Did AF1’s Ever Go Out Of Style In Your Region?

What Color AF1 You Prefer More?

• White

Votes: 30 65.2%
  • Black

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • I FW Both

Votes: 12 26.1%

• Total voters
Idk maybe I'm out of the loop. But in NYC I'm not seeing people rocking UPS like they once did.

I know I'm starting to get older. But the only people I see wearing a cris white pair are cats mid 30s and up.
I'm in BK tho

But fo real though I don’t even know why this even a thread.

The forces are a staple to the sneaker game. They like chucks, timbs, new era, or polo.

Always a classic.

But fo real though I don’t even know why this even a thread.

The forces are a staple to the sneaker game. They like chucks, timbs, new era, or polo.

Always a classic.
Clearly it’s not the case as multiple people have attested to the popularity of AF1’s dipping throughout the years

its still cold outside..wait till da heat increases.
Camron_BlackEye.jpg

They were definitely cold for a good 5-6 years. That’s not to say that people weren’t buying them, it just wasn’t the same people lining up for Jordan’s or SB’s. I think people forget that the rest of the population still buys the rest of those terrible sneakers on the wall in foot stores. I worked at footlocker from 2010-2013. The popular jordan or foamposite would sell out in a day. That still leaves the other 30ish days in the month that people still have to buy shoes. I sold more son of mars and flight 45s than I did 11s and 3s because we would get a new shipment of those every week. Once the retro sold out, it was a wrap. I sold tonsssssss of white on white Air Force 1s back then, but it was mostly to people who weren’t into sneakers and just needed something to wear. I’d say it spiked a bit in popularity again with the supreme high collaboration and then in the last few years it really became acceptable and trendy again to wear them. I definitely remember a stigma attached to them for a while though. Right around that fusion time and a few years that followed that.

Not into trends but I did cop these last month just because of the nostalgia. Plus, can’t beat $45 at the outlet.
937388A6-84B5-4027-9D48-A1486C2089E3.jpeg

I have also noticed more teens wearing them. Dunks and blazers are soon to follow.

idk bout blazers...Nike literally doesn't make enough to support a trend.

they had a lil run in da late 2000's... remember these?

nike-anthracite-pack-2.jpg

Blazers will come back and it will be some girl influencers that bring them back as well. They're basically Nike's take on chucks which are already classics. Right now the trend is bringing back stuff that people try to say is dead.

Blazers will come back and it will be some girl influencers that bring them back as well. They're basically Nike's take on chucks which are already classics. Right now the trend is bringing back stuff that people try to say is dead.

ironically blazes don't mesh that well w/ athleisure wear because of their length on foot.

Reactions: ace
Nike was starting to campaign them and was doing a great job following the success of the OW Blazers, but for whatever season they’ve stopped seemingly.

idk bout blazers...Nike literally doesn't make enough to support a trend.

they had a lil run in da late 2000's... remember these?

nike-anthracite-pack-2.jpg

Nike does make plenty when the numbers spike. I remember they had lots of colorways for them when they became hot. I just wish they doubled on the cushion, they were worse than Vans comfort wise.

Last edited:
DC dudes have always preferred New Balance over Af1.

Remember, many of the things we do, culturally, have simply been to spite NY.

Yeah, for some reason in Hampton Roads, some people call Uptowns DC's.

I've asked quite a few people why, because they're known New Balance.

They've never gone out of style for other people, but they went out of style for me. The cheap quality leather and wack colors.

Yeah, for some reason in Hampton Roads, some people call Uptowns DC's.

I've asked quite a few people why, because they're known New Balance.

Down in the 804...they call them “Flaves”. Them *****s down there, LOVE Forces :lol:

They always rocked converses or vans. Instagram put them on game

IG really got squares faking the funk. There used to be a time where you could distinguish naturally cool people and squares.

Now you have squares adopting things that cool people normally were up on when it comes to fashion.

Example, fade haircuts, white AF1s, chelsea boots. IG got people looking like cookie cutter carbon copies
big facts

they will never go out of style for ME
idc what anyone says
colorways have been lacking
as well as quality
but thats why i try to find older pairs
and pick and choose which pairs i actually buy

Back
Top Bottom