DISNEYLAND/DISNEYWORLD APPRECIATION!!! PUT IN UR ORDER FOR AN NT DISNEY SPIRIT JERSEY NOW!!!

Oh lord, all I read was that I'm spending more money. She already wants the park hopper. Oh well. Never been around halloween time. Hope its something special

definitely get the park hopped. it’ll be good time, holloween time is awesome at the parks

Disneyland been doing popcorn buckets, they had the awesome Tie Fighter Popcorn Bucket when they started Season of the Force.

I don't really buy popcorn so I am not 100% but I believe you just get discounted refill, like $1-$2 if you have one of those buckets.

I think they have a promotion for AP holders, $1 refills with the buckets.

I am not sure how it works though or if you have to bring a receipt but it's only suppose to be good for your stay that day, maybe they just look at the bucket and if it's still sold in the park you can get away with it?
With the ap buckets they're only good within set dates, usually a couple of months at a time. We've gotten them the last few times when they're available, and you have to show an id and the matching pass. My kids couldn't reup because of the id. Not sure if you can use old buckets, we've always bought a new one.

Oh lord, all I read was that I'm spending more money. She already wants the park hopper. Oh well. Never been around halloween time. Hope its something special

Unless you or your girls into merch, you won't really spending too much outside of tickets. Park Hopper is worth it but go on a day when it's least busy (Tuesday or Thursday but from now til New years, it's gon' be crowded) and when there's no Halloween Party because they close earlier on those days (Wednesdays and Fridays). It's hard to suggest weekends because it's the most crowded but it's the only days they show Fantastmic and the park is open longer (8-11 instead of 10-9).

Make use of the FastPass and if you don't have to be sitting next to your girl all the time on rides, utilize single riders line, you can save an hour or two wait time.

Frozen Show is a must at DCA and I'd suggest not missing it, usually they have 12 and 3 showing with an additional at 5 on weekends.

Food is really your only other expense but even that can be cheap if you can bring some food to hold you off to one meal inside the park and water bottles (which is free to refill in restaurants).

Anybody hook it up if they headed to Disneyland this week
And get me the rose gold ears for my girl if they restock

And get me the rose gold ears for my girl if they restock
what is it with the ears man? my girl was heated that they didn't have any of those rose gold ones when we were there. i wore my sorcerer's apprentice ears that i bought in tokyo disney and got quite a few compliments. i was trippin.

going to tokyo disneyland this coming oct.

first time ever going to a disney land + im glad i get to go during a themed event (halloween)

pretty excited. going solo lol

They had a restock on Saturday (my girl was able to get them) for the rose gold ears. In line I saw people buying like 4 each.

I try my best not to get merch outside of actual clothes I could wear outside of the park but I got to admit they got me with the Star Wars light-up ears :blush:

thing looks awesome at night :nthat:

what is it with the ears man? my girl was heated that they didn't have any of those rose gold ones when we were there. i wore my sorcerer's apprentice ears that i bought in tokyo disney and got quite a few compliments. i was trippin.
Yo i just let her ride
She didn't give me any grief when I was into shoes heavy so I just respect it :lol:
She has a bunch
She got those $200 Minnie ears ds in a closet :lol:

thsi is the 2nd time they restocked those rose gold ears
figure they gonna restock for the halloween festivities
ol girl copped 5 and already sold 3

this article is insane to suggest Disneyland might remove AP altogether once SW land open, that is like their bread and butter and there are many out there who doesn't even make it to the park enough times to make what they paid worth it and they make $20 per visit to most AP holders

my guess is they'd charge an entry fee to SW land for a few months to limit crowds before even considering removing AP althogether

Think Disneyland is crowded now? Wait until 2019

It might seem hard to believe if you were among the tens of thousands of fans crammed into the Disneyland Resort last weekend, but we are entering a calm before the storm at Southern California’s theme parks.

The Mickey and Friends parking structure filled to capacity on Saturday and Sunday last weekend, and wait times for attractions at Disneyland climbed to holiday-week levels. Crowds also packed Universal Studios Hollywood, which sold out nights of its Halloween Horror Nights event. As often happens at Disney and Universal these days, there’s not much “off” in the off season anymore.

Neither park has much in the works for next year that would push crowd levels even higher. Disney California Adventure is putting a Pixar overlay on its Paradise Pier land and bringing back the Paint the Night parade, while Universal Studios Hollywood is reopening its former Shrek 4-D theater as DreamWorks Theater, which will show a new Kung Fu Panda short film.

But after that? Watch out.

In 2019, Disneyland finally will open its much-anticipated “Star Wars” land, Galaxy’s Edge. A duplicate version opening at the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida might take some of the pressure off Disneyland’s installation, but with construction progress clearly more advanced in Anaheim than in Orlando, it seems likely that Disneyland will get the honor of opening the world’s first Star Wars theme park land.

When Universal Orlando opened the world’s first Harry Potter-themed land in June 2010, crowds snaked for more than a quarter mile through the resort’s CityWalk entertainment district just to get into the park. Once inside, visitors faced waits of up to eight hours just to get into the land, which drove a 30 percent increase in park’s annual attendance over 2009.

Disneyland is a much more popular park than Universal Orlando’s Islands of Adventure park was before Potter’s arrival, so the Anaheim park likely won’t get anywhere near that percentage increase for annual attendance. But Disney is not spending untold millions of dollars to entertain the same number of visitors as Disneyland now attracts. Disney is expecting its Star Wars land to lure millions more visitors to its already-crowded Disneyland.

Universal Studios Hollywood opened its Harry Potter land last year, seeing a 14 percent increase in annual attendance as a result. But that park is not finished with adding wildly popular, world-class franchises to its line-up. Sometime after the summer of 2020, the Hollywood park will add a Super Nintendo World land, featuring a real-life Mario Kart and other attractions based on some of the world’s most enduring video games. Universal’s original installation of that land will open in 2020 at Universal Studios Japan, in Osaka. Universal has not announced opening dates for the Hollywood or Orlando installations of the land.

Universal seems to have plenty of parking capacity with the new E.T. garage that it opened last year, fed by new access ramps to Los Angeles’ always-crowded U.S. 101 highway. But a lot of Disneyland fans are wondering where all those new Star Wars fans are going to park, as plans for the resort’s announced Eastern Gateway parking structure and access seem to have stalled.

No one expects business as usual when the Star Wars and Nintendo lands open. Will Disney block out annual pass holders from visiting Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge for the land’s first months? Or will Disney make access to the land an up-charge from even regular, daily tickets? How much more expensive can a day at Disneyland get?

Many fans lost count of the number of changes Universal made to its annual pass program in the year around when Potter opened. Will Disney drop lower-priced tiers of annual passes in order to thin crowds to make room for the anticipated rush of Star Wars fans? Or might annual passes as we know them disappear altogether?

No one outside the companies knows what will happen at this point. So enjoy the next year, theme park fans. Things are about to change.

It can't get any worse than when it's at capacity and they stop letting people In so it's not really a big deal.

Just make sure you're in the park at ropedrop and stay in when galaxy's edge opens.

I'm hoping to catch it on soft opening.

Also, just got like 3 consecutive surveys from Disney.

weird

They’ll sure be seeing capacity at least for the first several months...

It’s all good though because I can wait it out...

New Disney shop? At least that's what the email said: https://www.shopdisney.com/brands/c...C-eml_20170927_shopDisneyIntro&efc=DSI1003817

If your girl loves Disney and Coach, better block it out of her browser :lol:

I sort of want one of these cheap Mickey watches.
598410fbc321cf0001ac4f73-image_6d7fa074.jpeg

Just did Disney World for a day (had a day to kill before our flight home). Lesson learned—avoid going when it’s hot as hell out. :lol:

It was all good when I was a kid, but now I’m cashed out after 2-3 hours of that heat. Lines weren’t too bad though, thankfully. Can’t wait to go back when we have more time to explore all the parks.

FYI, I’d highly recommend a Disney Cruise to anyone. I wasn’t too convinced it’d be worth the $$ we paid for a concierge stateroom, but it was WELL worth it. Great service, good (and unlimited) food and so much for kids and adults to do. Yeah, they’re expensive as hell but man, the experience is amazing.

I have a friend that takes his family on the Disney cruise every year, they love it.

They really have nothing to complain about.

I really want to go but still feel a bit weird going without kids :lol:

I have a friend that takes his family on the Disney cruise every year, they love it.

actually on the disney cruise there are adult sections. theres a pool with a 21 and over age restriction and night time events there are adult sections. May want to look into it more if youre really interested

There were a ton of people without kids. Hell, they even had singles night at one of the bars.

Not sure I’d ever go alone as a single dude b/c yeah, it looks kinda suspect lol. And who wants to go alone on a cruise, Disney or not? But with a group? Absolutely. There’s a ton of adult-oriented things to do and several adult-only areas.

yeah, a guy going by himself on a disney cruise looks a little sandusky

with a group would be fine though :lol:

kind of weird but my AP expires in less than a month and Disney hasn't emailed me about renewing it

last year there was a good 3 months before it expired that I started to get notifications on it

Back
Top Bottom