Delete

Originally Posted by Bruce Waynee

I wouldn't be surprised if the 49ers beat the Saints on MNF just because that's how the NFL is but as of right now I'm just praying we don't embarass ourselves.

i got a feeling they'll be a completely different team at home but they better get on it.

week 3 at KC is gonna be tough because the Chiefs are tough at arrowhead even when they suck  and at a decent Falcons team for week 4.   they better get it together otherwise the schedule could set them up for 0-4

im sure singletary is gonna work the team and give them hell this week tho

all i can say is
smh.gif

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

McNabb would have been nice..Vick, not so much..

If we had either of them we would be 1-0.  Bottom line.

That's completely untrue. Although Alex had a bad game he's not the only reason we lost. He wasn't jumping routes and getting beat. He wasn't turning and trying to run before making catches. He wasn't the one running wrong routes. He wasn't the one calling plays running Gore up the middle on third downs. There we plenty of reasons why we lost Sunday and although Alex was one of them, he wasn't the only one.

That's completely untrue. Although Alex had a bad game he's not the only reason we lost. He wasn't jumping routes and getting beat. He wasn't turning and trying to run before making catches. He wasn't the one running wrong routes. He wasn't the one calling plays running Gore up the middle on third downs. There we plenty of reasons why we lost Sunday and although Alex was one of them, he wasn't the only one.

I completely agree with you that Alex wasnt the only one who played poorly.  Its not all on the quarterback, but its a lot on the QB.  But lets really break it down.  
-The pass to Morgan when he couldnt get his second foot down....if the throw is better, he doesnt need to jump. TOUCHDOWN.

-The pass where he thought Norris was 12 feet tall.....if the throw is better, we score a TOUCHDOWN.

-The ball that bounced off of Crabtree.....should have been caught.  Not entirely on Alex....but wheres the touch?

-The second interception Singletary has gone on record to say that it wasnt a bad route, it was a bad throw.

-Alex wastes timeout after time out.

-If the defense had any confidence that we could score on offense, do you think we would be jumping every route in hopes of a pick 6?  

Now you should know that aside from you, I am and have been the biggest Alex Smtih supporter on this board.  But that is quickly fading away.  To say this entire game was on him is foolish (the OLine was horrible, Crabtree was horrible, the play calling was pretty bad, and the DLine didnt do well either).  But if we had a decent NFL QB, we would have been up 17-0 MINIMUM, to start the game.  With our D, we win the game if spotted 17 points.  No question about it.

Therefore, if we had Vick or McNabb instead of Smith.....we win the game yesterday.  

I completely agree with you that Alex wasnt the only one who played poorly.  Its not all on the quarterback, but its a lot on the QB.  But lets really break it down.  
-The pass to Morgan when he couldnt get his second foot down....if the throw is better, he doesnt need to jump. TOUCHDOWN.

-The pass where he thought Norris was 12 feet tall.....if the throw is better, we score a TOUCHDOWN.

-The ball that bounced off of Crabtree.....should have been caught.  Not entirely on Alex....but wheres the touch?

-The second interception Singletary has gone on record to say that it wasnt a bad route, it was a bad throw.

-Alex wastes timeout after time out.

-If the defense had any confidence that we could score on offense, do you think we would be jumping every route in hopes of a pick 6?  

Now you should know that aside from you, I am and have been the biggest Alex Smtih supporter on this board.  But that is quickly fading away.  To say this entire game was on him is foolish (the OLine was horrible, Crabtree was horrible, the play calling was pretty bad, and the DLine didnt do well either).  But if we had a decent NFL QB, we would have been up 17-0 MINIMUM, to start the game.  With our D, we win the game if spotted 17 points.  No question about it.

Therefore, if we had Vick or McNabb instead of Smith.....we win the game yesterday.  

The Morgan throw was not a bad throw, even the TV announcer acknowledged that. The play to Norris was 100% Alex's fault. As far as the Crabtree catch is concerened, if you said it should have been caught, then it should have been caught, period. If it wasn't a bad route then I obviously I do agree that it was a terrible throw. The time out situation is not Alex fault and that has been adressed by Sing. Alex talked about how late he was getting the calls told to him during the game. Sing even went on to say that they might have Jimmy Ray down on the field to cut out the middle man. As far as the defense, I don't agree with your comment because both of those happened when we were either up, or down by 1 point. It's not like they were trying to help us come back from a big margin. Both Reggie and Clements *%%$+% up on those two plays and that's all on them.

Like I said, Alex is one of the reasons we lost but to say we would have won with a new QB? Come on..

Honestly, if they keep this up I want the three headed monster gone next season. Sing, Raye, and Alex need to go.

Honestly, if they keep this up I want the three headed monster gone next season. Sing, Raye, and Alex need to go.
you know i was second guessing if we should let sing go as much as i love the guy i think his inexperience as a head coach can blow up in our faces but before we let him go we have to give him a better QB

and yes raye needed to go after last season

[h1]Communication a growing problem for Niners[/h1]
The growing tension between San Francisco 49ers players and the coaching staff bubbled to the surface in the team’s surprisingly lopsided loss at Seattle on Sunday. While coach Mike Singletary took quick action to call a team meeting Sunday night to get the coaches and players back on the same page, the reality is that Singletary is navigating some very choppy waters.

1284498593.jpg

Singletary gets a little animated during Sunday’s loss.
(Joe Nicholson/US Presswire)

It’s the kind of problem that could spoil not only a season expected to yield a division title, but also Singletary’s career as a head coach.

More From Jason Cole

[table][tr][td][size=-2]ADVERTISEMENT[/size]
[/td][/tr][/table]
b

On Sunday, the 49ers wasted three timeouts and were called for a delay-of-game penalty on three first-half possessions when they got inside the Seattle 10-yard line. By the end of those three possessions, the 49ers had only two field goals (though a touchdown was negated during one series following a booth review). Ultimately, that’s the definition of ineffective football, allowing Seattle to gain momentum on the way to a 31-6 victory.

After the game, quarterback Alex Smith pointed the finger at the coaching staff, saying the plays weren’t getting in fast enough. Smith was right and Singletary tried to cover that fact by claiming there were problems with the team’s headsets.

According to multiple sources familiar with the circumstances, the real problem has been more than a year in the making and became more significant following changes the 49ers made within the coaching staff this offseason.

In Singletary’s first full season last year, offensive coordinator Jimmy Raye, one of the more respected veteran coaches in the league, was calling plays from the coach’s box upstairs. Raye would call plays down to offensive assistant Jason Michael, who would then send the play into the quarterback. That system worked effectively even at times when Raye struggled to find exactly the right play or say it exactly the right way.

“It seems like Jimmy calls plays from memory a lot of the time and not exactly the way it’s written down,

As stated many times in the off-season this is a win-win situation as far as the QB situation with Alex's contract up at the end of the season.
Either:

1) He performs well and we can resign him a reasonable amount (not looking likely albiet after one game)

2) We draft a QB into a great situation in a draft class that has a lot of potentially good QBs

a) Luck

b) Locker

c) Kellen Moore

d) Ponder

e) Mallet

f) And my personal choice... NICK FOLES 
pimp.gif

OT: But watch the Iowa @ Arizona game this weekend.  Dude is 6'5 245 with a cannon and ridiculously accurate.  If he somehow came out and got drafted by the 49ers he would automatically become my favorite player ever 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom