Did AF1’s Ever Go Out Of Style In Your Region?

What Color AF1 You Prefer More?

• White

Votes: 30 65.2%
  • Black

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • I FW Both

Votes: 12 26.1%

• Total voters
531CB4CF-B7F3-4540-ADDE-CF2B678FC1B3.jpeg

I honestly don't recall them ever being particularly in style in my region, though I think it was at least a shoe that was considered normal as opposed to something people viewed as belonging solely in a sports setting. Very different from the US in that regard.
Generally the more 'athletic' the shoe looked, the bigger the laughingstock you'd turn into at school. One particular example I remember is that wearing Air Maxes to school was basically a guaranteed way to get mocked.

That seems to have changed a lot in the past decade as streetwear grew more popular. I even see the occasional pair of Jordans now, which was practically unheard of when I was in school, aside from sports activities.

DC dudes have always preferred New Balance over Af1.

Remember, many of the things we do, culturally, have simply been to spite NY.
Nah don't try to hide real 'bama' **** behind spite.

Actually saw my nephew cop a fresh pair of white on whites and made me smile. Love that dude man, got an old soul and heart of a leader.

Did joke a bit though that only teenage white girls rock em now and they rock em dirty.

They didn’t necessarily go “out of style”..They’re like Ralph Lauren Polos: Always acceptable. Truth be told, they’re kinda the go-to for the “cool old head” with the button down and the boot cut jeans. :lol:

Nah don't try to hide real 'bama' **** behind spite.

Actually saw my nephew cop a fresh pair of white on whites and made me smile. Love that dude man, got an old soul and heart of a leader.

Did joke a bit though that only teenage white girls rock em now and they rock em dirty.
Newer generationals wear different colors of NB's.

General staples in anyone 34+ in DC

Grey

Newer generationals wear different colors of NB's.

General staples in anyone 34+ in DC

Grey
the gray 574 is/was pretty universal.
you the type of dude that prolly came out the womb wearing new balances cause you a square
just ask him to be cordial w/ u again man. i think u admire him, and are upset that he insulted u like a year ago.

I don’t wear them anymore but I see they definitely gained steam again as girls put the shell toes down and picked up the af1s.

the gray 574 is/was pretty universal.

just ask him to be cordial w/ u again man. i think u admire him, and are upset that he insulted u like a year ago.
I wasn't implying it was something that was EXCLUSIVE to DC. More of a signature.

We just never really rocked with AF1 like that. Not my generation.

All white AF1’s are making a comeback where I live (Arizona). Sorority girls have adopted them and all white chucks as their own

Young white girls/dudes have always been about low cut all white shoes.

usually didnt even matter what they were...

Huaraches still cool?

I just copped a pair of all black Lows not too long ago. The Nike store has hella air maxes too, those have always been :pimp:

its simmering down but basically those Huaraches were da epitome of da jogger athleisure movement years ago.

you can basically pinpoint when they caught fire because at one point Nike didn't release all black Lows stateside it was a Europe only deal.

nike retro has a Huarache thread and you can see as soon as nike released a small quantity at 1st and it caught fire to da point that they're always on da shelf including da all red pair.

Last edited:
I used to manage a FNL up until September last year. I get teenage white girls asking us for Air Forces least 5 times a day everyday. 3 years ago it was the same thing Adidas Superstar.

and before those it was da stan smiths, and before those it was da rob laver, and before those it was da authentic vans. ( i used to work at journeys lol)

Yeah I saw the all red pair too. I can’t be out here all flamed up though. :lol:

you make a point with the athleisure movement. They are the perfect shoe for that. I love a pair of wovens too but I feel like they are too wild for the athleisure heads.

Young white girls/dudes have always been about low cut all white shoes.

usually didnt even matter what they were...
They always rocked converses or vans. Instagram put them on game

IG really got squares faking the funk. There used to be a time where you could distinguish naturally cool people and squares.

Now you have squares adopting things that cool people normally were up on when it comes to fashion.

Example, fade haircuts, white AF1s, chelsea boots. IG got people looking like cookie cutter carbon copies

Last edited:
On the real I respect the history of this shoe but I've always found it to be way too bulky. All three cuts. Cleaner white on white go to has always been the stan smith.
Word. Never liked how thick and chunky the midsole was on AF1s. Never liked them. I liked dunks more because the midsole was low profile

Back
Top Bottom