~~!!!Dallas Cowboys Offseason Thread Vol. Who Stays, Who Goes!!!~~

All about the trenches in the draft. Gimme OLine (DeCastro) or DE/OLB. Really want Mercilus out of Illinois but I got a sick feeling that they are just waiting on extending Spencer with a real long-term deal. All he has to do is stay healthy this season and he'll get rewarded.

we just signed 2 OG i dont see us drafting one in the 1st round

- not worried about finding a 3WR we have always been able to find a hidden gem at WR.

-we should still be drafting all defense for the 1st coulple of rounds. we need another pass rusher,CB,saftey and some young players on the DL

Originally Posted by MrYoungMoney

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Is Livings any good? I'd assume with that contract they expect him to come in and start?

Not too sure if he's any good, I think he's just a stop-gap. 
He does have size, I think we might either draft a guard & movie Kosier to Center... 

There's so many ways this draft can go now! 

Which is a good thing.

We can go safety or corner back in the 1st round, or Offensive Lineman with either a guard or center. 

Even Defensive end or Defensive Tackle (Moving Ratliff to DE).

I don't think that Jerry signed livings to be a stop-gap, not with that contract. I fully expect the 2 new guys to have a good shot at starting for us this year.

That's what a figured chosen... That contract says doesn't suggest he's a stop gap or someone who they'll be bringing in competition for at that spot...

I'd go front seven heavy and mix in a safety early. Corner is at least OK with Jenkins, Scandrick and Carr. Need safeties and need guys who can cause problems up front.

Is it bad that I'd just as soon go back to a 4-3? We suck at drafting front seven guys for a 3-4...

How do dudes still see romo as the problem ? Dude has been lights out the past 4 years in Dec.

If he is not our QB in the final game vs the G men , we do not score a point . Yall guys need to give it a rest.

It would be fun to see what a 1200 yard RB , and a All pro O line would do for the cowboys , and romo ..... Esp with the weapons on the outside....

These signings were good pick ups , The boys have changed and are cutting old weight that they no longer need. If jenkins does not go to the pro bowl this year , and show tremendous improvement he is gone ..... I look for him to play some ball due to his contract year.....

How you figure we go 6-10 ? This is the cowboys we talking about.... We always beat the skins , We always find a way to lose to the giants. We always either smash philly or get blown out by the igles. Then we always beat a top 5 NFL team on the road early in the season . Then we find a way to lose 2 OT games to trash teams.......

Fix this problem , With some players with guts and heart , And win some tuff cold games in Dec and all of sudden anything can happen... It really is not alot of "what ifs" but of Its about damn time to bring that trophy were it belongs...

Records DO NOT matter anymore , Win the division and then everything else can happen.

OH  and Bennet is Hot trash.... His highlight of his life was his rookie year....... Forget em man...... He will goof for the G men. thats a down grade from Boss.
laugh.gif

Lol I know Bennett is hot trash, I just had so much hope in him after his rookie season. I like some of the dead weight being cut, if we can get the O-line straight through the draft/trades we gonna be a problem. I agree that blaming Romo is getting old, he def ain't the problem...

you can say Romo plays lights out or whatever but he is a golfer moonlighting as a football player
he has no heart and not a single damb is given when he yells at someone in the huddle
you cant lead when no one takes you seriously because you are a gee-golly go lucky person

demarcus ware, same exact situation
not a single person on that defense would blink an eye if ware raised his voice beyond a whisper
the problem with this team continues to be and always has been they are soft as charmin
pool, carr, connor do not change that

which is why i say give it one more year
if we dont win this year then its either Garrett or Romo who has to get the axe

Originally Posted by thachosen123

Is Livings any good? I'd assume with that contract they expect him to come in and start?

Not too sure if he's any good, I think he's just a stop-gap. 
He does have size, I think we might either draft a guard & movie Kosier to Center... 

There's so many ways this draft can go now! 

Which is a good thing.

We can go safety or corner back in the 1st round, or Offensive Lineman with either a guard or center. 

Even Defensive end or Defensive Tackle (Moving Ratliff to DE).

I don't think that Jerry signed livings to be a stop-gap, not with that contract. I fully expect the 2 new guys to have a good shot at starting for us this year.

Look at how Jerry did Kosier.
"Livings’ five-year deal totals $18.75 million and included a $3.5 million signing bonus. The guaranteed money is $6.2 million."

[font=verdana, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]$6.2 - $3.5 = $2.7 left in guaranteed money![/font]

[font=verdana, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=verdana, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]He's really only getting that 6.2 million out of that 18.75 million.[/font]

[font=verdana, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Yes, Livings will start for a year or two. [/font]

[font=verdana, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]If he's not going to be starting for the full 5 years then he's a stop-gap.[/font]

[/font]

[/font]

That's what a figured chosen... That contract says doesn't suggest he's a stop gap or someone who they'll be bringing in competition for at that spot...

I'd go front seven heavy and mix in a safety early. Corner is at least OK with Jenkins, Scandrick and Carr. Need safeties and need guys who can cause problems up front.

Is it bad that I'd just as soon go back to a 4-3? We suck at drafting front seven guys for a 3-4...
We would have so much trouble moving to 4-3. 
You'd have to draft a big NT, two pass rushing DE's, & 2 new LB's.

Ware could move to DE, & so would Spencer but I don't think they'd transition well.

Originally Posted by RNMswag

you can say Romo plays lights out or whatever but he is a golfer moonlighting as a football player
he has no heart and not a single damb is given when he yells at someone in the huddle
you cant lead when no one takes you seriously because you are a gee-golly go lucky person

grin.gif

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sound-efx/09000d5d81baa9b6/Sound-FX-Romo-s-bad-day 
what about that video disproves anything i said?
laugh.gif

in fact, it actually proved everything i said
everything was forced and fluke from the tunnel run out to him "trying" to get back in the game

Tellus and Roy E didnt blink when he told them to stay loose
a quarterback yells no holding when hes coming to the line which signals pass #fail

the guy is not believable

laugh.gif
@ saying that video proves anything you said because those brain dead idiots Roy and Marty B had their heads up their #%!%%...

laugh.gif
@ saying that video proves anything you said because those brain dead idiots Roy and Marty B had their heads up their #%!%%...

answer this question for me then
would tellus and roy e react the way they did to Peyton Manning yelling at them?

there is a fakeness that exists with romo that i can see plain as day
a real leader who people believe in get EVERYONE to buy in including the bad apples like roy e and tellus

grin.gif

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sound-efx/09000d5d81baa9b6/Sound-FX-Romo-s-bad-day 
what about that video disproves anything i said?
laugh.gif

in fact, it actually proved everything i said
everything was forced and fluke from the tunnel run out to him "trying" to get back in the game

Tellus and Roy E didnt blink when he told them to stay loose
a quarterback yells no holding when hes coming to the line which signals pass #fail

the guy is not believable

A leader doesn't always have to yell, & scream to make someone understand.

He conducts him self extremely well, on and off the field.

No drug issues, no 100x different baby mama's, beating women, restructures his contract, shows up to mini-camps, held OTA's this past Summer, 

doesn't hold out 'cause he wants a new contract, doesn't try to be all over the TV, magazines, movie's, etc.

Yeah, he golf's. So what?! 

Didn't MJ golf, gamble, smoke, drink in the off season?

Oh, so him caring more about if the ball was completed than his own health doesn't make him a leader, or how he wanted to get back in the game?

He offers encouragement to his teammates, you want that Ray Lewis type of leader. 

Yet, there's still plenty of teams that don't have him who have won Superbowls.

Tell me who's a leader out of the Giants, Packers, Saints, & Steelers?

Bet, all you can think about is the QB's. 
wink.gif

I get alot of Romo hate from my boys, especially since most of them are Giants fans.  But I heard this stat at the end of the season, and ever since then, once I bring this up to my boys they all go silent. 

With Romo's stats last season, he is the only quarterback in NFL history to throw for 3000 yards, 30 td's, and 10 or less interceptions, and have his team finish 8-8 or worse. 
Pretty hard to say Romo is the problem, hence why they all shut up pretty quickly after that.

(granted, I've never personally went and double checked the claim, but I believe it)

How you gonna say Ware is not a leader ?

Son lets his game speak for him self........ Dude does not need to talk ......

Fans like you really have no clue......

What would Romo do with an all pro line , and a 1200 yard rusher who rushed for 15 TDs ?

What would wear do if he had Canty , And a True second pass rusher word to Greg Ellis back on the other side...

The cowboys would be a problem..

please stop.

Originally Posted by polorico

How you gonna say Ware is not a leader ?

Son lets his game speak for him self........ Dude does not need to talk ......

Fans like you really have no clue......

What would Romo do with an all pro line , and a 1200 yard rusher who rushed for 15 TDs ?

What would wear do if he had Canty , And a True second pass rusher word to Greg Ellis back on the other side...

The cowboys would be a problem..

please stop.

Thank you! 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by HWBurnz

I get alot of Romo hate from my boys, especially since most of them are Giants fans.  But I heard this stat at the end of the season, and ever since then, once I bring this up to my boys they all go silent. 

With Romo's stats last season, he is the only quarterback in NFL history to throw for 3000 yards, 30 td's, and 10 or less interceptions, and have his team finish 8-8 or worse. 
Pretty hard to say Romo is the problem, hence why they all shut up pretty quickly after that.

(granted, I've never personally went and double checked the claim, but I believe it)

Thank you also!
Look, I will rank the Cowboys issues in order.

Offensive Line, Safety, Corner back, OLB/DE, Healthy RB's.

Tyron Smith is the only 1st round pick we have on that whole O-Line!
indifferent.gif

Doug Free 4th Round, Phil Costa undrafted, Bill Nagy 7th round pick, Kyle Kosier 7th round pick, Jeremy Pernell undrafted, David Arkin 4th round pick, Montrae Holland 4th round pick.

What the hell have we been doing to Romo?! 
grin.gif

Yes, it's never going to be a sexy pick the day of the draft but it's by far the biggest need!

A better o line = a better passing and running game! 

If romo was not are starting QB

we would have finished 5-11 last year.

I saw Romo , and Dez bryant at the mall here in dallas.

i told them to bring the trophy back to dallas where it belongs... He said look out for em this year.

If the defensive pass rusher , or CB from Bama is there ,you grab him.... The defense needs secondary help , and a pass rusher.

You can build depth , and find all pro OL in later rounds of the draft..... The Cowboys Glory years were from O line guys who were drafted late in the Draft... Look at larry allen

It all comes down to coaching , and scouting... I think we have the right coaches , and jerry has an eye for talent.... Go D first round if it is there , and after that build depth in the trenches.

In a recent mock and it had us taking Courtney upshaw :ha ............he has the athletic ability to move to OLB right?

Originally Posted by thachosen123

In a recent mock and it had us taking Courtney upshaw :ha ............he has the athletic ability to move to OLB right?

We're not going OLB/ILB, if we do draft a pass rusher it'll be a DE...
We're going Corner or Guard. 

I'm thinking Kirkpatrick will be falling to us, or Claiborne seeing how he draft stock has fallen due to injury. 

Also, doubt the Cowboys draft another player named Jenkins that plays corner also. 

He's like the 3rd or 4th best corner in the draft. 

DeCastro would be good pick at 14 also. 

We can even go safety in the first round, more than likely will do that in the 2nd round though.

Draft Pass rusher..... It will make this Defense so much better.

Draft D line , O line in later rounds.....

Stop waisting drafts.

Originally Posted by polorico

Draft Pass rusher..... It will make this Defense so much better.

Draft D line , O line in later rounds.....

Stop waisting drafts.

Who would you suggest that isn't Upshaw though? 
Dude might be going to the Bills to complement Williams.

I say it's either Barron, or Kirkpatrick. Whoever is there, & if neither are there then we're going with Poe, or Cox thus moving Ratliff to DE where he belongs!

Defense will be the biggest problem again this year
frown.gif
... Our Safeties are $@!... Our secondary doesn't look much better... MLB is awful... And our DL is ehh..

laugh.gif
Damnit you're a cowboy fan too.......but Nah, our MLB core isn't "awful", it's just unproven(well aside from Lee). And i actually like the potential of a Carter/Lee pairing...those guys should be flying all over the field

Back
Top Bottom