DOES NIKETALK HAVE A PROBLEM WITH WOMEN?

Replace all the WNBA players with all the thotties you follow on IG (for argument sake, the talent level stays the same), I bet y'all would watch

Oh now we are taking the misogynistic only looks can make female sports interesting angle? :lol:

So saying people would only watch if wnba looked liked instagram models isn't misogynistic?

Another case of people acting like what they said isn't what they said.

What would y'all argument be if someone said the real reasons are our society is still still up sexist and lookism play a huge part

another case of people not being able to comprehend & assuming the worst. when you do that, it's just a projection of who you are as a person.

another case of people not being able to comprehend & assuming the worst. when you do that, it's just a projection of who you are as a person.

I didn't project anything, I literally quoted what you said. Well I hate to break it to you but I'm more interested in Elena Delle Dones jump shot than her looks. Your comment had projection written all over it as well.

I didn't project anything, I literally quoted what you said. Well I hate to break it to you but I'm more interested in Elena Delle Dones jump shot than her looks. Your comment had projection written all over it as well.

you know that comment followed another comment, right? lmao

"What would y'all argument be if someone said the real reasons are our society is still still up sexist and lookism play a huge part. Replace all the WNBA players with all the thotties you follow on IG (for argument sake, the talent level stays the same), I bet y'all would watch."

your reasoning ability and comprehension skills are subpar so i will break it down.

1. I think the WNBA is exciting
2. I don't think others (or other guys) do because of lookism/sexism

Easily break apart your weak argument

you know that comment followed another comment, right? lmao

"What would y'all argument be if someone said the real reasons are our society is still still up sexist and lookism play a huge part. Replace all the WNBA players with all the thotties you follow on IG (for argument sake, the talent level stays the same), I bet y'all would watch."

your reasoning ability and comprehension skills are subpar so i will break it down.

1. I think the WNBA is exciting
2. I don't think others (or other guys) do because of lookism/sexism

Easily break apart your weak argument

LOL you didn't break apart anything, you just backtracked from you original dumb comment.

Looks doesn't explain why Serena is such a dominant AND popular athlete. You brought up looks because you've been programmed to look at women in that context no matter what.

LOL you didn't break apart anything, you just backtracked from you original dumb comment.

Looks doesn't explain why Serena is such a dominant AND popular athlete. You brought up looks because you've been programmed to look at women in that context no matter what.

lol where am I backtracking? once again, you are projecting. go look at ALL my posts in this thread concerning the WNBA topic.

lol where am I backtracking? once again, you are projecting. go look at ALL my posts in this thread concerning the WNBA topic.

LMAO why even bring up looks in the first place? Many men are fans of Serena's game and aren't attracted to her. Stop projecting that assumption onto every male.

LMAO why even bring up looks in the first place? Many men are fans of Serena's game and aren't attracted to her. Stop projecting that assumption onto every male.

"What would y'all argument be if someone said the real reasons are our society is still st8 up sexist and lookism play a huge part."

Where did I say EVERY male?

"What would y'all argument be if someone said the real reasons are our society is still st8 up sexist and lookism play a huge part."

Where did I say EVERY male?

"Replace all the WNBA players with all the thotties you follow on IG (for argument sake, the talent level stays the same), I bet y'all would watch."

Y'all is very nonspecific, who is y'all?

"Replace all the WNBA players with all the thotties you follow on IG (for argument sake, the talent level stays the same), I bet y'all would watch."

Y'all is very nonspecific, who is y'all?

lol i don't get what you are trying to do now but anybody with brain can see how bad you have looked in this exchange. here's a like, i hope you enjoy the rest of your night.

lol i don't get what you are trying to do now but anybody with brain can see how bad you have looked in this exchange. here's a like, i hope you enjoy the rest of your night.

LOL is this the same "everybody" you are calling "y'all" sweetie? If that's the case I don't wanna be in that company. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Replace all the WNBA players with all the thotties you follow on IG (for argument sake, the talent level stays the same), I bet y'all would watch
Good looking people garner more attention. (Since the discussion is about viewership and attention of the sport (not quality))

MAYBE That would do MARGINALLY (nothing of significance) better numbers at first but the law of averages will eventually kick in and regular viewing practices will form.

At the end of the day, no matter how you dress it up it is STILL professional women's basketball.

It still has to "compete" with professional men's basketball and we know how that will end.

Last edited:
The NBA promotes the WNBA. Not sure what would be enough for those that think the NBA doesn't do enough but EYE think they promote it enough. They promote it more than they promote the G-League for sure.

Like marikomorose marikomorose said, there is just too much of a gap in what men and women PRO basketball players can do for the WNBA to reach the heights that people are hoping for.

NCAA sports are different because schools have decades upon decades of alumni, boosters, parents, and former Athletes as fans. The WNBA doesn't have that luxury so NCAA women's basketball has more of a shot of reaching at least a fraction of the viewership as the men's game. ( Aside from the NCAA Tournament, the gap is still HUGE. SO don't be fooled)

It isn't golf, tennis, futbol, or gymnastics so the WNBA will always suffer.

Interesting cause there were people blaming the decrease in NBA ratings to the new rules and style of play, which I don't agree necessarily with. I like the new run and shoot style of bball but I don't know if that's going to change the perception of women's basketball which I believe is a systemic issue.

On a related note, Uconn lost :angry:

SO what do you suggest is done to change that?

It has to start with giving women's sports just as much funding starting in grade school where theoretically there is no real monetary gain from those sports to warrant giving special treatment to boys. At the individual level men with daughters can do more to support their daughters interest in a VARIETY of sports.

Parents tend to push their daughters toward stuff like gymnastics and field hockey. But there's not reason why a dude who is passionate about basketball can't want their daughter to do the same.

I don't think the lack of popularity of women's basketball is going to last forever. There are sports we care more about in this country today that no one gave a damn about 10 or 20 years ago. eg. men's soccer.

The NBA promotes the WNBA. Not sure what would be enough for those that think the NBA doesn't do enough but EYE think they promote it enough. They promote it more than they promote the G-League for sure.

Like marikomorose marikomorose said, there is just too much of a gap in what men and women PRO basketball players can do for the WNBA to reach the heights that people are hoping for.

NCAA sports are different because schools have decades upon decades of alumni, boosters, parents, and former Athletes as fans. The WNBA doesn't have that luxury so NCAA women's basketball has more of a shot of reaching at least a fraction of the viewership as the men's game. ( Aside from the NCAA Tournament, the gap is still HUGE. SO don't be fooled)

Thoughts on this ?

deusavertat deusavertat

The national men's soccer team is more "athletic" than the women's yet the women's team is more popular.

The NBA has the luxury of having been established in this country for decades. It's not going to happen overnight and they may never truly be equal but I think there is a lot that can be done to increase the popularity of women's basketball. Kobe is a perfect example of what male athletes can do to promote women's sports. RIP.

1. You responded about futbol but what about the other sports. Does the difference in mens/womens futbol create SUCH a difference in the viewing experience?

2. As much as Kobe spoke up for the women's game, I don't think the NBA's tactic of, "Have famous male players co-sign the WNBA" has/will move the needle. (That isn't me saying they should stop trying).

1. You responded about futbol but what about the other sports. Does the difference in mens/womens futbol create SUCH a difference in the viewing experience?

2. As much as Kobe spoke up for the women's game, I don't think the NBA's tactic of, "Have famous male players co-sign the WNBA" has/will move the needle. (That isn't me saying they should stop trying).

1. I brought up football to show that men's superior athleticism doesn't necessarily account for the men's leagues of certain sports being more popular.
2. I think you're looking for an overnight change here. What Kobe is doing, no matter how small it moves the needle means a lot to women's sports. It is our privilege as men to think it doesn't make a difference.

Does the difference in athletic ability in mens/womens futbol create SUCH a difference in the viewing experience?

1. I brought up football to show that men's superior athleticism doesn't necessarily account for the men's leagues of certain sports being more popular.
2. I think you're looking for an overnight change here. What Kobe is doing, no matter how small it moves the needle means a lot to women's sports. It is our privilege as men to think it doesn't make a difference.
No, I am NOT looking for an overnight change.

I am simply saying that the idea that people will watch women's sports because a man is telling them hw likes it or they should ia just a wild approach.

Again, we don't know what will work so I don't knock them for trying.

I am just saying that approach can be somewhat insulting and eventually regardless of what Kobe says, people will have to judge the product with their own eyes.

I

Back
Top Bottom