Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I chose the colors myself. Was just grabbing a clearance wool suit while it was on sale. Black is the standard in accounting so I need 2 or 3 black ones.

They are just intro Jos A Bank suits anyway, until I can afford something better.

Black is standard in accounting? I guess Adrian and my CPA friends didn't get the memo :lol:

I know accounting can be strict and trad in terms of color selection but black is a new one for me. I personally wouldn't get 2-3 black suits. They aren't getting worn out from sitting on an Aeron chair all day.

Yo Mike. You still in the A? Going to either visit ATL or Houston around my bday in Novemver. What's good with the scene?
 Yes I am. I can't really speak for Houston (never been) but I heard Houston is popping.

I don't get out much in Atlanta as I used to but St. Andrews East District is the place to be. Bars, Mixed Crowd, And FUN TIMES. 

Atlanta is changing tremendously.  Starting to almost be like a New York (expensive and upscale).

Last edited:
Black is not the standard in accounting bro. There legitimately is no standard in accounting.

But business? Yeah that would be charcoal and navy.

Adrian*

And I never wore a silk scarf except for when in a tuxedo. That was a thrift find so I can't link you but the only place I can think of that may help you is Drake's. Pricey for sure though.

Your boy Lian slacking with the emailing back. I'm waiting on his size advice and the PayPal link.

Most of my friends and family who own a suit, it's usually black. Since we were talking about accountants, my friend is one and was talking about getting a new suit. He wanted a black one. I told him a navy one would be better but he was set on black. My professor who is also a lawyer, would wear black suits.

Last edited:
Only place I can think of would be a wait staff at a restaurant, morgue or funeral home, or people working in fashion. IDK anywhere else where dressing in black would be a standard.

I think the word "standard" is being misused. I think he originally meant what he sees most men wearing in his office.

literally never dealt with Lian ever fella. I sent an email myself the other day with no reply yet.

I just advocate the brand to help others. my only experience was holding instagram's boots and recognizes the insane quality for the price point :lol:

Yo Mike. You still in the A? Going to either visit ATL or Houston around my bday in Novemver. What's good with the scene?

I got people in Atlanta, and it's always a good time. It's third on my list after Vegas and New York. Well, fourth, because the chi is home.

Yeah, I meant standard as in a popular option and one I see a lot. Black suits seem taboo in here but is ok in the outside world. It is weird going to department stores and seeing all the male employees wearing black suits. I guess it's to make them all look similar kinda like a uniform but it's boring.

Most of my friends and family who own a suit, it's usually black. Since we were talking about accountants, my friend is one and was talking about getting a new suit. He wanted a black one. I told him a navy one would be better but he was set on black. My professor who is also a lawyer, would wear black suits.

Unless you're at a funeral, a nightclub or black tie event, its always hard not to look like wait-staff or a Jehovah's Witness prothlesizer when you wear a black suit.

Last edited:
Thinking about definitely gettin my fit right, just not tryna spend a lot of money doing it. A struggle for the tall slim brothas out here :smh:

Your boy Lian slacking with the emailing back. I'm waiting on his size advice and the PayPal link.
He's a one man show. I had to follow up as well.

Yes I am. I can't really speak for Houston (never been) but I heard Houston is popping.

I don't get out much in Atlanta as I used to but St. Andrews East District is the place to be. Bars, Mixed Crowd, And FUN TIMES. 

Atlanta is changing tremendously.  Starting to almost be like a New York (expensive and upscale).
It's getting $$ now for housing?
Both places caught my attention because economy is booming and cost of living is lower.

Will holler if I come through the A!

Yeah, I meant standard as in a popular option and one I see a lot. Black suits seem taboo in here but is ok in the outside world. It is weird going to department stores and seeing all the male employees wearing black suits. I guess it's to make them all look similar kinda like a uniform but it's boring.
To non fashion oriented folks, black suit is goat. Regardless of industry.

The black suit is a never ending debate on SF. I can't own one so I went with charcoal.

To non fashion oriented folks, black suit is goat. Regardless of industry.

The black suit is a never ending debate on SF. I can't own one so I went with charcoal.

I personally own a black suit and made sure it was extremely aggressive (hacked pockets w/ ticket, well tailored, two-button). Needless to say, it has only been worn during evening occasions.

Hacked is a feature on a more casual suit.

If I had to own a black suit, I'd likely go besom/jetted with no additional pockets and peak lapels. Maybe even one button. Variant tuxedo flow.

I've worn charcoal and navy to funerals. No issues.

but in theory, the same could be said regarding black for business.

I've seen dudes in khakis, shirt and tie at semi-formal weddings… just cause it can be done and no one alerted you to any "issues", doesn't make it appropriate. 

Legitimately nothing inappropriate about a charcoal or navy suit at a funeral. Other things take precedent over your wardrobe my friend. :rolleyes

Legitimately nothing inappropriate about a charcoal or navy suit at a funeral. Other things take precedent over your wardrobe my friend.
eyes.gif
This. Out of curiosity do you know why people wear black to funerals? Or that most cultures, including European ones, consider white to be more appropriate mourning garb?

There are no rules as to what to wear to a funeral.  Out of respect, just don't be a clown.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom