Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Thrifting is a good look once you have the basics covered. I'm at the point where I wish I could go back and exchange four or five AE's I bought new, for one pair of bespoke G&G's (or something similar).

When I was in shoe buying mode I was getting 40% off AE retail from a store manager, so I loaded up. Now I don't even wear half of them. :smh:
I kinda feel that way. Well, I don't command enough to drop over $1k for a pair of shoes yet.

I feel like I have the basics covered. I will buy still, but it's gotta be something I want, like Alden's #4 or some green shell cordovan or purple calf/suede combo.

I used to go crazy with Aldens, like a pair per month.

4 out of 20? Proud of you!

:lol: you miss 100% of the shots you don't take :smokin

Damn A I too am mirin and jelly of your thrifts, probably can flip most of em for a 300% profit if you wanted

I wish you no more success on thrifting cheap quality shoes, and may it rain heavily on your captoes

:rofl: :nthat: .....just kidding, I'm trying to build mine up slowly but surely but these sales keep calling me |I

Last edited:
You guys do know that the kid wears his favorite Larry Bird jersey and horse shoe TR jeans while he goes thrifting for luck, right?

Dudes be trippin, yo
If I strike out on some Nike/Jordan release, I'm coming in here and bashing all you cats.

PS...any L.A. dudes wanna link up before the summer is over? I've only met George on here. Would be rad to meet the others too.

Not even DB related, but just spent several hours at the gym...was hooping and made like 4 threes out of 20 attempts. I was lighting it up :pimp:

I met you too foo! :lol:

A can you show me how you laced those AEs?

I'm looking for a casual, brown shoe to wear around campus..with shorts, chinos, etc. That's obviously a step above just sneakers.

$150 or less.

I've been looking around for loafers in stores, I'm thinking I should probably search around online for better options.

Dudes be trippin, yo
If I strike out on some Nike/Jordan release, I'm coming in here and bashing all you cats.

PS...any L.A. dudes wanna link up before the summer is over? I've only met George on here. Would be rad to meet the others too.

Not even DB related, but just spent several hours at the gym...was hooping and made like 4 threes out of 20 attempts. I was lighting it up :pimp:

http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/straighteuropeanlacing.htm
Thank me later.

And Ced, to put things in perspective...last year, at this point, I owned only one pair of AEs.

I had the boat shoes, clarks, redwings, bucks, and that's it iirc. Shop the god damb sales and put your girl on notice that these are the gifts you would want come Xmas/bday time :lol: Guidelines to da come up
:smokin

Dudes be trippin, yo

http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/straighteuropeanlacing.htm
Thank me later.

And Ced, to put things in perspective...last year, at this point, I owned only one pair of AEs.

I had the boat shoes, clarks, redwings, bucks, and that's it iirc. Shop the god damb sales and put your girl on notice that these are the gifts you would want come Xmas/bday time :lol: Guidelines to da come up
:smokin

:nthat: damn good idea I need to send some pics and plant the idea :lol:

not sure how anyone can be on a forum dedicated to collecting shoes and tell another member that they have too many.
Is it not possible? People do it all the time. You guys just are attacking me cause I bad a different opinion than the norm. And another guy said the same thing I said and nobody responded to him.

Oh and I posted trippin because dude found AEs for 10 dollars. Jeez

Last edited:
I think you might want to size up on the slims. I caught one on sale at Urban and it was a small, it's pretty tight. I've also had a medium before in the slim fit and it feels much better.

Thanks.
Don't know if y'all knew this or not but Unidays offers a lot of discounts if you have a edu email address. 20% off at levis. Getting that jacket for 31 bucks shipped :smile:

Is it not possible? People do it all the time. You guys just are attacking me cause I bad a different opinion than the norm. And another guy said the same thing I said and nobody responded to him.

Oh and I posted trippin because dude found AEs for 10 dollars. Jeez

of course it is possible. that doesn't mean that it makes sense. it's the whole pot calling the kettle black.

Last edited:
seriously though, it helps in this thread if you contribute something positive or pics of your own. you seem relatively helpful in some other threads. like posting the jcf sale. keep that positivity up and bring it here man

Back
Top Bottom