Deadspin: Richard Sherman And The Plight Of The Conquering Negro

I'm a Richard Sherman fan for life after all this

Anybody who has issue with what he did after the game is either soft or has a different issue ill leave it at that

exactly

Are you guys serious? Showing good sportsmanship is soft? Respect for your opponent is soft?

I'm not up in arms or anything over what he said but I can understand taking issue with what he said.

reading those tweets really makes me sick to my stomach.

I wish he had not offered up that apology and would just speak to it all as he should.

I don't watch much American Football, but I happened to watch the last few minutes of that game and it was simply amazing. Loved the interview, didn't even think it was bad sportsmanship, just a dude being honest in regards to the only thing that matters -the game. Loud? yes, but oddly tactful in his dissection of Crabtrees skillfulness. 
laugh.gif

It's nice to see a character that is also a good person -even in the aftermath of the 'interviews' and I had never even heard of the guy before. Big fan now, especially if he keeps putting up Deion numbers....better even.
smokin.gif

Last edited:
Are you guys serious? Showing good sportsmanship is soft? Respect for your opponent is soft?

I'm not up in arms or anything over what he said but I can understand taking issue with what he said.

Agreed. He didn't need to go up to Crabtree and slap his behind. He obviously did it to provoke and get something out of him. That's what he's always been known for.

Racism aside, all the criticism directed towards him he deserves.

Sherman is a certified tool.

This wasn't a racist thing until Twitter users started making racial comments. I applaud Sherman for being a smart and successful black man. But, that thing with Crabtree was still disrespectful. He repeatedly made numerous chump *** moves like that before which leads me to believe he's an ******* to other players of opposing teams. Brutal sports does not give you the right to be an *******, keep that **** in the trenches. And I thought Boldin was an ******* but at least he doesn't gloat about winning to the losing players in front of their faces.

I don't watch much American Football, but I happened to watch the last few minutes of that game and it was simply amazing. Loved the interview, didn't even think it was bad sportsmanship, just a dude being honest in regards to the only thing that matters -the game. Loud? yes, but oddly tactful in his dissection of Crabtrees skillfulness. :lol:  

It's nice to see a character that is also a good person -even in the aftermath of the 'interviews' and I had never even heard of the guy before. Big fan now, especially if he keeps putting up Deion numbers....better even.:smokin  

I don't understand how anyone can watch that interview and not think Sherman is a tool. I don't think any less of him as a human being, and it's def not serious enough to call him a thug.....but he can be very classless. Dude made it a point to beat a man when he's down, I don't mind some in game trash talk but when the results are in keep it classy. :lol:

Lmao so soft. Beat down a man when hes down? YOU DO REALIZE CRABTREE STILL MAKING MILLIONS TO PLAY A GAME B?

Cmon now. At the end of the day he still going home drowning in money but we should feel sympathy? Lmao

Ya'll dudes talking bout classless prb have an issue with Marcus Garvey too...

More than likely have an issue with this...

^ Ya'll would call Malcolm classless too...
mean.gif

I'm so sick of the word class or classy in regard to sports. It's basically used because as the article says you can't be talented, arrogant and black. Who cares if someone is classy our not when playing football?

Is Malcolm not talking **** in an emotional manner?

Calling out the mediocre system for trying to test the mettle of African Americans?

Same concept...

Ya'll want dudes to grin and smile, and be beast on the field, but when its time to answer a question by the blonde its time to be classy?

foh.

Don't disrespect brother Malcolm like that.
Where did I compare him to Malcolm?

I said ya'll dudes would have said Garvey and Malcolm were classless too...

Just by being emotional black men speaking what's on their mind. 

But again, you want to associate the sport of football and class and somehow I'm in the wrong?

Since when did football have any semblance to class?

Yeah, I forgot after the Sherman rant right?

It was just corny to me, and it has nothing to do with his skin color. Act like you've been there, and show some class. Epitome of insecurity.

Everything you do has some semblance to class.
So when a guy performs a TD celebration is he being classless?

Let the man breathe bruh...talking bout he should act like he been there, for who?

Can a brother not get hype anymore?

You act like this man went out and committed a crime or something...
mean.gif

Last edited:
Funny I never heard the words class and football associated with each other until Sherman's rant...

Why the leading question? Where are you going with this?

To answer your question, a TD celebration can be classless depending on the celebration.
Meaning emotions are part of the game, a very violent game at that. 

Football players celebrate, some throw fits, some yell during post game interviews like Bart Scott, but its part of the game...

People who watch football know this. Never once have I heard people bring up class in football, especially as it relates to a players emotional outbursts. 

And now all of a sudden you want to tie class into a sport that is barbaric in nature. 

Funny I never heard the words class and football associated with each other until Sherman's rant...

Oh. Did you just start watching football recently?

Nobody really came out looking good in the incident; Moss came off as classless, while Buck seemed hopelessly stuffy.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...s-joe-buck-clear-air-over-2005-132852266.html

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/958436-stevie-johnson-and-5-most-classless-players-in-nfl

Last edited:
Did I just read that Ray Lewis is classy???
Same dude that had murder charges on him..
But Sherman is classless? TF

This guy put up Peyton and Jerry Rice...
grin.gif

What about this guy?

Straight beast...use to prowl the sideline like an animal....

Still didn't hear people refer to him as classless, you know why because he's a football player...

Moss mooned the crowd in his celebration...
grin.gif

So you're gonna pick out the most childish TD celebration of all time?

the bleacher report bruh...
mean.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom