~~!!!Dallas Cowboys Offseason Thread Vol. Who Stays, Who Goes!!!~~

Ive heard a lot of analyst talk about Barron but its more about his tackling ability rather than his coverage. Brockers is starting to grow on me. Im starting to doubt Poe will still be on the board.

Originally Posted by ALSDAMAN24

Claiborne!!! Damn didn't see that coming. Good pick.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
very happy

Good move. Jenkins was a solid CB when healthy but he was always hurt and we can't have that. Still have a lot of holes left so I hope we try to trade into the 2nd round again. 

Carr- Clairborn is not bad..   I think Jenkins should be kept just to have depth. He's in his final year so he's just there in case.  Scandrick was an awful extension
mad.gif

Offensive side in terms of Severity
1. I think Center is most important person to go after on offense. Someone who isn't %!%#$!@ up every 5 snaps.
2. LG because it is vacant, and blind side guard is better to have
3. A 3rd WR. I'm not 100% sure about Holly
4. RG
5. FB

Defensive side in terms of Severity.
1. Safety (I'm not too high about Pool.. And with Elam and Sensabaugh still FA's the safety position is just awful. And if we sign one of them.. It is still awful.)
2. LDE (Hatcher and Coleman is
sick.gif
.  1 Good pass rusher will do because with Ratliff, and Ware you effectively have 2 pass rushers already. We need someone on the opposite side of Ware to keep backs from going to the outside, and is a decent pass rusher as well..)
3. LILB (Ware, Spencer, Lee is a decent LB core.. If we can get a good pass defending linebacker our core is rock solid)

Special Teams:
Punter. Currently McBriar is a FA, and we have a rookie as a Punter currently, which I am uncomfortable with. We better not go after a Punter in any round of the draft, .
PR/KR.  Felix & Dez are both great returners.. But we saw what happens when you have important player do it..

We should try to figure out a way to move up into the 1st 7 picks of the second round.. 

They signed Vickers as a FB so they dont need that. They can never have too many CBs so keep Jenkins. People are fooling themselves if they think theyre gonna get a 2nd for him and a 4th or something. They'd get a 4th at best. They have to hit on a few of these 3- 7 rounders.

This draft tells me that:

1) The team wants continue to develop Costa, Arkin, Kowalski, and Nagy in hopes they can improve with a entire offseason program. Probably why the didn't take a guard or center.
2) The team thinks CB and pass rush were the problem on D and not the run D. Probably why they didn't get a bigger NT and most of their picks on D were OLBs.
3) They want to see if Barry Church, McCray or the rookie Matt Johnson can win the starting FS job.
4) They are content with keeping Jenkins, Carr, Claiborne, and Scandrick. Never can have too many corners.
5) They want to allow the young WRs behind Dez and Miles to win the 3rd WR spot.

over all real good draft.

Next year the oline gonna be finished....

2-3 years from now the boys gonna win a chip barring injury. belle dat

its bout time again...

intersteing things about camp..

-read claiborne is gonna wear an adjustable wrist brace all season..as will sean lee...interesting with claiborne how he can use his hand, being a press corner nd all

-speaking of man press, im as excited about brandon carr as i am about anyone else this upcoming season..heres a vid from dc.com showing carr on MEGATRON in press man coverage every okay..alot of plays zero coverage or cover 1..i like *** he uses megatron as the barometer of his effective nd technique in press man..its what we got him for

http://www.dallascowboys.com/multim...-Cornerbacks/A99F844942DA41369D1FEAAAB08B5AAF

-third wide reciever is up for grabs..cole beasley seems to be turning heads, seems like hell make the team..hope the homie daanny coale can make it..

-ilb next to sean lee is gonna be a toss up...either way its a significant upgrade over bradie nd brooking..im good with that

as always optimistic about the season...looking forward to the giants game...like our chances...

cant wait..bart scott

Good luck to you guys this season hope its healthy and successful

I see some great things in Demarco Murray - I also think he'll be flying under the radar a bit even after solid production in his opportunities last season. This guy gets in the open field and thats IT. :pimp:

lol..wheres all the boys fans?? thread aint even get one post during august...

how yall feeling about the 5th??  

brandon carr is gonna be a household name seasons end IMO...

victor butler is gonna take spencers shine, hopefully..

all in all tho, im hyped about this opening game...

hope yall liven up a lil during the season..straight ghost town in this thread..

Biggest thing im worried about is our O-line. None of them have looked very good this preseason. I think Romp will be on the run most of the year, i hate them opening up JPP and Osi :smh:

Dolphins OL Ryan Cook Traded To Dallas.
We Need A Solid O-Line. G Men's Defensive Front Is Atrocious. But Sept. 5th We Open Up & Begin Cooking... 
pimp.gif

There's no game thread yet so I'll put my prediction here

It might be minute, but if Demarco can get 80+ rushing yards I see us winning. It's no secret that giants pass rush is as good as it gets, but when you have a bunch of guys who like to get up the field quick like they do, that leaves the run game vulnerable....so as long as Garrett doesn't have a pass heavy gameplan against them next week we should be fine

been telling anyone that would listen...if the o line is even mediocre this year, were gonna be naaaaasty..

as for the giants, it seems the closer we get to the game, the more optimistic i become about the outcome...

im REEAAAALLLYY eager to see how our new secondary stacks up against eli...i have vivid nightmares of him closing his eyes and chucking one over scandricks/newmans head...cruz dancing and such...i expect claiborne to struggle, but even struggling i expct him to be better than scan +tnew...and i heard mike jenkins might play...so im hyped..

like someone else said, bruce and barry have alot expected of them...the only two question marks on a D that seemingly improved all the weak spots..

lets not forget ratliff still may be out...i feel comfortable with lissemore/brent taking those snaps, but it aint nothing like rat over the center...dude is nice

romo is gonna light it up this year...starting wed night...if dez plays 16 healthy games, then dez is top 5 in ever receiving category..

bottom line, ive read everywhere from 8-8 finish to 12-4 from the people that predict those things...somewhere in the middle should be good enough to win the east....

starts with eli!! #lets go

Back
Top Bottom