to career. Over 70 percent of the members on there command 6 figure income and a good portion are in the 7-8.

I use the forum a lot for professional growth behind closed door with the older members I respect.

Back
Top Bottom