Deadspin: Richard Sherman And The Plight Of The Conquering Negro

Andre Iguodala is a Cornball brotherc for that tweet straight up.
roll.gif
 yo son that phrase gets me everytime!

My thing is if you pay any attention to football this whole Richard Sherman thing should be nothing. Sherman has always been an advid junk talker. Has anyone ever seen the interview between him and skip bayless last year? Only dude in history that shut up skip bayless. Don't be one of those dudes (or girls) that get into sports all late and try and hype up simple stuff, cause its corny. This whole thing is corny. Peyton Manning is on the verge of having the greatest season a QB has ever had and the media wants to taint history because the Super Bowl needs ratings. Smh

Last edited:

lol @ that word class, white people love using that **** man

there are hardly any people worthy of even making that judgement, and on top of that most of the people who use it are complete hypocrites

but what kills me is how serious this is, dude didnt even say anything that really deserves this kind of attention let alone response

white people literally will find anything wrong with you if youre not white and blow it out of proportion 
They have absolutely no room to talk about class once you put everything in a historical perspective.

Killing me like they so righteous...
mean.gif

The Isis Papers...
pimp.gif
word 
roll.gif

football isnt classy as a whole, its an informal setting, dude has his ****** helmet in his hand and is still suited up and prolly reeks from playin for the last few hours, but you want him to serve you tea and crumpets and curtsy........ please go

if dude was at a fundraiser banquet and started rattling off his on field accomplishments and saying how awesome he is, then thats tacky, inappropriate, and classless yea

no one will do that because these dudes aint cakey like you an verlander, its lightweight trash talk, dudes learn to brush that off in middle school
Where did i say I agree with it. I think you have selective reading and pick and choose what you want to read pumpkin. My opinion or your opinion on him, good or bad is irrelevant.

However if one of his peers feels slighted or feels disrespected then that's a self created problem he made. Some people may feel disrespected by his antics, Trent Williams being an example after the skins game last season. If he puts a target on himself or even some his teammates from what other players perceive as disrespect then it is what it is.

Lets be realistic, was there not a saints bounty scandal, and talk about players intentionally trying to injure others before. I never said I agree with it so how my words get twisted is beyond me but in my opinion Sherman is putting an unnecessary target on his back for a guy who gives no damns and is willing to take a suspension and fine. I don't think its that serious but to act like it isn't possible is silly.
how is my reading selective

you said "If a member of his peers decides to take his knees out for taking exception to his persona did he bring it upon himself. He's making a bullseye for himself imo" the fact that you think its 1. a likelihood 2. understandable by even saying it, you actin too sensitive fam

everybody can watch these dudes hurl themselves at each other and cheer on hits so hard that dudes helmets pop off, but when a dude says

"Well I'm the best corner in the game. When you try me with a sorry receiver like Crabtree, that's the result you gon get. Don't you ever talk about me........Crabtree, don't you open your mouth about the best. Or imma shut it for you real quick. LOB"

yall caint take it???? idc if he called someone out individually, that **** is lighter than stedman and you sayin you wouldnt be surprised if some teams decided to scheme on ending homies career, you need to stop watchin football boy

was a fan of Verlander smh......now I hope his backwoods Virginia country *** gets hit with a line drive 

nothing wrong with using the term classy here

what he did was not classy at all
football isnt classy as a whole, its an informal setting, dude has his ****** helmet in his hand and is still suited up and prolly reeks from playin for the last few hours, but you want him to serve you tea and crumpets and curtsy........ please go

if dude was at a fundraiser banquet and started rattling off his on field accomplishments and saying how awesome he is, then thats tacky, inappropriate, and classless yea
Like I said earlier. If a member of his peers decides to take his knees out for taking exception to his persona did he bring it upon himself. He's making a bullseye for himself imo
no one will do that because these dudes aint cakey like you an verlander, its lightweight trash talk, dudes learn to brush that off in middle school
no one is expecting him to put on a white wig and start drinking tea after a game. its great to be crazy hyped over a huge win but insulting the opponent after the game then again in a calm setting then again on twitter is what is unclassy, that rarely happens in any sport and there is nothing classy about it. personally i love when players hate each other and insult each other, i talk a lot of trash when i play sports too. but i can totally see why people would get upset over what he did because of the lack of sportsmanship and it really doesnt need to be said but race shouldnt have anything to do with any of this even though it unfortunately is
dawg, its trash talk (super tame trash talk at that), it would be classless if he said "Crabtree need to go home and take care of his 5 kids by 4 women out of wedlock" but homie just said he was better at his job than another man was, thats not an insult 

twitter fam????? another informal setting where you caint even use more than 140 characters homie, do you post short motivational/philosophical/intellectual quotes on twitter all day or something??? it aint no classy way to tweet

i dont even see how what he did was unsportsman-like, trash talk aint srs enough to be considered unsportsman didnt he get mushed in the face when he tried to shake crabtrees hand????? THATS poor sportsmanship

We don't know what was being said between the two during the game. Sherman could've been saying some foul over the line stuff and all we have on camera is him trying to shake crabtrees hand.

I think you feel that I think Sherman deserves to get intentionally injured which isn't the case. I'm just pointing out the fact that there has been dirty cheap shots in professional sports for far less.

Regarding the baseball intentionally drilling someone stuff. I would have no problem if a hitter who was intentionally drilled for something petty decided to press charges. Ex cole hammels intentionally drilling Bryce Harper to teach the rookie some respect.

Lastly, those tweets screenshotted. Wow smh. People get bold behind a keyboard and those tweets are disgusting.

Also. Why go up to Crabtree after the game if you've had past problems with him. Emotionally he's probably not all there after losing that game and to add the past history between the two. Dap up the dudes on the 49ers your cool with, not the guy you supposedly almost got into a fight with during the offseason. Crabtree should've had better composure but part of it is Sherman instigating then playing that phony innocent "I was just trying to shake his hand" nonsense afterwards.

I love how much attention this is getting for Sherman. I haven't watched all of the required footage, but from what I've seen:

1.) Sherman backs up his trash talk

2.) He provokes other players with his words, but never strikes the first physical blow (e.g. punch/shove)

3.) He gets things done

People are up in arms about the post-game interview when previous footage shows that Crabtree hit him first. But of course, people like to skew things to their own opinions and no surprise, they start calling him unnecessary racial epithets.

^
Again, we don't know what was being said between the two during the course of the game to skew that type of reaction from Crabtree.

^
Again, we don't know what was being said between the two during the course of the game to skew that type of reaction from Crabtree.

Lol it doesn't matter man.

Trash talking is a part of sports, especially football.

This is so not a big deal, I don't understand why the media keeps calling him out instead of the real thug that pulled that stunt in the NHL

Last edited:
i think it's corny to get on a guy that made the biggest play of his career to send his team to the super bowl against a coach that **** on him and said he'd never be a pro just because he showed excitement and emotion in his post game interview. some people in america need to reevaluate their lives and discover what's missing because in no way possible should Sherman be labeled negatively for his comments.

I hope you're 16 or younger.

Nope. Maybe I just don't know as much about Muhammad Ali's history as you, ever think of that? Prob not. You seem to eager to launch a personal attack instead of countering with a civil response.

I guess I just assumed he was universally loved during his heyday because he was the best and is loved today. Sorry if I was incorrect and/or offended you. Mr. Perfect over here...

:lol:

No one is claiming to be perfect...

But if you want to come off as a smug, arrogant know it all... At least have an idea what you're talkin about

I see nothing wrong with his interview, nor the follow up interview nor the responses on Twitter.
Are you talking about the negative/racial Twitter responses above on page 8 of this thread??

Last edited:
Lol it doesn't matter man.

Trash talking is a part of sports, especially football.

This is so not a big deal, I don't understand why the media keeps calling him out instead of the real thug that pulled that stunt in the NHL

Was Julius hodge making light of Chris Paul's grandpa passing when they were playing just trash talk? I doubt anything over the line was said on either side but who knows what was said.

All I'm saying is if there's a history between the two, it would've been better to dap someone else up. Its not that serious though but I'm curious as to what was said to make Crabtree snap.

We don't know what was being said between the two during the game. Sherman could've been saying some foul over the line stuff and all we have on camera is him trying to shake crabtrees hand.

I think you feel that I think Sherman deserves to get intentionally injured which isn't the case. I'm just pointing out the fact that there has been dirty cheap shots in professional sports for far less.

Regarding the baseball intentionally drilling someone stuff. I would have no problem if a hitter who was intentionally drilled for something petty decided to press charges. Ex cole hammels intentionally drilling Bryce Harper to teach the rookie some respect.

Lastly, those tweets screenshotted. Wow smh. People get bold behind a keyboard and those tweets are disgusting.

probably not much, if you think of the context

1. professional athletes are the type of dudes who hate losing (obviously) but not like your friend Brad who throws fits when he loses in a game of 21, these dudes get legit sick sometimes off a L

2. he aint goin to the bowl now, so it aint just a regular L, its a L

i can definitely understand why he wouldnt want to interact at all, but i wouldnt shove someone in the face

^
Agreed, but again, trash talk is just that: trash talk.

They could say whatever they want to each other, but words don't mean anything. At the end of the day, only the scoreboard/results matter.

And all we know now is that SF was sent home and Seattle is going to the SB.

PS - Crabtree should've just kept walking. There's no need to hit someone else. It makes you look like a **** boy. Be the better man.

Last edited:
i feel bad your pops put you in that mind frame....... :smh:
My Pops was right for the most part. Grateful for his advice. Continue to beat that stereotype that they see on TV. My pops is close to 60 now his experiences with racism is different than mine. That advice opened my eyes about society. Looking at those tweets we gotta long way to go..

Last edited:
Desean Jackson had a 2.6ish gpa did he not or was that college not hs?

Last edited:
But if you want to come off as a smug, arrogant know it all... At least have an idea what you're talkin about
In which post did this happen?
indifferent.gif

I made an analogy between Sherm and Ali. Obviously I was wrong (and admitted as much). That makes me smug or arrogant? OK pal...

Back
Top Bottom