~~!!!Dallas Cowboys Offseason Thread Vol. Who Stays, Who Goes!!!~~

Originally Posted by thachosen123

laugh.gif
Damnit you're a cowboy fan too.......but Nah, our MLB core isn't "awful", it's just unproven(well aside from Lee). And i actually like the potential of a Carter/Lee pairing...those guys should be flying all over the field

Man.... We just got good tastes...   You're right I forgot about Lee and was only thinking about Keith Brooking who is gone
laugh.gif

So help me god if I see Keith Brooking again I will be upset

Originally Posted by Essential1

laugh.gif
Damnit you're a cowboy fan too.......but Nah, our MLB core isn't "awful", it's just unproven(well aside from Lee). And i actually like the potential of a Carter/Lee pairing...those guys should be flying all over the field

Man.... We just got good tastes...   You're right I forgot about Lee and was only thinking about Keith Brooking who is gone
laugh.gif

All indications are that brooking and James are gone
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Essential1

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

All indications are that brooking and James are gone
pimp.gif

I could see James staying in the same division though, not as a starter of course.
It always bothered me how when we let go of players that started for us go be back ups some where else.

Like does our staff really suck at evaluating players or what? 

Ken Hamlin, Marion Barber, Roy Williams x2, Andre Gurode, Marc Columbo, Leonard Davis, Flozell Adams 
indifferent.gif

tired.gif

^ all those guys in their haydays were not bad players. most of them were pro bowlers.

And you draft upshaw because he has a nasty streak in him , and he can become the 2nd pass rusher....

If he is not there at 14 , you get Kirkpatrick ...

MLB is good , Lee will be an all pro , and Butler has the potential..

This defense is a few players away......

This draft could make or break the cowboys for the next few years.

Draft Good , and we could do some things. Draft like how we did in 2009 and its rebuilding time .

Originally Posted by polorico

^ all those guys in their haydays were not bad players. most of them were pro bowlers.

And you draft upshaw because he has a nasty streak in him , and he can become the 2nd pass rusher....

If he is not there at 14 , you get Kirkpatrick ...

MLB is good , Lee will be an all pro , and Butler has the potential..

This defense is a few players away......

This draft could make or break the cowboys for the next few years.

Draft Good , and we could do some things. Draft like how we did in 2009 and its rebuilding time .

Yeah, but there's a time in their careers where they just don't have "IT" anymore. 
Can we not judge when players no longer have "IT"?

Meaning, that they shouldn't be starting. 

We hold on to players too long, sometimes it's just time to move on from progress-stoppers, and give younger players a chance to step up.

If we draft Upshaw or Hightower what do you suggest we do?

You don't draft someone in the top 15 and not let them start! 

Spencer is getting bad about or close to 9 million. 

There's no way he isn't going to play 75%-80% of snaps. 

Leaving Butler to play the rest.

Ware is on the field almost every snap.

There's just no room for him. 

Like you said, this draft could make us or break us for the next couple of years.

We need to draft a position of need, that a rookie can help us immediately.

Either DE, DT (Moving Ratliff to DE), safety, or corner.  

I don't think we'll go safety, i almost forgot about Barry church.......he had some sub-packages called for him last year, he might have a chance at starting

Nothing against Church I actually think he is solid, but we been trying for yearsss with patching the safety position... its time to give in and use a 1st round on one.. Barron is a in box safety that does have ball hawking skills

Originally Posted by HighRep87

Nothing against Church I actually think he is solid, but we been trying for yearsss with patching the safety position... its time to give in and use a 1st round on one.. Barron is a in box safety that does have ball hawking skills
He's in his third year in, and seeing how he had surgery on his arm this past season I'm not sure the Cowboys are willing to have him as the starter. 
I say go ahead, and he Barron or DE. 
Even if we did draft a CB, there's no way he'd start over Carr or Jenkins.

All the money we just gave Scandrick he isn't going to be playing Dime just slot CB.

I'm assuming we're going after Barron though... 

The red head is starting to change that.

Cutting ties with players before they hit the wall.

Cowboys had no choice to sign spencer , He can start in the NFL . If we dont get a pass rusher than he will be a security blanket..

We dont want barron yall he is Roy williams 2.0 He cant cover in the open field. He plays in the box..

like i said

DRAFT PASS RUSH. IF UPSHAW IS THERE TAKE HIM. Draft D line , and O line later in the Draft...

Jenkins gonna play this year because its a contract year.

The red head is starting to change that.

Cutting ties with players before they hit the wall.

Cowboys had no choice to sign spencer , He can start in the NFL . If we dont get a pass rusher than he will be a security blanket..

We dont want barron yall he is Roy williams 2.0 He cant cover in the open field. He plays in the box..

like i said

DRAFT PASS RUSH. IF UPSHAW IS THERE TAKE HIM. Draft D line , and O line later in the Draft...

Jenkins gonna play this year because its a contract year.

Man, only time will tell fam'... 
23 days 'til the draft. 

Getting kinda' excited on who we'll see the Cowboys take in the 1st round! 

Pass rush improvement is needed either thru the DL or OLB. If Poe is their take him. Cant teach the size and physical attributes.

Poe was a spare in CUSA... PASS.

The idea of taking DeCastro is growing on me... He walks in and starts this year and for the next decade. I might would take Kuechly if he was still there, too.

Poe gives you a lot of flexibility on the line which helps Ratliff because he will not continue to be able to hold up at nose being undersized. Playing along side a high motor guy like Ratliff will keep him motivated.

What I saw from SF and NYG in that playoff game completely conviced me that you need a pass rush more than anything to win now. Especially in this division with all these high powered Os. I dont care if you have Deion back there, nobody in the league can cover all day.

Lets not forget the offense put up close to 28 a game despite a crappy OL. They made improvements their already and I wouldnt mind possibly getting more help on the OL with the 2nd or 3rd. But with that 1st I want them to go pass rush.

^ exactly.... This team is Alot closer to going places than certain people on this board who thinks they will go 6-10 thinks..

Draft a Pass rusher... I dont care if its the dude from bama , or the kid out of UNC...

Draft O line , D line in the draft.

all of a sudden this team could be loaded and making a run for something in the next 2 years.

if a Super bowl victory does not happen in the next 3 years. This team will be blown up.

I like somebody like Poe. I honestly wanted the Boys to draft Cody from ala when he came out. I think we need someone like that.

^ exactly.... This team is Alot closer to going places than certain people on this board who thinks they will go 6-10 thinks..

Draft a Pass rusher... I dont care if its the dude from bama , or the kid out of UNC...

Draft O line , D line in the draft.

all of a sudden this team could be loaded and making a run for something in the next 2 years.

if a Super bowl victory does not happen in the next 3 years. This team will be blown up.
I like the OLB from Bama too and also the kid from South Carolina. I keep hearing people saying that Couples is a 4-3 DE.

With Poe, I just think we've drafted so poorly that I don't want to take the guy with more bust potential than anybody in Round 1...

We need players. Everywhere. DeCastro is a safe 10-year starter on the OL. That's a guy we need. I wouldn't hate Coples if they think he can play in the 3-4... But Poe's film is pretty spare. Against weak competition too. I would hate that pick a lot.

Dirk if you have questions about Poe then why would you want coples? coples was so AVG last year at UNC. i think with both tho its a question about motor and if they will put effort out in the NFL

i dont agree with drafting DeCastro after signing 2 guards in the offseason and want to move other guys around on the OL. bigger needs for DB's and a pass rush IMO.

Coples was better against better competition...

Poe was invisible for long stretches against teams in CUSA... I don't love Coples but I'd prefer him to Poe.

We need to draft players. Not underpants champions. Our draft record is very, very poor when it comes to taking chances o guys that test well. We don't identify and develop those guys well at all. We need to draft safe and just get players.

On DeCastro... It doesn't sound like either of the guards we signed are much better than what we had. We need drastic improvement on the line, not marginal upgrades.

DeCastro, Barron, or Kuechly if he falls... I dont love the OLB/DE guys in the first.

Don't know if I agree with not taking OLB/DEs high in the 1st with a guy like Ware on the team. Actually if you look back at the Boys draft history when they have drafted pick 20 and up they've done a good job at hitting with those picks. Carpenter is the only pick in the teens that didn't workout. Can't think of too many other misses when they pick this high.

OG is not a position that gets drafted high so I think their will be value in the 2nd. I can't make a opinion on Livings and Bernadeau without seeing them play. But I think they will hit on one of those guys if not both.

I just don't think offense is the problem. So many times when they need stops the D just couldnt get it. The O saved their $%@*@ so many times. I have reservations about Poe as well but if not him then they gotta go defense with that pick.

Ill pass on upshaw...he doesn't seem like a clear upgrade over spence to me....

Barron is a monster, but he plays in the box nd will be exposed coming down to cover nygs or phillys 3rd or 4th receiver..tight hips nd can't carry the receiver...plus comparisons to laron landry nd roy williams make that an easy pass....

Now...hear me out NT fan...donte hightower is the bama guy we want...I kno he played ilb, but he played 4-3 defensive end before his acl tear..came bk to a.new defense with a new position...HE CAN PLAY THE FIVE TECHNIQUE!! Played in bamas nickle package with his hands in the ground rushing the passer..so put him at the 5 nd hope he does for us what jj watt did for wade...plus,he plays ilb..so this gut can be an every down guy at diff positions, nd rob ryan loves moving pieces....

I say coples over poe is easy..we need a 5 technique that can get to the qb..thatll collaps the pocket..so when dware flies around the edge there won't bea pocket to climb (see nyg)..nd u guys can't hate on coples stats this year, look at em thru his career the dude was pure dominant..nd I usually don't get gassed by players profiles but, he has the PERFECT size for a 3-4 de....nd once again I think 5 technique is our biggest need right now...

I highly doubt we go oline if we do itll be konz(center from wisconsin) not a guard, I think were exclusively going defense in the first...

lastly, ive read alot about us dressing kirkpatrick nd moving him to safety...the now I think about it, the now I like it...hes a big rangey dude...lanky nd can play zone or press...the only thing that scares me about it is u want ur first rounder to step in nd make an instant impact...tho I think itll work out, too much could go wrong...
What yall think of that

Back
Top Bottom