Dressing Better Vol 2.0

That buster still hasn't hit me back
LMAO

Pinoy with the plug.
pimp.gif

deceased.

legit first time I ever contacted Lian/SEF. I just push the brand due to quality and price point

FYI, Jos A Bank has shoe trees for $10, probably the cheapest they've been as they no longer do buy 1 get 2 free since the merger with MW.

I ordered two suits from Combatant Gent the other day and one showed up. I'm please with it quality wise, granted I'm no Wis or Adrian so my idea of nice is much lower than theres. The jacket feels a bit small in the torso though, or maybe I've just put on more weight than I realize and cant wear 36S anymore. 

I ordered two suits from Combatant Gent the other day and one showed up. I'm please with it quality wise, granted I'm no Wis or Adrian so my idea of nice is much lower than theres. The jacket feels a bit small in the torso though, or maybe I've just put on more weight than I realize and cant wear 36S anymore. 
Man :lol: the most expensive suit is like $600. I've never gone bespoke nor have any intention to. I've penny pinching it these days. Money needs to go elsewhere.

Gotta talk to young gun Adrian about the finer things in life, g.

Guys I'm looking for a bit of help. Wanna improve my wardrobe. I have a decent collection of sneakers, but want my wardrobe to mature. Any suggestions on how to go about that?

Guys I'm looking for a bit of help. Wanna improve my wardrobe. I have a decent collection of sneakers, but want my wardrobe to mature. Any suggestions on how to go about that?
- Oxfords (JCrew / Uniqlo)

- Chinos

- Cop a suit or two

- Leather shoes (captoe, brogue, etc.)

Browse this thread. Page 1 is a good start. We put work on it.

Browse SF too. Educate yourself before spending money.

Appreciate the help so far fellas. I've been lurking the thread for a while now. What's holding me back is abandoning my sneakers. I wanna walk the line and mature it up but still wear sneakers.. Ya know

Appreciate the help so far fellas. I've been lurking the thread for a while now. What's holding me back is abandoning my sneakers. I wanna walk the line and mature it up but still wear sneakers.. Ya know
I lurk this thread a lot as well.  It's hard balancing it, but best be prepared before heading out to the real world.  On my regular days, I mostly wear preme and kicks but got a lot of solid info and deals on this thread that I do have a wardrobe for unexpected interviews, places to go (especially dates, can't be going to a fancy restaruant all premed out).  I know Antidope struggled a little going into the professional world without the proper attire, I was in a similar boat.  Best be prepared.

Go cold turkey and you'll never look back.

I grew up on kicks since the 11s in the 4th grade. I gladly exited the culture for what it is today.

I thankfully never got deep into sneaker culture. I actually despise sneakers unless I'm wearing them to work out.

My go-to shoes are suede chukkas.

Stan smiths....superstars....inneva woven....neon 95....flyknit. ...plenty of sneakers that look nice casually and theyre unique to the non sneaker crowd.

Bball sneakers casually i kinda stopped doing.
Usually only wen im bummin it or hoopin

Last edited:
wj4 wj4

I noticed you are active in the Epaulet thread on SF, can you comment on their OCBD? I have a Doyle jacket in duck canvas from them and I am pleased with their quality.
Particularly looking for a nice collar roll, might try using a MTM but also cool with a OTR. I was going to order from Kamakura but their sizing is throwing me off.

@sarteaga0408 or anyone else who owns Story et Fall chelseas and say for example... Clarks Desert Boots. Can you comment on the comparison in fit and whether or not to size down? Style Forum seems split on it and even Lian was like "hmmm I don't know whether to tell you to go down to a 43 or not."

(For context my 2nd toe seems to be exactly a 44 but my big toe is like a 43 3/4.)

I'm a 44 and went with a 44.5 and they fit perfect, you're going to get a lot of different opinions on sizing. I decided to get the size I wear in shoes/dress boots and that worked for me, I figured its better to have a boot with a bit of room so that I can wear thick socks rather than a boot too small I'd have to sell/return and wait a month for a new pair.

Last edited:
wj4 wj4

I noticed you are active in the Epaulet thread on SF, can you comment on their OCBD? I have a Doyle jacket in duck canvas from them and I am pleased with their quality.
Particularly looking for a nice collar roll, might try using a MTM but also cool with a OTR. I was going to order from Kamakura but their sizing is throwing me off.
I haven't bought anything from Mike in over a year now. That's just me cutting back. The collar roll is great. Fits tts. I take a small and it's right. About 14.5/32-33.

Looking for all black shoes/sneakers that go real well with black jeans. Also something casual.

Something similar to all black balenciaga arenas, chelsea boots, palladium boots . Any ideas?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom