Delete

Understandable.  But as a fan one should still support the players on the field, especially the QB.  My question would have to be if Smith has a good, not great year and leads us to a division title will you all still be on the anti-Smith or start Nate Davis bandwagon?
BTW is anyone good with sigs?  I was hoping someone could make a dope one for the season

Lol @ saying you can't be anti-smith because he's our starting QB. Forreals?

Ahh the predictions of 9ers being 10-6 NFC champs starts up again
pimp.gif

We've gone down this road before.

^Only difference is that this time, our main competition has gotten substantially weaker.

I don't get that argument either.

Who knows what will happen? The Padres are running things and everyone thought they'd finish last. Seattle might be a completely different team with Pete Carroll as head coach.

As far as Alex Smith turning it around and leading this team to the playoffs - I'll still be anti-Smith. He's $$!@!* this team over too many times for me to be a fan of his. Much like Zito. He's on my team, I want my team to do well, but to hell with him as a player.

No 49er team in the previous 7-8 years has had the talent, depth, and continuity that this team has.  Couple that with the fact that the Cardinals have lost some key players and there is no reason why we should not win the division.  That is something I haven't been able to say in a long time.

Alex managed to learn every new offense that was brought to the 49ers every year
Yeah, Alex might have learned a new offense every year but given the results he was able to manufacture I would say he didn't learn them the new offenses well enough.

I don't understand the reasoning behind openly being "anti-Smith."  He's our starting QB.  Period.  You should support him and our team's success no matter what.
It's not that we anti-Smith that we want the team or him to fail, we're not Rush Limbaugh or anything like that with the chant "I hope he fails".  It's just that we are pro-Nate or really moreso pro "anybody" not named Alex Smith.  For years we have seen what Alex Smith can do, or should I say NOT able to do.  You dudes can talk about having a new offensive coordinator for the past few years all you want to but at the end of the day I've seen Alex Smith not able to complete a simple 5 yard pass time after time.  As stated before, talent wise Nate Davis is clearly better than Alex Smith.  With that being said I'll take the guy with more talent versus the guy who isn't any day of the week.......twice on Sunday.

Alex is definitely a big bust as a number one overall (and also since Mike Nolan was too stupid and didn't take Aaron Rodgers), but hey, at least he's not JaMarcus Russell. I do feel he can be decent this year, but we'll see.

Even if you dont like Smith you should want him to have a good season because if he has a bad season were going to have to go through the trouble of looking for a new QB again. I doubt there would be any really good QBs in free agency next year and drafting a rookie QB would set us back another couple of years.

Alex is far from a "bust". 
Aaron Rodgers would have been in the same situation as Smith if he would have came to SF.  Smtih was thrown to the wolves with a team that was at the bottom of the NFL in talent.  Rodgers got to sit on the bench behind Favre, and come into a great situation.  If you can't see that at least then you are just being naive.  

Aaron Rodgers would have been in the same situation as Smith if he would have came to SF.  Smtih was thrown to the wolves with a team that was at the bottom of the NFL in talent.  Rodgers got to sit on the bench behind Favre, and come into a great situation.  If you can't see that at least then you are just being naive.  

Come on, man. If Smith would have been on the bench, that would not help with his accuracy or pocket presence. Having to learn new offenses is one thing, but making throws is completely different.

You see the throws Rodgers makes and I know for a fact Smith can't even dream about making those same throws. You really need to take your 49er blinders off.

Rodgers still played with the most injured O-Line in the league and still performed like a beast.

Regardless of him sitting on the bench, Rodgers was "thrown into the wolves" as well.

All these damn excuses for Alex %$+@+%+ Smith, #%@$ is getting old.

He sucks.

Originally Posted by Bruce Waynee

As a number one overall pick in a draft, Alex is easily a bust. Even a blind man can see that. Can he be a solid quarterback? Sure, definitely. But as a number one overall pick, you expect him to be a Pro Bowl caliber QB, and clearly he is far from that. I'm just happy he didn't fade away, and he's actually stuck around trying to make a place for himself in the league, and I can give him credit for that.

Rodgers is just way more polished as a pro-style QB coming out of college, and it's been emphatically proven to be true the last 5 years. He has no run game, and a crap o-line, and had to deal with the drama of replacing a prima donna QB. And he exceeded expectations.
If you can't see that then you are just being naive.

I agree he is a more polished QB.  But like I said compare the two situations they were both placed in and the lineage of their career and its obvious as to why one has out-shined the other so greatly to this point.  And like acid said he actually took a pay cut to come back and work his way back to being a legit starting QB even after Nolan, the injuries, revolving door at OC. So success or failure this year, I wish him the best.  Could have been worse, Leinart could have come out that year and we would have him as our QB 
laugh.gif

But really though, I think he will have a good season and if not there is a ton of talent at the QB position this year in the draft so its really a win-win situation for us.

Back
Top Bottom