Did AF1’s Ever Go Out Of Style In Your Region?

What Color AF1 You Prefer More?

• White

Votes: 30 65.2%
  • Black

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • I FW Both

Votes: 12 26.1%

• Total voters
Kobe-Bryant-Nike-Air-Force-1.jpg

u a liar...folks were paying G money for PlayStations.

Specialty sneakers. Not “in style” to “da general consensus”.

People are rocking low top ones again now...on the daily...like it’s 01. And as a slick, fashion statement with designer clothes etc. Palm Angles tracksuit and white on white ones is a “fit”. They on the manicans again. Stop being obtuse. This is something I know...me and you see similarly on :lol:.

You couldn’t get away with rocking just AF1s as a fit in the mid to late 00s.

Specialty sneakers. Not “in style” to “da general consensus”.

People are rocking low top ones again now...on the daily...like it’s 01. And as a slick, fashion statement with designer clothes etc. Palm Angles tracksuit and white on white ones is a “fit”. They on the manicans again. Stop being obtuse. This is something I know...me and you see similarly on :lol:.

You couldn’t get away with rocking just AF1s as a fit in the mid to late 00s.
man... he knows this :rofl:

why do yall keep going back and forth with him

man is posting speciality air forces that always sell out but he knows NO ONE was wearing white on whites or black on blacks without looking DUSTY in the mid to late 00's.. **** white on whites didn't even get popular again until like 2015

07-10

man no one was wearing AF1's then... it was all about dunks around then

see now u looking super funny in da light.. dunks were super dead during that time it was all about Foamposites, polo boots, and CDP Jordan packs.

SB Dunks in their PRIME preceded your high school years.

Nike SB box, from orange to teal.

March 2002 — December 2002: Orange Box

nike sb shoe boxes explained sandy bodecker

Highsnobiety / Giga Kobidze
Throughout 2002, Nike SB released some of its most memorable and revered shoes in what has become known as the “Orange Box Era.” These 14 SB Dunks (12 low-tops and two high) included the special colorways for Nike’s original four pro skaters — Gino Iannucci, Danny Supa, Reese Forbes, and Richard Mulder — and Nike SB’s groundbreaking first collaboration with Supreme.

Key releases: SB Dunk Low Pro “Supa,” SB Dunk Low Pro “Zoo York,” SB Dunk Low Pro “Supreme” (“White Cement,” “Black Cement”), SB Dunk Low Pro “Reese Denim,” SB Dunk High Pro “Wheat”

SHOP OUR SELECTION

Dunk SB High Wheat
BUY
Dunk SB High Wheat
Nike
BUY $1600

Dunk SB Low Zoo York
BUY
Dunk SB Low Zoo York
Nike
BUY $10000

Dunk SB Low Supreme (2002)
BUY
Dunk SB Low Supreme (2002)
Nike
BUY $4600

January 2003 — September 2004: Silver Box

The late Sandy Bodecker was the driving force behind Nike SB and knew all too well how important credibility and core values are to the skateboarding community, which is why SB started off with a small, respected team and availability was limited to independent skate stores.

RELATED NEWS

Apple’s Night Mode Photo Challenge Shows Off the Power of the iPhone 11 Camera
Apple’s Night Mode Photo Challenge Shows Off the Power of the iPhone 11 Camera

Like Phil Knight, Bodecker realized an eye-catching shoebox would stand out at stores. He also knew that if skate shops were going to get on board with a corporate sports behemoth, they would need something to differentiate themselves from sports stores. And so the standard Nike box made way for something special.

With the SB Dunk becoming the most sought-after sneaker on the market, the shoes got their own collectible boxes from 2003, starting with the silver box. The box itself was more sturdy than the average Nike box and came with a few nice details, such as a bright green sizing label with pixilated font. The inside of the box and the wrapping paper also featured a subtle woodgrain pattern as a nod to the shoes’ intended use.

The silver box era also saw the addition of new technical skate shoes the URL and E-Cue, which, despite their durability, never caught on and were eventually dropped.

Key releases: SB Dunk Low Pro “Bison,” SB Dunk Low Pro “Futura,” SB Dunk Low Pro “Heineken,” SB Dunk High Pro “Sea Crystal,” SB Dunk High Pro “Supreme” (“White/College Orange,” “White/Varsity Red,” “White/University Blue”)

SHOP OUR SELECTION

Dunk SB Low Bison
BUY
Dunk SB Low Bison
Nike
BUY $1200

Dunk SB Low Heineken
BUY
Dunk SB Low Heineken
Nike
BUY $3995

Dunk SB Sea Crystal
BUY
Dunk SB Sea Crystal
Nike
BUY $420

September 2004 — December 2005: Pink Box

For Nike SB super-collector Nate Wallace, the “Pink Box Era” was a groundbreaking time. “This is when they really started pushing the envelope with colorways and materials,” he says. “You saw this with shoes like Reese Forbes’ ‘Hunter,’ which featured a burlap sack material, and the ‘De La Soul’ Dunks with the holographic print.” For many SB enthusiasts, the “Pink Box Era” was the line’s best. In early 2004, Nike SB also signed prodigy Paul Rodriguez, who became the first Nike skater to be awarded his own signature line of shoes: the P-Rod.

Key releases: SB Dunk Low Pro “Diamond” (aka “Tiffany”), SB Dunk Low Pro “Slam City Skates,” SB Dunk Low Pro “Pigeon,” SB Dunk High Pro “Be True to Your School” series (“St. John’s,” “Villanova,” “Kentucky,” “Iowa,” “Syracuse,” “Michigan,” “UNLV”), SB Dunk High Pro “U.N.K.L.E.”

February 2006 — September 2007: Black Box

The black box with purple Nike SB branding was home to another strong lineup of styles. During this time, SB had all but thrown out the rulebook in terms of skate shoe design. Patent leather, metallic leather, and faux fur could hardly be considered grip tape-friendly materials, but collectors remained undeterred.

With a growing skate team but fewer Dunk models built for skating, it felt like every release by this point was a collab or had some kind of tenuous theme or nickname. There were Dunks based on or named after aftershaves, disgraced celebrities, cuddly toys, ’70s sitcoms, ’80s pop bands, ’90s alternative bands, Chinese money cats, and even a golf-inspired Dunk complete with lace-covering kiltie.

Elsewhere, Nike SB’s hard-wearing Zoom Tre replaced the discontinued E-Cue.

Key releases: SB Dunk High Pro “Send Help,” SB Dunk Low Pro “SBTG,” SB Dunk High Pro “Pee Wee Herman,” Supreme x Nike SB Blazer (“Red,” “Black,” “White”), SB Dunk High Pro “Dinosaur Jr.”

SHOP OUR SELECTION

Dunk SB Low SBTG
BUY
Dunk SB Low SBTG
Nike
BUY $950

Dunk SB High Pee Wee Herman
BUY
Dunk SB High Pee Wee Herman
Nike
BUY $875

Dunk SB High Dinosaur Jr.
BUY
Dunk SB High Dinosaur Jr.
Nike
BUY $599

October 2007 — March 2009: Gold Box

With the exception of the “Lobster” Dunk made with Boston sneaker boutique Concepts, there were surprisingly few collaborations during the “Gold Box Era.” Meanwhile, the shoe that defined the period was presumed to be the work of a crazy counterfeiter but wound up being a bizarre in-line mash-up.

Images started to appear online of a strange Dunk that took elements of practically every high-profile SB release and stuck them all on one shoe. Created to promote Nothing but the Truth, Nike SB’s first full-length skate video, the over-the-top design was named the “What the Dunk” and came out in ultra-limited quantities in cities that hosted the film’s screenings.

Despite an initially hostile reaction to this Frankenstein’s monster of a shoe, the release temporarily brought back SB Dunk pandemonium, and today rare “What the Dunks” still command huge resale prices.

Key releases: SB Dunk High Pro “Shoe Goo,” SB Dunk High Pro “Ferris Bueller,” Concepts x Nike SB Dunk Low Pro “Lobster,” SB What the Dunk, Supreme x Nike SB Air Trainer TW 2 (“Black,” “White,” “Red,” “Blue

im not even talking about sb's what are you on about

the average teenager was not buying SB's :rofl:

GR dunks were popular as hell when I was in high school. Same thing with foams and the CDP Jordans. Boots are a whole different story cause even timbs were looked at as dusty around that time. Dudes was wearing ugg boots with the fur at the top if I remember or nike boots.

Wtf they made sea foam low sb?

I had the highs. Wore them and sold them when they got busted.

I had the second series sb’s. The olive green and blacks. :pimp:

the fat tongue high tops.:sick:

GR dunks were popular as hell when I was in high school. Same thing with foams and the CDP Jordans. Boots are a whole different story cause even timbs were looked at as dusty around that time. Dudes was wearing ugg boots with the fur at the top if I remember or nike boots.

Yup
Yup
Yup
Yup

Polo boots were big in Charlotte.

We were copping all the sb’s.

a bunch of my friends robbed the skate shop for the dunkles which actually pissed me off because I was cool with the owner and he’d set shoes aside for me because I’d been getting snowboard gear from him since I was 10.

D9AE1C05-BE2C-4E56-9BA5-2C484F73450B.jpeg
BA7C4BC7-BB5E-4DA9-8E14-DF7C53BF1273.jpeg

the only highs I would buy/still want.
43B8FF10-1477-483B-8F33-42BD2EDD3C00.jpeg

these women’s Independence Day are currently the only ones I own from my old collection. I thought the camo bottom, fireworks in the insoles, and the star holes on the toe made these unique. Also sauconys and new balance were a phase when I was in high school.

There was a segment of *****s with Polo Boots/Ugg Boots w/ the furr...with Trues/Rocks/7s/ Antiks etc in the late 00s to 10. It was a thing for sure :lol:.

Even remember the Lil Russian hats some dudes did it with to finish it off. NYC cats did BB simons with it too.

I feel like after mid 2000s they died in popularity. I would mostly see only the hood dudes and Japanese students wear forces. Then around mid 2010s I seen them coming back on people's feet

what swaggerless universe you occupied?

you were just too young to remember you said it yourself your high school years were between 2007 to 2010, way past Nike SB and dunks prime overall.

that was da primary demographic rockin SB's... teenagers...hello, who else was naming em corny nicknames? :lol:

Yeah man, we all had sb’s that’s something everyone rocked from the skating kids to the hood kids.

>D really? during Dipset's prime and during da jersey era? your timeline ain't adding up.

we were still on da baggy era in da mid 2000's..

hell-rell-juelz-santana-and-camron-picture-id79491120

Shoot....this is exactly like 05. Jimmy ain’t in the pic. He was on his Nike boot wave. Soon after...Santana would join him.

After like 05 and definitely into the late 00s (06.07.08.09)....AF1 wasnt it anymore. I’m sorry bruh. It is what it is :lol:.

Remember a club song, where shorty had a skit clowning a ***** for trying to holla at her with some forces on :lol:. This was 05. It went out of style at a point.

That’s real.

what swaggerless universe you occupied?

you were just too young to remember you said it yourself your high school years were between 2007 to 2010, way past Nike SB and dunks prime overall.

that was da primary demographic rockin SB's... teenagers...hello, who else was naming em corny nicknames? :lol:
can you stop it.. the average teenager in the heights even NYC was not wearing SB's. Only sneaker heads was wearing SB's around that time.

The AVERAGE teenager was not wearing exclusive nike sb dunks. **** don't even make sense if you just think about it. Mans really gonna tell me every teenager was wearing nike sb's like it was a fashion trend. :lol:

You was like 45 in 07. what did you know about what was hot

Back
Top Bottom