Delete

pimp.gif

So, we have Gore, Westbrook & big Dixon as our 1-2-3? A big, young O-Line....With Crabs, Ginn, Vernon & Josh...Westbrook on 3rd downs and screens
pimp.gif

No excuses this year y'all.

49ers sign Brian Westbrook

Former Eagles running back Brian Westbrook has signed a one-year contract with the San Francisco 49ers.

[h4]NFC West blog[/h4]
sando_mike_m.jpg
ESPN.com's Mike Sando writes about all things NFC West in his division blog.

• Blog network: NFL Nation

Westbrook has been looking to find a job, visiting several teams in recent months. Westbrook had spent his entire eight-year career in Philadelphia but was released in the offseason after injuries limited him to just eight games in 2009.

The 49ers' 2009 third-round pick, running back Glen Coffee, abruptly retired over the weekend. Coffee was expected to compete with Anthony Dixon and Michael Robinson for the backup job to starter Frank Gore. Coffee told the 49ers he no longer wanted to play football.

Westbrook is a two-time Pro Bowler and at the height of his career was considered one of the best all-around backs in football. However, he struggled with multiple concussions in recent years and the Eagles decided to move on.

Westbrook led the NFL with 2,104 yards from scrimmage in 2007, but missed eight games last season with a pair of concussions and an ankle injury while scoring only two touchdowns.

The 30-year old passed a physical on a visit to St. Louis earlier this offseason. As recently as Saturday, the Rams denied reports they were close to a deal with Westbrook.

Westbrook also visited the Washington ******** and Denver Broncos during the course of the summer.

Hopefully he can stay away from them damn concussions!

I use to be a big Westbrook fan so im happy to see him come here. Hopefully the niners use him since they dont like to give any touches to the backup rb.

traded balmer too.

SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP)—Defensive lineman Kentwan Balmer(notes) was traded to the Seattle Seahawks on Monday after a mysterious absence from the San Francisco 49ers over the past week.

Both teams confirmed the swap Monday and the Seahawks say they will send an undisclosed 2011 draft pick to the Niners. Balmer left the 49ers last Monday for what coach Mike Singletary called personal reasons.

Balmer, the team’s first-round draft pick in 2008 out of North Carolina, missed his fifth straight practice Friday before the team traveled to Indianapolis for its exhibition opener against the Colts. Balmer’s absences had been unexcused since Wednesday. Balmer met Wednesday night with Singletary, but still was a no-show at training camp.

Former 49ers general manager Scot McCloughan, who abruptly departed the club in March, was hired by the Seahawks as a senior personnel executive in June. He is the right-hand man to general manager John Schneider.

Since McCloughan and the 49ers parted ways, San Francisco’s operations have been run by Trent Baalke. The 49ers scored 34 straight points and rallied to a 37-17 win over the Colts on Sunday.

On Thursday, the 49ers signed rookie free agent defensive tackle Will Tukuafu(notes) to a two-year contract to help fill the void left by Balmer’s absence. Tukuafu, out of Oregon, was originally signed by the Seahawks before they released him June 22.

The 23-year-old Balmer is entering the third year of an $8 million, five-year deal he signed as a rookie. He has yet to start a game and has recorded no sacks in his first two NFL seasons. He has 11 career solo tackles and has combined on eight others in 27 games.

McCloughan, you truly are a bum.

Balmer was such a terrible pick and I recall a majority of us were
ohwell.gif
@ the Glen Coffee pick.

I don't know what happen to Coffee, he must have joined Heavens Gate II.

Alex Smith, no O-Line will save you. He'll be holding the clipboard by week 5.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Anthony Davis was also a baddie pick and giving up what our 5th rounder?

With that said, what socal 9er fans are going to the SD game in December?

Originally Posted by bright nikes

McCloughan, you truly are a bum.

Balmer was such a terrible pick and I recall a majority of us were
ohwell.gif
@ the Glen Coffee pick.

I don't know what happen to Coffee, he must have joined Heavens Gate II.

Alex Smith, no O-Line will save you. He'll be holding the clipboard by week 5.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Anthony Davis was also a baddie pick and giving up what our 5th rounder?

With that said, what socal 9er fans are going to the SD game in December?
better believe it
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Diggin the deal for Westbrook as well. Dudes pretty nice when used as a wide-out as well.

I can not wait for this season to start! Now please no injuries in this pre season, and we should be looking at a mighty fine season.

Gore/Westbrook/Dixon is a good group of RB's 
pimp.gif

And Anthony Davis will be fine the kid is only 20 years old.  In the first pre-season game I saw him with some huge blocks and also some missed assignments but that's to be expected of any rookie tackle

Originally Posted by Cant Nobody Stop Me

Hopefully the niners use him since they dont like to give any touches to the backup rb.

It's gore who doesn't like backup RB's to get carries, he's openly said that before.

Originally Posted by milkandcookies

Where's MzD650 at?
Originally Posted by MzD650

Can someone explain why people think the 49ers Raiders are going to be good this season. Seriously.
Serves you right, no one can judge a team by 1 pre-season game.
grin.gif

1- What is it exactly that serves me right?

2-My question has ZERO to do with how the Raiders played in ANY sort of preseason game/practice.  

3-I still havent heard any of you clowns give me a single valid reason as to why the Raiders will be good this season.  

You clowns talking about 10-6. 
laugh.gif
  Since you are a huge Raider fan, why dont you try to explain it to me.  Or will you be like the rest of your fan base that makes these claims and have nothing to say about it.

Finally just watched the game. Had to remind myself over and over that its only preseason
laugh.gif
. When I wrote a couple of pages ago that we should go after Westbrook, I was honestly just saying that. I love the move, but had no clue we were actually trying to get him. I was just doing my own version of "do it mitch".....word to wcf and bn.

And lets keep the Raider chat out of here please.

More dead weight gone!

Brandon Bum Jones released
pimp.gif

Balmer, Coffee and Jones now gone.

M. Rob is next ... and Alex Smith
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by bright nikes

More dead weight gone!

Brandon Bum Jones released
pimp.gif

Balmer, Coffee and Jones now gone.

M. Rob is next ... and Alex Smith
nerd.gif
M rob is a ST captain I don't think he's gonna get cut anytime soon, Smith on the other hand...

Anyway, I'm happy as hell to hear Nate davis will be playing earlier in preseason now, I hope he shines against the 2s like he does for the 3s.

Nate Davis will never be a starting NFL quarterback. He has great athleticism for a QB, and has a rocket arm. But there are so many things that go into being an NFL quarterback. The fact that he has been on this team for more than 12 months now, and still knows less than half of the playbook, shows that this really isnt going to work for him. I know he has a learning disability, and he is doing the best he can given the circumstances, but your starting QB needs to be the leader of your team. He needs to set an example.

I know he hit a big play yesterday....one that Alex Smith might not be able to do. But watching the two and comparing them against each other, you should see its not even close.  When Nate was in, they kept running the same play over and over again. You cant do that in the NFL.

If we have the same offensive coordinator and playbook for the next 5 years, sure. Maybe Nate will be able to figure things out by then. I just wouldnt expect it. Excuse my insensitivity, but I dont want the starting QB of my team to be dyslexic.

Back
Top Bottom