Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Alright, last time asking but can anyone recommend me a shoulder bag or messenger bag? Or even some stores to check out? I have a $200 budget. Sorry for asking so many times but I just really want to get this before I start this week.
I'd say just go Herschel man. eBay had nice coach leather ones for cheap (used). Under $100 but idk if it'll get to you in time. Jcrew factory has some and it's either 40-50% off in store currently and you can stack a student 15% with an ID. That's the best I know

Alright, last time asking but can anyone recommend me a shoulder bag or messenger bag? Or even some stores to check out? I have a $200 budget. Sorry for asking so many times but I just really want to get this before I start this week.

Jack Spade or Filson. I have a filson 257 and it's amazing, can find on ebay for around 250

Check the bags at banana republic. I recently won one from eBay, pictured below. Great quality on the materials and construction. Got a few compliments on the streets of NYC. It's an older bag since its currently not on their site, but the current selection of bags at BR will fit your needs at your price range.

Last edited:
That Bond coat :x :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Convinced I'm buying one with my first paycheck from my new gig. The dudes at Billy Reid told me they sold 140 of them in one weekend in all their B&M locations and were under the impression that they would soon be on backorder again this fall/winter. Probably just saying that to convince me to buy but still...

What's the price on that Bond piece? I think they sold out last year when the movie launched.

Decided to shoot my tie collection on a thrifted valet I picked up the other day. I say I'm good on ties but when there's a deal...there's a deal |I
Enjoy..

My favorite one:

Behind the scenes :lol:

Miscellaneous:

Can anyone recommend a good, casual brown shoe? Obviously that's a step above sneakers.

Something less than $200, that I can rock with shorts also. I need something to wear on campus.

If its shorts, id just go with some boat shoes man
Or Desert Boots. This is the official transitional shoes for sneakerheads, bro.

On another note, Adrian is going to end up on an episode of Hoarders soon at the rate he's thrifting :lol:

Forgot to mention I already have DB's.

Boat shoes are too common among college students, I was trying to stay away from those. :lol:

Last edited:
Forgot to mention I already have DB's.
What colors?

I would have the Beeswax and dark brown at the minimum.

After that, I would get a pair of dress shoe, either black and brown to start. As time goes on and you're able to financially, I'd get the color you're missing, ie if you got black then get brown now, vice versa.

After this is done, I'd just chill and hang tight until you get a professional job.

What colors?

After that, I would get a pair of dress shoe, either black and brown to start. As time goes on and you're able to financially, I'd get the color you're missing, ie if you got black then get brown now, vice versa.

After this is done, I'd just chill and hang tight until you get a professional job.

Beeswax. I have a pair of walnut AE McAllister wingtips I just picked up, and a pair of Cole Haan penny loafers.

I should probably pick up a black shoe next.

But I hate wearing sneakers with certain outfits :lol:, even if it's just Jack Purcell's.

Last edited:
Beeswax. I have a pair of walnut AE McAllister wingtips I just picked up, and a pair of Cole Haan penny loafers.

But I hate wearing sneakers with certain outfits :lol:, even if it's just Jack Purcell's.
Yeah, a pair of black wing tips or plain toes would be nice. After this, you will have a nice small versatile collection.

What colors?

Haha, last september I did the same exact thing. Had my walnut players then picked up cole haan loafers....followed a few months later with black AE players courtesy of eBay. You'll be up there soon enough
:lol:

Can anyone recommend a good, casual brown shoe? Obviously that's a step above sneakers.

Something less than $200, that I can rock with shorts also. I need something to wear on campus.

If you're still leaning towards brown, I'd recommend some driving mocs. Real versatile shoe. I've been wearing mine with shorts and pants alike this summer.

Adrian,

I never pass on those Vintage Valets. They usually run around $9.99 around my way. I flip them for $100-$150. I have a nice one with a chair and another for my thirft/flipping set up in my office. Sold over 2k last month with about $175 invested. The thrift life. 8)

Adrian,

I never pass on those Vintage Valets. They usually run around $9.99 around my way. I flip them for $100-$150. I have a nice one with a chair and another for my thirft/flipping set up in my office. Sold over 2k last month with about $175 invested. The thrift life. 8)
Whoa, had no idea they can go for so much. Just found one of your completed listings. I will likely sell since this one is cut for a 40" and bigger. How the hell do you ship these damn things J?

The bottom legs should detach and the shoulders should as well. Be careful not to break it. Boxes at my office are usually easy to come by. But shipping should be in the $15-$25 range.

The bottom legs should detach and the shoulders should as well. Be careful not to break it. Boxes at my office are usually easy to come by. But shipping should be in the $15-$25 range.
You can ship that thing for that low?? That's what it costs to send a pair of shoes now :lol:

Hmm, I will go look for those things tomorrow. Thrift Lyfe it is.

Back
Top Bottom