Dressing Better Vol 2.0

He's a one man show. I had to follow up as well.
It's getting $$ now for housing?
Both places caught my attention because economy is booming and cost of living is lower.

Will holler if I come through the A!
Please do.  We can eat and party at STK.  Eat steaks like men with money. (laughing)

http://stkhouse.com/

Last edited:
Hacked is a feature on a more casual suit.

If I had to own a black suit, I'd likely go besom/jetted with no additional pockets and peak lapels. Maybe even one button. Variant tuxedo flow.

Thought about this, but then I might as well have gotten a tux :lol:

I've heard that proper funeral attire is black if you are family/closely related to the deceased. Charcoal or navy for guests that are not closely linked. That way you give respect to those that are grieving. Or something along the lines of that

If I had to own a black suit, I'd likely go besom/jetted with no additional pockets and peak lapels. Maybe even one button. Variant tuxedo flow.

Completely understand your point lol. I think I'd do this moreso because I already have a midnight blue DB (peak) tuxedo.

Next one I cop would be black shawl as well so I wouldn't have to worry so much about a black peak suit clashing.

navy/charcoal suit with a black tie is perfectly fine for a funeral. I've gone charcoal jacket/black pants before and the fashion police didn't show up.

bought a black john varvatos blazer at nr for $35, it's my nye go-to now. otherwise I don't see a reason to wear a black suit to a business setting.

Completely understand your point lol. I think I'd do this moreso because I already have a midnight blue DB (peak) tuxedo.

Next one I cop would be black shawl as well so I wouldn't have to worry so much about a black peak suit clashing.

I've thought long and hard about tuxes with shawl collars. Decided it's just not for me. My shoulders are far too broad for my slim waist to be wearing a shawl collar. I tried a few on last year and it just didn't look right. Went ahead with the peak lapel.

depends on width of shawl but good to hear folks picking up on balance like that.

whenever its in, I'm sure the thread would appreciate some fit pics and info on where you copped from

What other threads on this forum do y'all follow? I joined the forum only recently and only follow this thread

I was just reading up on the balmain x hm collab set for nov, are these collabs tough to get or can you walk into a local HM and grab what you need?

Nope, as expected. I reached out to S2A themselves, and customer service was great. I ended up getting that leather MA1 I posted pages back.

I had my eye on a cafe racer styled jacket but looks like it's gone in my size now. Did you have to size up with yours?

good price on white denim for my fellow stans out there.

Naked & Famous Ivory Power Stretch

***nordstrom link***

Last edited:
I think the word "standard" is being misused. I think he originally meant what he sees most men wearing in his office.

No I mean literally the standard. Many accountants are conservative pricks. A partner of McGladery (or Grant Thornthon, I met so many people networking at the time I couldnt remember who is who) once told me that he doesnt hire anyone who shows up to an interview with him if they wear a suit that isnt black or a shirt that isnt white or blue. You can wear whatever color you want after you get hired. I already work in the field but I will be applying for a better job soon enough. THEN Ill start copping my blue, and flannel, and plaid and whatever other colored suits.

Ever since that that talk I have been scared of anything non conservative in this industry. You can go to job fairs for accounting and I guarantee 541681165156/541681165157 people will be wearing black.

Also I am sure it depends on region too. Chicago is the least fashionable megacity there is.

Last edited:
I've done it twice. First one was too small second was nearly perfect until I washed it and it was unwearable. The collar roll was perfect though. Think in the additional notes part of whatever it's called I asked for unfused collars with a 9.5cm collar point

how'd it become unwearable after a wash?

I was just reading up on the balmain x hm collab set for nov, are these collabs tough to get or can you walk into a local HM and grab what you need?
It depends on the production numbers. Margiela collab did a huge amount and most pieces went on sale. Others like Lanvin sold out instantly. I foresee a lot of swagboys getting this collab :lol:

I had my eye on a cafe racer styled jacket but looks like it's gone in my size now. Did you have to size up with yours?
No, but again I got the measurements from S2A. I also called the NY store to chat with an SA who provided me real measurements. As stated S2A sizing is all over the place. I range anywhere from small to large.

What other threads on this forum do y'all follow? I joined the forum only recently and only follow this thread
I officially joined NT in 2002 or so but I just browse general section. Don't "follow" anything really.

I chose the colors myself. Was just grabbing a clearance wool suit while it was on sale. Black is the standard in accounting so I need 2 or 3 black ones.

They are just intro Jos A Bank suits anyway, until I can afford something better.

Black :smh: Mulitple blacks :x

Your homie is not your homie if he's okay with you going to Jos A Bank. As Wis suggested, navy and charcoal would be better IMO

I'm an accountant, and I've NEVER heard of this so called "black suit standard" in my life (because obviously, it doesn't exist). Every job fair I went to during college suggested grey or navy suits for interviews at a Big 4 firm.

Also, accountants work in every industry on earth, so you can't even put a "standard" for them. At my current firm I wear nice clothes to my "high end" clients, and I wear jeans and casual boots/"dressier" sneakers to clients that are startups. We team up with accountants from KPMG, Deloitte, etc. during audits and those dudes don't wear suits at all.

If someone told you that he wouldn't hire someone not dressed in a black suit, then that employer insane and a complete idiot that you shouldn't be working for anyway

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom