Current State of the Sneaker Game

:lol: @ people getting frustrated over the terms sneaker head or sneaker game.

Don't let another man's slang upset you.

Only clowns who buy hyped stuff like weatherman Foams refer to it as a shoe game or sneaker head though

If it don't sell out it ain't cool mentality

Agassi joints next year and I'm out.

I only have 5 pairs of my favorite shoes, I'm good

one of my favorites is seeing threads filled with people crying about not being able to get a shoe. wait in line all night and find out the shop only sells 2 pairs and are the rest kept by employees awww boo hoo. or you had them in your cart but couldn't check out and the site crashed lololol. or better yet, you spend 2k on a pair of snakers and end up getting ripped off nelsonhaha.jpg. all of that nonsense. don't chase the shoe and there'd be no need to cry. it's a big world out there outside of internet self-esteem land. step away from the comp. delete fb and ig from your phone for the day. go hiking with your fam. go play some mini golf. picnic. fishing. gym. etc.

Only clowns who buy hyped stuff like weatherman Foams refer to it as a shoe game or sneaker head though

If it don't sell out it ain't cool mentality
If so, it still shouldn't bother you. As long as you're getting yours it shouldn't matter.

All those shoe names and terms are corny point blank. But hey as I've said before I think me and alot of other heads around my age (late 20's) sort of outgrew alot of things sneaker related. Ill always like sneakers and buy pairs from time to time but the interest isn't what it once was.

The way things are set up right now, it a teenagers/kids hobby. Let them have their fun. If they completely bastardize the hobby then it is what it is.

Halftimes post is very spot on as well.

I like some of you in here do believe the bubble will burst in the near future. Anything that is over saturated always does. What were going to start to see eBay get flooded with pre-owned and even DS older releases. Just like stocks, people will all want to cash out at the same time. Market becomes flooded and they lose most of their "value" or just sit all together. 

Nike and other companies are cutting their nose off to spite their face with all these releases. Look at how many DBs released this year and how many are on the calender to release. A new patterned foam comes out every two weeks. Reebok, Ewing and Adidas brought back classic shoes this year (Kemps, Shaqs, Mutumbos) and they now made them in a ton of different color ways which basically ruined the line.

Eventually its all going to boil down to if you really love the shoe and what your motivation is behind it all. The market will implode on the sneaker companies eventually and on all the re-sellers sitting on DS pairs to flip.  

Last edited:

I like some of you in here do believe the bubble will burst in the near future. Anything that is over saturated always does. What were going to start to see eBay get flooded with pre-owned and even DS older releases. Just like stocks, people will all want to cash out at the same time. Market becomes flooded and they lose most of their "value" or just sit all together. 

Nike and other companies are cutting their nose off to spite their face with all these releases. Look at how many DBs released this year and how many are on the calender to release. A new patterned foam comes out every two weeks. Reebok, Ewing and Adidas brought back classic shoes this year (Kemps, Shaqs, Mutumbos) and they now made them in a ton of different color ways which basically ruined the line.

Eventually its all going to boil down to if you really love the shoe and what your motivation is behind it all. The market will implode on the sneaker companies eventually and on all the re-sellers sitting on DS pairs to flip.  
After typing this, I immediately got an email from Nike-

"New Styles Added to Just Reduced"

All were released less than two months ago. 

^ Yeah, but Nike makes a grip of different shoes, 85% of which are hot garbage.  Check the outlets--those joints are filled to the brim with crap (at least IMO).

The good stuff rarely makes it to the clearance section, unless the colorway is awful.  

Back
Top Bottom