Current State of the Sneaker Game

Yeah... Cards, Pogs, Beanie Babys.... This ish is nothing but childs play nowadays

There isnt any fun in this anymore.... Ive only copped 2 releases in the past 3 years.

I love sneakers today just as much as i did wen i first came on here.

I understand your pov op, theys sum f***** up lookin shoes comin out.
But....there is ALOT of heat coming out as well.

Personally....i just ignore the bs and im a happy camper.

But wat i do notice as i get older is that im leaning more towards function over form .

I LIKE trying out the newest tech. When i wear roshes or flyknits the way they feel is more interesting to me than the way they look.
Im SUPER excited to try the hyperfeels.
Even the damb springblades lol.

And to appease my nostalgia....gloves... kamikazes...shaqs...180s....adidas kobes..dan marinos...iversons....missions...countless nbs...air flight 1...uptempos...i could go on and on.

I mean i do see sneakers coming into the forefront...ps commercial, miley, 60 min piece etc...

But in all honesty....i give less than a f*** about all that.

I dont know anything about the "game" or reselling or bots or boutiques...im a simple man

Alls i know is that im buying those white gloves on the 22nd. And im gettin some new roshes.

Im good.

waits for sneaker "bubble" to POP...deep discounts

This. And its inevitable. They've saturated the market with way to much stuff. The term "limited" has lost its luster when so much limited stuff has came out.

Between bots, having to RSVP general release shoes, dealing with raffles and kids with way to much time on their hands just to have the good fortune to drop $170 on some questionable quality retros just doesn't do it for me any more.

Its a few things I would've like to get but its not worth the loops and hassles for me.

Its crazy how in 09-10 it was normal to see stuff like white and red xii's go on sale and be copped on a 50% off weekend and that would be unheard of now.

Its more of a kids/teenagers hobby these days. Ill always love sneakers and buy pairs from time to time but I refuse to go through the hassles to get stuff which are the norm today.

Lol I wear roshe dam near every day. I was looking at some flyknits. Inneva woven's. Visvims and mayflys.

The game changed when people stopped using sneakers for what their for, and that's to wear. Bought my 1st air maxes back in 96 and still purchasing air maxes in 13.

I just miss the days when kicks would sit. Now everyone is a "sneaker head". Since I'm getting older, I figure it's time to just let the kids have this fad

I remember back in 06. Walking into jamaica colleseium mall and copping steel grey 10s and cardinals. WEEKS after the release. Seems like once they got the dmp it was downhill

Sold out in 15 mins

Calling it a "game" automatically discredits you no one called it a game 10 years ago

Yeah, we're not dealing drugs in here. We're purchasing expensive shoes and supporting consumerism.

At the end of the day, all this nonsense is just consumerism. Once you realize that, you'll never feel bad about missing any releases or things being too expensive. Just don't buy them! You have no more "right" to buy a "cork" LeBrons than you do to purchase a Ferrari. Nike makes some great products, but Nike just wants to make you buy them, buy more of them, and pay more for them. Just like any other business.

I love shoes, but I know they are a waste of money, so I end up being super selective with purchases these days.

the main reason I stopped buying a lot of sneakers is because I work a 9-5 now and there was no point to me having like 50+ pairs of sneakers to just stare at...I guess I grew up

I have a rotation of like 5-7 sneakers now and I'm good with that

sneakers are a waste of money if excessive to me

sold most of it, been buying boots and shoes and haven't looked back since.. only regret is not doing this sooner :smh:

Da Heights gonna need a stimulus plan when that bubble bursts...Daewoo Money
jokes on you, i bought all my **** cuz i actually wear all my ****, and i like being fly plus imma sports fan.

da new generation of people who buy sneakers doing it cuz they chasing that perpetual limited nonsense.

i knew to dodge that hypebeast train back in da SB days..i used to laugh at ****** paying 300+ for dunks while

regular dunks ALWAYS went on sale...

the main reason I stopped buying a lot of sneakers is because I work a 9-5 now and there was no point to me having like 50+ pairs of sneakers to just stare at...I guess I grew up

THIS… I couldn't justify 100 plus pairs when I can't wear them to work, to the club, or any function… it just wasn't practical… I have 25 pairs left, still looking to sell 15 and keep a 10 pair rotation

im gonna have to agree with this word for word

Idk. These threads kill me. All it sounds like to me is people who want the hyped shoes but can't attain it and ***** about it. To me, the game is even better because it's prompted other brands other than the SWOOSH to step into the arena and bring parity to the culture. Also, for every db shoe and yeezy Nike drops, they drop a glove retro and air up retro for the REAL heads to scoop up with convenience. Plus nike basketball with their 3 main athletes have been making more than enough cw and options( nike id) for the taking with better quality and fresh new progressive technology.

But it's sad the insatiable need to purchase the same products over and over again from the swoosh and the jumpman. The way I look at it at my age (late 20's) is to let the kids enjoy the classics I already enjoyed and move on to the next. It's their time. Let em rock.

There are OTHER brands like Li ning, reebok, asics, new balance and the tried and trued Adidas that have been quietly killing it. Brings diversity to a true shoe enthusiasts collection and gives you a sense of individualism. But that's just my .02.

to me sneaker conventions are what messed up the sneaker culture 

the dudes make all sneaker enthusiants look like hypebeast resellers. and the people that proclaim themselves to be "sneakerheadz" are hypebeast resellers.

real sneaker culture is about collecting your favorite shoes and learning about the history not about wearing your "ultra rare super saiyan heat" for one day to show off to guys at a convention where people sell overpriced sneakers. **** is corny to me 

to me sneaker conventions are what messed up the sneaker culture 

the dudes make all sneaker enthusiants look like hypebeast resellers. and the people that proclaim themselves to be "sneakerheadz" are hypebeast resellers.

real sneaker culture is about collecting your favorite shoes and learning about the history not about wearing your "ultra rare super saiyan heat" for one day to show off to guys at a convention where people sell overpriced sneakers. **** is corny to me 
laugh.gif

this.

only events i EVER head to is sneakerpimps, because its a actual rap concert, with da sneaker **** just playing as a sideshow to whoever is performing..

last one i went to it was ghostface killah and sheek louch.

Died when sb boxes turned pink. Died when team Jordan's came out. Dead now since you can't wear too many sneakers with the whole dressing better movement.

Sneakers always gonna be fresh, and if you on your game you'll stay ahead of the beasts. Originality is tough to duplicate, so do you. I will say Nike, Asics, and even New Balance making quality now adays. 

Back
Top Bottom