Choose one - Chinese or Mexican food (American for both)

Need some examples of american mexican food.
This was my next question.

I guess Tex-Mex?

Someone else should have a more accurate answer.

I can count on one hand how many times I have eaten Chinese food once in the last 10 years, So I know it probably isn't that

Mexican is slightly better because I love Cheese and sour cream. But, Italian food is my top choice.

You do realize that there over 60 different cultural groups living in Mexico, all of whom speak different languages? Then you mix in Europeans and Africans and you have a WIDE variety of culinary history.

Idont wanna argue but im not saying Mexico doesnt have a vast and rich food culture. but compared to China, I dont think it comes close.

Spanish is still the predominant language spoken in Mexico. about 90% of everyone Mexico speaks Spanish predominantly.
Mandarin, the official language of china, is only spoken by 70% of the Chinese population. thats 900 million out of 1.3 billion.

Mexico's entire population is 128 million. the math right there should tell you something.

Though choice because authentic Chinese is full of flavor and not just fried rice but I’ll go Mexican. Italian and Indian/middle eastern cuisine tho >>>>>>>>

Why does authenticity matter other than being able to make a blog post about your eating experience?

Serious question
We must be in contextually different places in this convo, no way you're asking what the difference is in a taco from chipotle vs an authentic spot.

And Tex Mex is it's own thing, wouldn't put that under the "Americanized" category.

You do realize that there over 60 different cultural groups living in Mexico, all of whom speak different languages? Then you mix in Europeans and Africans and you have a WIDE variety of culinary history.
This also plays into the concept of what is authentic is usually unknown to most folks that are eating the dishes.

We don't know where folks come from so we wouldn't have a clue as to how authentic it is.

So that is why I say fresh ingredients and taste are what matters

Mexican easy. I don't mess with American Chinese. Always a greasy mess. I f**k with Thai food though.

Give me some fish tacos with pico, guac, slaw, lime and cilantro and I'm gucci.

Easy-Fish-Tacos-with-the-Best-Fish-Taco-Sauce-4.jpg

We must be in contextually different places in this convo, no way you're asking what the difference is in a taco from chipotle vs an authentic spot.

And Tex Mex is it's own thing, wouldn't put that under the "Americanized" category.

Yea that definitely isn't what I am asking.

Read my posts above that clears it up.

But in general, good food is good food is my point.

Something being authentic doesn't automatically make a dish better than a non-authentic dish.

People not traditionally of certain cultures add their twists to traditional dishes that, taste wise, supercede their predecessors. It has always happened, food is always evolving.

What do we eat today that is truly authentic? Most things we eat are some sort of fusion.

That is what I am saying.

Non-authentic shouldn't carry such a negative label

Again, can someone explain what American-Mexican is.

Please don't mention stupid fast food chains. Se aren't even considering that to be real good

I'm from NYC, and Chinese food is nothing like how they serve here in Texas.

The Texas Mexican food is far more better than ones I tried In nyc.

I've also have had authentic mexican food and Chinese (Cantonese) food before due to having friends from both regions of the world.

It's a toss up, but I'll do Chinese food

Yea that is subjective and has no way of being measured. That isn't an argument I would even challenge
Right but I thought you were saying that if it tastes good than why would authenticity matter and I'm saying people would argue that it tastes even better. I know it's subjective but a majority of people would agree that a taco from taco bell isn't going to taste as good as a taco from an "authentic" restaurant. I personal don't care. I'm not a food snob so I think it all taste good. However if I feel like treating myself I will try to get as authentic as possible.

Idont wanna argue but im not saying Mexico doesnt have a vast and rich food culture. but compared to China, I dont think it comes close.

Spanish is still the predominant language spoken in Mexico. about 90% of everyone Mexico speaks Spanish predominantly.
Mandarin, the official language of china, is only spoken by 70% of the Chinese population. thats 900 million out of 1.3 billion.

Mexico's entire population is 128 million. the math right there should tell you something.

It's no argument, Mexico is more ethnically diverse than China.

Here you go champ.

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3

Right but I thought you were saying that if it tastes good than why would authenticity matter and I'm saying people would argue that it tastes even better. I know it's subjective but a majority of people would agree that a taco from taco bell isn't going to taste as good as a taco from an "authentic" restaurant. I personal don't care. I'm not a food snob so I think it all taste good. However if I feel like treating myself I will try to get as authentic as possible.
Yea, as I mentioned I am not even discussing fast food spots. That isn't food in my opinion. That is another category of edibles.

This scenario would make more sense to explain my argument.

If I saw two food trucks selling Tacos.

Truck 1: Black Folks from Alabama putting their twist on Tacos
Truck 2: Mexican Folks making authentic Tacos

I do not go into the situation assuming, or giving blind faith, that Truck #2 TASTES better. I am simply seeking out the better tasting food truck. Truck #2 being pure Mexican doesn't matter when it comes to which one tasting better. It simply gives me an idea of it being more traditional than Truck 1.

So that doesn't matter, TO ME. That is why I say authenticity means nothing if all presenting parties provide fresh food and have good food

I had a conversation with one of Chinese friend back in NYC. I told him I had hunan style Chinese food which he said he's has tried but his family origins is Cantonese so it's not on regular he has hunan style food.

From what he told me Hunan food tends to have more spices than Cantonese.

Chime in if this is correct?

I'm not Mexican nor Chinese....but I'm open minded and willing to learn.

Again, can someone explain what American-Mexican is.

Please don't mention stupid fast food chains. Se aren't even considering that to be real good
its basically mexican food with american influence
tex mex is food that started from the mexicans living in texas using mexican recipes with texan ingredients

usually equates to a lot of cheese and stuff like brisket on nachos
any of these tacos with all these creative ingredients is basically american mexican food

Back
Top Bottom