Delete

Originally Posted by ady2glude707

http://espn.go.com/espnra...show?showId=mikeandmike#

http://sports.espn.go.com...10/news/story?id=5493278

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5528592

Interesting for 3 journalists (4 if you count what peter king said) to pick the niners as a superbowl team this year and not go with one of the "sexy" picks.  This team is headed in the right direction and gaining some respect once again.

We don't deserve the respect....Yet...We need to go out on the field and earn the respect. We were supposed to win the NFC West I don't know for how many years now and we've done nothing.

With that said, this year playoffs are a MUST. We MUST win the NFCW. We are headed in the right direction, and we've got a lot of talent so anything less is a failure in my eyes.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Originally Posted by ady2glude707

http://espn.go.com/espnra...show?showId=mikeandmike#

http://sports.espn.go.com...10/news/story?id=5493278

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5528592

Interesting for 3 journalists (4 if you count what peter king said) to pick the niners as a superbowl team this year and not go with one of the "sexy" picks.  This team is headed in the right direction and gaining some respect once again.

We don't deserve the respect....Yet...We need to go out on the field and earn the respect. We were supposed to win the NFC West I don't know for how many years now and we've done nothing.

With that said, this year playoffs are a MUST. We MUST win the NFCW. We are headed in the right direction, and we've got a lot of talent so anything less is a failure in my eyes.

took the words out my mouth

I've been looking around for information about it, but can someone here confirm that the Niners will indeed be moving to Santa Clara? Has that ship set sail?

JasonLaCanfora

Vernon Davis signs 5 year extension with SF (6 total yrs no in deal). Makes him highest paid TE in NFL history. $23m guar, and $37M total.

get that money vernon.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

JasonLaCanfora

Vernon Davis signs 5 year extension with SF (6 total yrs no in deal). Makes him highest paid TE in NFL history. $23m guar, and $37M total.

wow...i mean i love vernon but highest paid TE in history?

i expect him to play like he did last year and more

hey guys just wanna get in team niners. im from SF but moved to MD when i was 4. but been a niners fan since birth. thanks!
and pics
wink.gif

ir4bix.jpg
pimp.gif

2uoqpog.jpg
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

old sweater i use to rock in elementary school
29f6khl.jpg
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Vernon's deal is actually really good for both sides.  Only 23 mil guaranteed over 5 years...
Now we can see who deserves extensions after the season.  Goldson, Lawson, Franklin, Smith, etc.

After having a night to sleep on it here are some things I thought of:

1) First and foremost I truley believe the team bought into their own hype and got surprised by a hostile road environment.
2) Alex Smith isn't good.
3) Alex Smith isn't bad either.  He played poorly but so did the whole team.  He isn't Peyton Manning we all knew he'd be playing the "game manager" role
4) Crabtree + Smith not having any preseason work clearly showed.
5) Defense played well to start the game but then once they started going to the air, not so much.  (Clements did get screwed on that 3rd down "hold" though)

I wouldn't be surprised if the 49ers beat the Saints on MNF just because that's how the NFL is but as of right now I'm just praying we don't embarass ourselves.

Alex Smith is mediocre at best. I think everybody knows that. He just needs to be more consistent.

We could have had Aaron Rodgers....Mike Nolan is a piece of #+++, basically.

Originally Posted by acidicality

Alex Smith is mediocre at best. I think everybody knows that. He just needs to be more consistent.

alex smith is a 2nd string NFL QB

to be fair aaron rodgers did learn under brett all those years and we wouldve thrown him to the wolves the way we did with smith

although id rather wouldve taken a chance with aaron than this guy we have now

The secondary was buns. They gambled way too much going for the big plays.
The play nate got called for holding was terrible. it would've been 4th down too, i believe. -- Nate still sucks though.
Niners gotta do something about how they relay the offensive plays. Time management blows.

I also wonder how much of a factor, or non at all MRobinson played. Watching the game, it looked like Seattle's D was anticipating certain plays. Or Raye just sucks.
kanye-west-shrug.jpg

Originally Posted by NothingToL0se

The secondary was buns. They gambled way too much going for the big plays.
The play nate got called for holding was terrible. it would've been 4th down too, i believe. -- Nate still sucks though.
Niners gotta do something about how they relay the offensive plays. Time management blows.

I also wonder how much of a factor, or non at all MRobinson played. Watching the game, it looked like Seattle's D was anticipating certain plays. Or Raye just sucks.
kanye-west-shrug.jpg
Raye does suck, this season will be like last with non creative, conservative play calling when were in the game or leading the game, and will call for strikes down the field if and only if the niners are down by three tds.  they need to get of rid him (who even ever heard of this guy and hes been in the league for years) and find new qb and cbs in the draft/FA

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by acidicality

alex smith is a 2nd string NFL QB

to be fair aaron rodgers did learn under brett all those years and we wouldve thrown him to the wolves the way we did with smith

although id rather wouldve taken a chance with aaron than this guy we have now

Rodgers has had a lot of pressure of having to follow Favre and not having a good o-line and run game (so he's dealt with quite a bit in GB too), so I think even if we threw him out into the wolves, he would have been way better. His ability to be a QB is just much more solid in comparison to Alex. Being around Favre maybe polished his game a bit, but I still think he'd be pretty close to what he is now over here. 

We should have tried to go after another QB though...Vick and/or McNabb...

Back
Top Bottom