DOES NIKETALK HAVE A PROBLEM WITH WOMEN?

I would hope we are doing better than Indian when it comes to gender equality in sports. There are female sports in this country that are more popular than the male counterparts eg. The women's soccer national team. So maleness should never inherently make a sport more popular. it's all about perception which is fueled by sexism.

LOL more popular, still earning less. This debunks every excuse made in this thread. They are supposedly less athletic yet garner more revenue, and are STILL paid less. :smh:

i was talking about the wnba.
and you are still looking at it from a social point of view when the point of all of this is to make money. it's all business.
do you even watch the wnba?
it's not a good product. it's not even close to the product nba players put out.

i was talking about the wnba.
and you are still looking at it from a social point of view when the point of all of this is to make money. it's all business.
do you even watch the wnba?
it's not a good product. it's not even close to the product nba players put out.

LOL so I can't bring up other sports as an example of how the excuses people are making for the WNBA not being just as popular? Again chances have been taken on men's sports that garner less revenue. It's sexism period.

What do you guess the ACTUAL % is?
Probably 54%. I can watch quality women’s games where the competition is on the same level. Was pulling for South Carolina last night but they blew it.

I also never knew there was just one Player of the year awards. Assumed there was a male and female one.

Yea I mean cricket isn't exciting to me but it is the most popular sport in India. Baseball is boring as f and it is one of the most popular sports in this country. With time the popularity of sports can go up and down. I mean look at the popularity of MMA which wasn't mainstream years ago. I wouldn't put any league or sport into a box of "unpopularity".

I mean nobody used to watch men's pro soccer in this country and its popularity continues to rise because someone took a gamble.
Are you forcing yourself to watch cricket even though it's "boring"?
I still don't know where I stand on this.

In general, what does everyone HERE think about lowering the rim?

Explain your reasoning please.
They play with smaller basketballs, 3 point line is closer and have a longer shotclock. Lower the rim so they can get more dunkers.

You said she makes more money than the average person. I wouldn't compare one of the greatest female basketball players ever to the "average person". It's pretty insulting.
Ahhh, I get it now. You worship people. I don't so I'm sure that would insult a lot of people in this day and age. She is just another person.

LOL so I can't bring up other sports as an example of how the excuses people are making for the WNBA not being just as popular? Again chances have been taken on men's sports that garner less revenue. It's sexism period.
you can do whatever you want but those other sports aren't taking the value away from their sport.
and no one is making excuses. the wnba isn't nearly as popular. that's a fact.

so you don't watch the wnba...interesting.

They play with smaller basketballs, 3 point line is closer and have a longer shotclock. Lower the rim so they can get more dunkers.

That makes sense. I think lowering the rim would be too much of a shot to the ego of the women and people that want to take it as a shot. (Or view it as sexist).

That makes sense. I think lowering the rim would be too much of a shot to the ego of the women and people that want to take it as a shot. (Or view it as sexist).
Well, they are foolish. League will stay just as stagnant and boring as it is.

you can do whatever you want but those other sports aren't taking the value away from their sport.
and no one is making excuses. the wnba isn't nearly as popular. that's a fact.

so you don't watch the wnba...interesting.

The WNBA isn't taking value away from its sport. Half the population in the country are women, it can only strengthen the sport as a whole. But because sexism, no one will take a risk on women. Even though women have proven to increase the value in their sport in examples I've given.

I dunno where you got that from I watch women's basketball, more NCAA women's than WNBA but I follow both.

This dude has a few WNBA based videos that I think are worth your time.

Will check them out. What's funny about this is, there is more of a male audience/viewership of the WNBA than that of women, but some would still stay it's the men's fault why the league ain't bringing in more numbers which is just a galactic reach.

Will check them out. What's funny about this is, there is more of a male audience/viewership of the WNBA than that of women, but some would still stay it's the men's fault why the league ain't bringing in more numbers which is just a galactic reach.
Last week on Twitter there was even some, "Black Men disrespect the WNBA the most" talk. But in reality, Black Men are the biggest supporters of the sport.

BLACK people are the biggest supporters and we know Black Women aren't the ones doing MOST of that supporting.

But you know people love their Narratives.

For you, "The NBA doesn't market the WNBA enough" folks, go to 8:52 mark.

Last week on Twitter there was even some, "Black Men disrespect the WNBA the most" talk. But in reality, Black Men are the biggest supporters of the sport.

BLACK people are the biggest supporters and we know Black Women aren't the ones doing MOST of that supporting.

Agreed. It sounds good to run with that spiel for the general public if you want to pass yourself off as being "socially in tune"(like a criminal politician), however, for the people who actually look into these things, you realize how absurd some of these claims are. Then again, being "socially woke" is a trend nowadays, so cats are going to make a bunch of reaching statements just to win some e-daps. While legitimate issues are overlooked.

Im not sure what this video proves? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The whole black men are the most disrespectful is a topic for another day. Society as a whole black, white, asian is inherently sexist. This topic is more than just getting more "marketing". Like I said before it's a systemic issue that should be approached from multiple directions. The men in here ain't helping, I know that much.

The WNBA isn't taking value away from its sport. Half the population in the country are women, it can only strengthen the sport as a whole. But because sexism, no one will take a risk on women. Even though women have proven to increase the value in their sport in examples I've given.

I dunno where you got that from I watch women's basketball, more NCAA women's than WNBA but I follow both.
The NBA takes value away from the WNBA.
it’s the same exact product just not as good.
women would rather watch the nba as well. the numbers are proof.
The product is inferior. That’s a fact that has nothing to do with gender.

The NBA takes value away from the WNBA.
it’s the same exact product just not as good.
women would rather watch the nba as well. the numbers are proof. The product isn’t as good. That’s a fact that has nothing to do with gender.

It doesn't have to. The women's national soccer team is more popular and more successful, which has been great for the popularity of soccer in this country overall.

At the individual level men with daughters can do more to support their daughters interest in a VARIETY of sports.

Parents tend to push their daughters toward stuff like gymnastics and field hockey. But there's not reason why a dude who is passionate about basketball can't want their daughter to do the same.

Please read what you typed, read the links I just posted and please reply.

Thank you.

Number One Is Basketball
According to ESPN, the most popular sport for girls is basketball with over 450,000 girls playing for a school-sponsored team. The sport has also risen between 2006 and 2012 to become the most popular among boys with over 550,000 boys playing for a school-sponsored team. This sport can be more competitive as far as selection as kids become older. At younger ages though there are many developmental leagues to teach basic

What Are the Most Popular Youth Sports? https://www.sportsrec.com/4550784/what-are-the-most-popular-youth-sports

According to ESPN, the most popular sport for both boys and girls is basketball, with over 450,000 girls and 550,000 boys playing for a school team in 2012. Baseball and softball rank second among the top five organized sports for youths. The third most popular youth sport for boys is football due to its emphasis on a team atmosphere.

Trending Youth Programs for Children in 2020 https://www.spookynooksports.com/blog/manheim/trending-youth-programs-for-children-in-2020

I bet on wnba once. The score stayed the same for 8minutes. It was nerve racking.

That's exciting though. It's that feeling of 1 minute left in the game where both teams are tryna pull ahead and get the win, but for 8 minutes.

I also didnt realize until recently that womens NCAA plays 4 quarters and not 2 halves like mens.

I've never watched a woman's basketball game until that girl and Caitlin Clark showed up.

Back
Top Bottom