Bruce Lee Playing Ping Pong with Some Damn Nunchucks

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Bruce Lee =/= royce gracie

yeah not even close bruce lee didn't even train for 1 on 1 fights so much as real-life street fight situations, which often meant fighting off more than one opponent or being ready to. he was one of the greatest pioneers in the history of martial arts. i don't "have a grudge" against him, i'm just saying he wouldn't win in a fight against a guy easily 50+ lbs bigger than him and way stronger.
I wasn't comparing Gracie to Lee, I only used the example to show you the obvious flaw in your logic, that size and strength mean nothing topeople with this kind of skill level. Like I said, only way Tyson has a chance against Bruce Lee is if Lee decides to be ******ed and stand directly in frontof Tyson and exchange blows...

Originally Posted by J Burner

yeah not even close bruce lee didn't even train for 1 on 1 fights so much as real-life street fight situations, which often meant fighting off more than one opponent or being ready to. he was one of the greatest pioneers in the history of martial arts. i don't "have a grudge" against him, i'm just saying he wouldn't win in a fight against a guy easily 50+ lbs bigger than him and way stronger.
I wasn't comparing Gracie to Lee, I only used the example to show you the obvious flaw in your logic, that size and strength mean nothing to people with this kind of skill level. Like I said, only way Tyson has a chance against Bruce Lee is if Lee decides to be ******ed and stand directly in front of Tyson and exchange blows...
as opposed to what, sneaking up behind him?

and your presumption that "size and strength mean nothing" is absurd. they mean a great deal, which is why any professional combat sport is strictlybroken up by weight class.

indifferent.gif
Joseph Camel Jr wrote:

I wasn't comparing Gracie to Lee, I only used the example to show you the obvious flaw in your logic, that size and strength mean nothing to people with this kind of skill level. Like I said, only way Tyson has a chance against Bruce Lee is if Lee decides to be ******ed and stand directly in front of Tyson and exchange blows...

and your presumption that "size and strength mean nothing" is absurd. they mean a great deal, which is why any professional combat sport is strictly broken up by weight class.

indifferent.gif
@ your first statement. You see no other alternative ways tofight someone besides standing directly in front of them, or sneaking up behind them? No wonder we're having this conversation.....

Your second statement is EXACTLY why I used the Royce Gracie example to begin with, because there WAS NO WEIGHT CLASS, jeezus. And what I said was "sizeand strength mean nothing to people of that skill level. "

indifferent.gif
Joseph Camel Jr wrote:

and your presumption that "size and strength mean nothing" is absurd. they mean a great deal, which is why any professional combat sport is strictly broken up by weight class.

indifferent.gif
@ your first statement. You see no other alternative ways to fight someone besides standing directly in front of them, or sneaking up behind them? No wonder we're having this conversation.....

Your second statement is EXACTLY why I used the Royce Gracie example to begin with, because there WAS NO WEIGHT CLASS, jeezus. And what I said was "size and strength mean nothing to people of that skill level. "

wow where to begin.

i'm talking about a fight as in an organized, planned one, not some fight where lee out of nowhere attacks tyson of vice-versa. get a grip.

secondly, gracie was a pioneer but elite ufc fighters today would tear him apart. mma has progressed. they are "people of that skill level," and theyare strictly broken up by weight class. as i said earlier.

size and strength matters. period.

ok, bruce lee practiced take down's to and royce gracie practiced striking.... sooo.... stop with that bruce was a striker.

bruce and gracie >> everyone mentioned in this thread

here is royce gracie at 178 pounds beat the sumo legend akebono.. at 486 pounds

SMH as joseph camel JR for saying royce gracie would get teared apart by modern UFC fighters
roll.gif
, half of them suck
laugh.gif

royce gracie and bruce would rip apart tyson in a match

Originally Posted by QueensFinest101

ok, bruce lee practiced take down's to and royce gracie practiced striking.... sooo.... stop with that bruce was a striker.

SMH as joseph camel JR for saying royce gracie would get teared apart by modern UFC fighters
roll.gif
, half of them suck
laugh.gif

Actually Royce Gracie did fight in the UFC couples of years back and he lost to Matt Hughes in a catch height bout. However, I think Bruce Leewould kill anyone if there's no rules. I'm talking about everything goes (no guns tho). You know what, Bruce Lee with a nunchucks would killeverybody....
smile.gif

off topic but my grandma told me she used to babysit bruce lee when she was a teenager

Like the Gracie vs Akebono vid proves anything. It doesn't even prove anything about weight difference. Akebono is far too slow, fat and a poor fighter toprove absolutely anything. Come on...
ohwell.gif

^^ sumo is an intense wrestling

they go through real harsh training and they are really strong

plus he goes to the ground with a dude trained for wrestling

learn your facts, sumo wrestlers are reallly really trained intensly

i bet you if he grabbed tyson it would be over
roll.gif
roll.gif

( dont come back with if he grabbed bruce, because he wouldnt be able to , plus if he did bruce would slip away, boxing footwork is very easy to take down andtrap)

Originally Posted by QueensFinest101

roll.gif
, half of them suck
laugh.gif

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. There's no doubt that Royce is a legend of MMA, but fighters now days are much morerefined and well-rounded compared to the old school UFC days. Most fighters who aren't trash at grappling and submission defense would have their way withhim. The reason why he was so successful was because BJJ was a relatively unknown thing. In fact, one of the co-founders of the UFC was Rorion Gracie. Hewanted to showcase the strength of Gracie Jiu Jitsu through the successes of his younger brother. No one knew how to deal with it at the time, thus makingRoyce very successful in the Octagon. Now, you would be a joke without a sound knowledge of BJJ.

roll.gif
roll.gif

( dont come back with if he grabbed bruce, because he wouldnt be able to , plus if he did bruce would slip away, boxing footwork is very easy to take down and trap)
Yeah, Akebono is really strong and trained intensely - which is why he has such a poor MMA record. Eating chankonabe and falling asleep all daystands you in good stead to fight other sumo wrestlers. You're using a very poor comparison to illustrate your point.

Sure, put Bruce Lee in a lightweight division or something in pro-boxing and he would probably do extremely well. Put him in a heavyweight division and Idon't think he would do very well at all.

Just because he was the cha-cha-cha king of Hong Kong does not mean that he would destroy Tyson.

Originally Posted by blacklion23

Bruce Lee would beat Tyson with skill and discipline. As the far as the playing ping pong with nunchucks goes, I wouldn't be surprised if Bruce Lee could. But I think this was for a commercial or something.
what he said.

Originally Posted by GEN0ME

roll.gif
roll.gif

( dont come back with if he grabbed bruce, because he wouldnt be able to , plus if he did bruce would slip away, boxing footwork is very easy to take down and trap)
Yeah, Akebono is really strong and trained intensely - which is why he has such a poor MMA record. Eating chankonabe and falling asleep all day stands you in good stead to fight other sumo wrestlers. You're using a very poor comparison to illustrate your point.

Sure, put Bruce Lee in a lightweight division or something in pro-boxing and he would probably do extremely well. Put him in a heavyweight division and I don't think he would do very well at all.

Just because he was the cha-cha-cha king of Hong Kong does not mean that he would destroy Tyson.

tyson throws punch, bruce lee side steps .. kicks in knee cap..breaks tysons knee cap ... side kick to face.. tyson falls..

it would be as simple as that.

or.. tyson throws punch... gracie dodges gracie grabs throws, lock...end fight..

tyson throws punch yoshida side steps yoshida throws tyson... tyson skull cracks because he was thrown on it..end fight

I just can't see Bruce hurting Tyson with strikes.... although if he can get Tyson into a
submission....

Cool video...anyways Bruce Lee would win in a fight against Mike Tyson. It's not always about strength, it's about technique! Clearly Bruce has moretechnique studying martial arts
ever since he was 13 from his master. Also, his body is probably hard rock like the shaolin monks from China so he will be able to take hits IF Mike Tyson hitshim.

<better than Bruce Lee

A Boxing match? Tyson wins, easily....

An all out fight? ...Tough to decide, but it wouldn't be a landslide by either...

cool videos.

Back
Top Bottom