Deadspin: Richard Sherman And The Plight Of The Conquering Negro

Calling him classless doesn't bother me but seeing hundreds of "classless n---er" tweets obviously did

Y'all can keep the classy players. I like the players with huge personalities. They make watching the game even more enjoyable for me.

You can have em. Most of the guys with huge personalities tend to be scrubs.
indifferent.gif

Y'all can keep the classy players. I like the players with huge personalities. They make watching the game even more enjoyable for me.

Deion Sanders, Lawarnce taylor, T.O., Ocho Cinco, Sherman, Mayweather, Ali, Mike Tyson, Usain Bolt, Allen Iverson, Michael Jordan, Charles Barkley, Randy Moss , Sugar Ray Robinson, just to name a few so yea.....no.

Deion Sanders, Lawarnce taylor, T.O., Ocho Cinco, Sherman, Mayweather, Ali, Mike Tyson, Usain Bolt, Allen Iverson, Michael Jordan, Charles Barkley, Randy Moss , Sugar Ray Robinson, just to name a few so yea.....no.

I'm talking about Football players so you can subtract at least half the guys on that list of yours.

So we have guys that have been apart of murder cases, have a plethora of baby mommas, rape cases(Big Ben,cough), but a dude has a moment after making a play and he is tasteless and classless..
Please help me understand this logic...

I'm talking about Football players so you can subtract at least half the guys on that list of yours.

Aaron Rodgers with his belt, Clinton Portis with his belt, Roddy White, Ray Lewis, DeAngelo Hall, Joey Porter, Philip Rivers, Antonio Cromartie, DeSean Jackson, Cortland Finnegan........

this story needs to die now, seriously.

he did NOTHING wrong.

end of story. trash talk and what not is what happens in sports 24/7

cry about something else, jeez man.

seriously...i swear the media really picks and chooses the stuff to gas up. dude is passionate about his game saving play. i mean...how is that wrong? i searched richard sherman in youtube the other day and a TON of erin andrews vids pop up.

"richard sherman goes off on erin andrews"

really?

tom brady went "off" on the refs. i mean...is it a race issue? well it wasn't. but apparently there were too many butt hurt people after the game, they just had to make it into one.

and truthfully i feel bad for sherman, he doesn't deserve this kind of scrutiny at all. media likes to make a controversy out of nothing. i respect the dude so much for handling it so well.

:smh:

So we have guys that have been apart of murder cases, have a plethora of baby mommas, rape cases(Big Ben,cough), but a dude has a moment after making a play and he is tasteless and classless..
Please help me understand this logic...
That is classless as well. I fail to see what you are talking about.

I fail to see how people cannot separate how Sherman's lack of tact has anything to do with his skin color. 

Last edited:

I fail to see how people cannot separate how Sherman's lack of tact has anything to do with his skin color. 

I THINK skin color got involved when people started calling him a "porch monkey", "n-word", "thug", etc.

But honestly, I'm really sick of all this "class" and "tact". It's a sport where grown men go out and try to knock each other on their *** in order to put the ball in the endzone.

This isn't Golf, or Tennis, or Swimming or any other sport that isn't physical. It's Football damnit. More emotion SHOULD be in interviews instead of all these pre scripted, boring ***, we're all best friends crap.

He didn't curse, he didn't say anything offensive that can't be repeated. Nobody should be in their feelings (except Crabtree :lol:) The fact this has been made into a big deal shows how terry-cloth soft and extremely sheltered most of america really is.

Exactly my point..
People in here making a fuss about a guy making a rant when there have been a multitude of cases of far worst acts...
And then on top of that using Ray Lewis as a beacon of hope, lol...
But to each their own because its obvious a "rant" is more upsetting then rape, murder, adultery,baby mommas and racism...

Exactly my point..
People in here making a fuss about a guy making a rant when there have been a multitude of cases of far worst acts...
And then on top of that using Ray Lewis as a beacon of hope, lol...
But to each their own because its obvious a "rant" is more upsetting then rape, murder, adultery,baby mommas and racism...
So people support rape, murder, adultery and drunk driving? In what fantasy land are you living in?

And what does Ray Lewis have to do with anything? (Insert reaching gif here)

Your point seems to be that there are worse things in the world (which is so obvious even you get it). That still doesn't have anything to do with what Sherman did. 

Last edited:
In-game trash-talk, ok. Post-game trash-talk, overboard. For a person to rub a win in the losers face is classless. Nothing to do with ethnicity or any of that BS. I was taught by almost all my coaches to be the better man in the end of the games I played and be respectful whether you win or lose.

In-game trash-talk, ok. Post-game trash-talk, overboard. For a person to rub a win in the losers face is classless. Nothing to do with ethnicity or any of that BS. I was taught by almost all my coaches to be the better man in the end of the games I played and be respectful whether you win or lose.

So I'm assuming you see Crabtree as classless too, then?

yup, regardless of what his race is it was bad sportsmanship 

I don't watch much American Football, but I happened to watch the last few minutes of that game and it was simply amazing. Loved the interview, didn't even think it was bad sportsmanship, just a dude being honest in regards to the only thing that matters -the game. Loud? yes, but oddly tactful in his dissection of Crabtrees skillfulness. 
laugh.gif

It's nice to see a character that is also a good person -even in the aftermath of the 'interviews' and I had never even heard of the guy before. Big fan now, especially if he keeps putting up Deion numbers....better even.
smokin.gif

I don't understand how anyone can watch that interview and not think Sherman is a tool. I don't think any less of him as a human being, and it's def not serious enough to call him a thug.....but he can be very classless. Dude made it a point to beat a man when he's down, I don't mind some in game trash talk but when the results are in keep it classy.
laugh.gif
how u sound

you watchin football, its a primal display of testosterone & adrenaline

you WANT to see someone get hit so hard their numbers fly off

but you want homie to keep it classy, despite the fact hes in one of the most informal settings you can be in, and he didnt even curse, theres no being classy u clown 

Back
Top Bottom