Did AF1’s Ever Go Out Of Style In Your Region?

What Color AF1 You Prefer More?

• White

Votes: 30 65.2%
  • Black

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • I FW Both

Votes: 12 26.1%

• Total voters
Yes. From 05-11....they were clowned out. Resurgence in 2012. Then another resurgence from 2018 to present

All I can think of is 01-04’ velour jumpsuits over tall white tees. Pinwheel new era fitteds over Durags, with either cornrows or waves. Then white af1 lows to complete the look. Anybody that rocked af1s anytime post 04’ looks like a clown to me, no matter what.

maybe y’all old ****** was wearing them but no one young was wearing af1’s for a while.

that's a lie.

highs? always been flava.

s-l400.jpg

these were on all da young dudes feet since they dropped years ago.

pinwheel

big *** polo

Girbaud shorts or khaki cargos

forces, laced through only the bottom and top with the double bow.

you couldn’t tell me ****. :pimp:

that's a lie.

highs? always been flava.

s-l400.jpg

these were on all da young dudes feet since they dropped years ago.
Now days, all I’m seeing are the lows. Now that I remember, back then the highs were more popular because they had the lil strap

Yes. From 05-11....they were clowned out

u got ur time line super effed up.

rappers-sheek-styles-p-and-jadakiss-perform-at-the-hot-97-summer-jam-picture-id53025713

this was 2005.

uptowns slowed up for 3 years TOPS, AFTER da 25th anniversary when Nike churned out DOZENS of pairs and saturated da market for years....

and even then ish like

Nike-Air-Force-1-High-Foamposite-BHM.jpg

was dropping selling out full price.

Vividly remember clowning people for still rocking forces in high school :lol: (04-08).

They were a dusty ***** shoe for the latter half of a decade....til ASAP and them slowly brought em back. Then the all white lows became a “Miami shoe”, Then the white lows around 2017 as a spring/summer shoe became fully acceptable again.

Mids were for trailer trash around my way. You only rocked mids if they can in a fire colorway.

only mids I had were the black nubuck with the white swoosh.

High tops were acceptable but not in all white. :sick: Again had to be a fire colorway.

lows were always cool pretty much except for the busted all blacks that crackheads wore.

u got ur time line super effed up.

rappers-sheek-styles-p-and-jadakiss-perform-at-the-hot-97-summer-jam-picture-id53025713

this was 2005.

uptowns slowed up for 3 years TOPS, AFTER da 25th anniversary when Nike churned out DOZENS of pairs and saturated da market for years....

and even then ish like

Nike-Air-Force-1-High-Foamposite-BHM.jpg

was dropping selling out full price.

I’m tellin you....CLOWNED OUT :lol:.

They had to go make Copper AF1’s because fomaposite was KING at this time. And we all know Bmore/DC is the foam, AF1, Nike boots and DTLR home.

This is why they did this. If it wasn’t foam, NB or throwback 90s Nike’s in the mid to late 00s....(Barkley, Deion’s, Pippen, etc)...it wasn’t “slick”. Those mid 90s Nike’s got their 2nd life round 05. AF1 was OUT. Timbs was OUT. Field boots...then it went to Nike Boots was in.

That’s how it went.

They were a dusty ***** shoe for the latter half of a decade....til ASAP and them slowly brought em back.

nah.

you talking out ur *** or you young.

nike-acg-air-force-one-pack-1.jpg

ish like this dropped in 2008.

da problem was Foamposites (and Nike SB) were at their peak prime popularity and a lot of ya ain't have money for both or ain't notice what was going on in da realm of uptowns.

While forces have gone “in” and “out” over the years, they are classics and they aint goin nowhere.

nah.

you talking out ur *** or you young.

nike-acg-air-force-one-pack-1.jpg

ish like this dropped in 2008.

da problem was Foamposites (and Nike SB) were at their peak prime popularity and a lot of ya ain't have money for both or ain't notice what was going on in da realm of uptowns.

These was goofy in 08 :lol:. Like you said...SB, Vans etc took this market over top art he time.

Forces for sure went out of STYLE at this point. That’s the point. It wasn’t what it was in the 90s, early 00s and now. These specialty packs were targeted. But they weren’t the cool, go too...everybody shoe.

They went out of style. That’s the point.

The thing is, as "sneaker heads" we're programmed to only notice when someone has heat on. If we see someone with something we'd wear it catches our eye. Otherwise, we won't even notice. So asking a sneaker forum may skew the facts because it could've still been popular but we weren't checking for them.

Air Forces finished 2nd in total units sold in 2019

Back
Top Bottom