Choose one - Chinese or Mexican food (American for both)

Most of the Mexican spots in NYC are run by Chinese, so i'm not sure what to choose. :lol:
7EDB42EA-D1D6-4BE5-B585-B40407F9EA84.gif

Random, but the first time I saw black folks working in CHipotle, I was like, ok. It was wild when I first saw it.

You gave me 3 Wikipedia links.

I gave you a Wikipedia link and two articles, one based on research done by Harvard and another "based on an analysis of data reported in a new study of cultural diversity and economic development by researcher Erkan Gören of the University of Oldenberg in Germany". Both studies conducted indicate that not only is Mexico more culturally diverse, but China isn't even that culturally diverse. So get mad all you want, I'm just giving you scientific research studies.

There is no cherry picking, just facts.

Random, but the first time I saw black folks working in CHipotle, I was like, ok. It was wild when I first saw it.

I've seen that in nyc, but chipotle isn't real Mexican food that's corporate America fast food

I was skeptical when I saw non-middle eastern people serve me halal food @ halal guys here in Texas, I was surely disappointed.

But I found a new spot that serves it nyc style here in Texas so I'm straight.

I live by my own personal rule of thumb when I try out new food spots.

"Try it, but never try it ever again the second time if its bad"

I gave you a Wikipedia link and two articles, one based on research done by Harvard and another "based on an analysis of data reported in a new study of cultural diversity and economic development by researcher Erkan Gören of the University of Oldenberg in Germany". Both studies conducted indicate that not only is Mexico more culturally diverse, but China isn't even that culturally diverse. So get mad all you want, I'm just giving you scientific research studies.

no one is mad. if anything, when ever someone says that, its actually a reflection of how they feel.

None of these researchers are experts in Chinese history or Chinese linguists. You really think they can even name 5 different Chinese ethnicities?

theres 1.3 billion people living in China. I dont think you understand that. thats 10x the population of Mexico. in addition, China is much bigger than Mexico.

now imagine that, and then imagine having micro interaction with the people in China. from the west end of China to the east, north end and south.

You really think these "researchers" had micro interactions with any Chinese minority group? they prob just saw some generalized data and grouped bunch of ethnic minorities together.

China is one of the oldest civilizations as well. also the maya.

im sure these "researchers" just see china and think of orange chicken and friend rice anyways.

I am Chinese.....and I swear I can live off Mexican food every day. But if we are talking about the best executed dishes, I am going to have to say Chinese. Literally Chinese food covers almost every damn spectrum of meat, vegetables, seafood, etc. And not all Chinese spots are those gutter holes in the wall spots people are mentioning. There is a lot of fine dining spots that serve way more interesting things.

Both countries are very diverse culturally, geographically, etc and that probably influences the food.

Saying China "isn't that culturally diverse" seems asinine TBH. It's 3.7 millions square miles with 56 different ethnic groups, 5 recognized religions, deserts, rain forests, mountains, borders 14 other nations, and so on.

That's a dope concept, how you come up with that?

Influence by nyc plethora of food spots.
This rule allows me to separate the fake from the real.

You never want to waste your money especially the second time knowingly you know you had a bad experience the 1st time.

You take the risk and you hope the reward is a decent dish you can come back for or recommend to someone. If not keep your money in pocket and keep it moving.

No need for yelp review too.

Most of the Mexican spots in NYC are run by Chinese, so i'm not sure what to choose. :lol:

On the flip side to this, in the Bay Area, we have a lot of Mexican chefs that cook Chinese, Japanese, Italian, etc. Most of it has to do with cheap or cheaper labor but back in the days, I would have second questioned a Japanese spot with a Mexican chef but by the end of it, the food is always done well.

I love me some americanized Chinese food, but if I had to choose just one... Mexican, all day.

Chipotle > panda or P.F. Chang’s don’t @ Me
I would say that in terms of mass market/chain spots, any mexican place is better than the Chinese offerings...give me Chipotle/Qdobas/Moes over the Pandas and PF changs

The Chinese carry outs and hole in the wall joints are just right tho

Someone make a spinoff thread.. Asian vs Hispanic cuisine.

I'll take hispanic food and never touch an asian dish for the rest of my life..

Someone make a spinoff thread.. Asian vs Hispanic cuisine.

I'll take hispanic food and never touch an asian dish for the rest of my life..

That'd be an interesting thread but people really need to put their race down and where they live when posting which one they prefer. I am almost sure Mexican food is more accepted to the masses than Chinese in America. I don't think it is the same around other parts of the world. You'll always find Chinese food everywhere.

no one is mad. if anything, when ever someone says that, its actually a reflection of how they feel.

None of these researchers are experts in Chinese history or Chinese linguists. You really think they can even name 5 different Chinese ethnicities?

theres 1.3 billion people living in China. I dont think you understand that. thats 10x the population of Mexico. in addition, China is much bigger than Mexico.

now imagine that, and then imagine having micro interaction with the people in China. from the west end of China to the east, north end and south.

You really think these "researchers" had micro interactions with any Chinese minority group? they prob just saw some generalized data and grouped bunch of ethnic minorities together.

China is one of the oldest civilizations as well. also the maya.

im sure these "researchers" just see china and think of orange chicken and friend rice anyways.

Yeah they're "researchers" from two major universities :lol:.

I think the researchers understood very well the number of people in China and all of the ethnicities in that country, that is after all, exactly what they were researching.

You're arguing against research, not by using facts but just because, "you know".

You're having an alternative facts episode right now champ, you can't accept the facts because it doesn't fit with what you think you know.

"Well, who cares about research from two major universities! Just look at the numbers man, I don't need to do any research to know they're wrong and I'm right."

I'm done here.

Back
Top Bottom